Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Four Monday Blessings and my Tuesday Treasures!

 Monday was chock full of blessings!!

First of all - the State Farm insurance adjuster arrived at 1:00 to look at our roof after I had filed a claim for hail damage. His name is Jeremiah and he was the nicest guy. I admit to being nervous about this visit but he was kind and personable and easy to talk with.

He spent over an hour looking at everything from the roof to the gutters to the storage buildings to the gazebo. Bottom line - we do indeed have hail damage that is covered by our policy and I had no idea that the insurance would also pay for our new gazebo cover, rain curtains and mosquito screens!
Talk about a Win! WIN!!!!


The second of Monday's blessings came from Nita's beloved neighbor, Sheryl.
The sign for the Memory Garden Sheryl has created came in.
I look forward to visiting it every time we are in Fort Worth.
Nita loved Sheryl and always reminded me to pray for her and her family.
Nita loved with a steadfast love that never wavered.
I know her prayers made a difference in the lives of all she prayed for.....myself included.

The third blessing came from Dean and Sherry!
I sent them a text reminding them that Louis Dean was fretting over his tiller which he is anxious to use and upset that it won't run!
They went down and discovered that it is to run on unleaded gas - NOT the high dollar mixture Louis Dean recently spent $195 stocking up on! No worries - he has enough fuel now to run his lawn mower for the rest of his life!

The fourth blessing?
Dean and Sherry found a place to get the truck alignment!
Right across the street from the big HEB on I35!!


We celebrated our Monday with a T-bone steak!!!

I have never had one single problem - large or small - that God has not shown me a solution.
I can't imagine how many times He has intervened for me without my even knowing about it!

Tuesdays With Brenda!!!
We started off her retirement right by hitting up TWO Texas Thrift Stores!
We like them better than the Goodwill lately!
The Goodwill organizes their clothing by color while Texas Thrift does it by size.


I think Brenda's biggest score was her Chico outfit!
She has an excellent eye for quality and this pair of jeans were so HER!!!
I love the details on the legs.
As was the matching Chico top!
The rooster was a score that will go well with some of her mother's Brenda inherited.

Brenda found some other treasures, too.

We stopped at Chick-fil-A for tea and a snack before going on to another Texas Thrift in Bedford.


I found so many treasures!!!
Always books!!
Which reminds me - if anyone would like to read 'An Irish Country Girl' by Patrick Taylor - I will be more than happy to send it to you!
It was a great read and if you are the least bit Irish - you will love it!

Votive candles! Who KNEW they would be hard to find these days?
The pretty pink flowers will go to the ranch with us as well as the denim footstool that features storage under the top!
The pretty valance will soon hang in the front room at the ranch - replacing the faded red gingham that has been there for 5+ years.


I love the glass cutting board featuring bread - and the yellow-green thing???
It's an insulated sleeve for a wine bottle with a side pocket for a corkscrew!!
The buffalo plaid bag is insulated as well and will be filling with salad things from our fridge her to our fridge at the ranch. The fall animal print bag is brand new and I love it!


The mail and key keeper will be hung in our foyer replacing one I have had for years but never really liked! I will take it to the ranch and repaint it to give it a new life there!


Faux greenery to decorate the gazebo when we come home.
I'm going to use the three lemon themed bed sheets to cover the cushions in there and Louis Dean and I will sip coffee from the lemon mugs and later iced tea from the glasses!
I plan to fill up the hummingbird feeder before we leave tomorrow.


A better photo of that cool bag!!


Louis Dean is holding up a curtain I will use in his bathroom for fall.
A plain line on the inside will make this work fine and the colors are perfect for that room!


I had other treasures but I didn't want to bore you!
Just so you know - I donate back as much as I buy and I am really and truly not a hoarder!!
I promise!

I am buying up some gifts that I don't post about as four precious grands will soon be celebrating their 11th birthday!!
How did THAT happen???

So that's it for tonight's journal entry!!!


And I am so grateful for yours!


17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think you found more this time than any other shopping trip I can remember! I love the wild animal bag! How awesome about your home insurance, HURRAH!!

Anonymous said...

I’ll save you the trip to the post office and take dibs on the Irish book if it is still available!!

Anonymous said...

This is Rosey in Lott !!

Anonymous said...

You have it!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I love this post! You are so right - God is there and will help us in all of our problems! I completely agree. So glad that you found out that your insurance will help with the repairs on your roof and gazebo. Awesome news! I love seeing the fun treasures you find when you go thrifting. You have very good taste when it comes to thrift store finds! My favorite part was the cute video at the end. You and L.D. are precious! Have a wonderful week, my friend!

Estelle's said...

LD is looking great...just amazing and you certainly did have success at thrifting...love the bag...so chic...and yes, God blesses us in so many ways...I love the idea of Nita's garden....she would be so honored too!

Kathy said...

You always find such great things at the thrift stores.

Arlene G said...

As I was reading your blog, the words to the old hymns, Take it to the Lord in Prayer, popped into my head. I admit that prayer can sometimes be my last resort rather than my first one!! What a difference it makes when we ask God for help. So happy for all these answered prayers and hoping everything will be done quickly and correctly. Love to you and Louis Dean.

MadSnapper said...

great news about the insurance coverage!! and a surprise to me. I like the lemon theme and can't wait to see the new improved gazebo. you spend a lot of time out there and lemons are perfect for summertime

photowannabe said...

Wow, I am amazed that the insurance is paying for so much...especially the gazebo et all...God is so good.
Fantastic treasures you found...just a win-win all the way around.
Love your repurposing of your purchases and the new sign for Nita's garden..so precious.
Sue

Hootin Anni said...

Awesome thrifting!!!
Insurance appraisal is good news!!

Judy said...

How can those grands be 11 already? I remember that time well, and my prayers on their behalf. God is good! Love your Monday gifts! So great that the insurance is coming through for you!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So much love and fun and joy in your posts. Thank you for taking us along for the ride to the thrift stores. You did really well!! I should learn to shop from you. You appear to have a great eye and knack for it. I haven't been around for very long in your wonderful world, so I didn't know about the quads when they were born. I am amazed to know about them. I can well imagine there were many prayers on their behalf. So wonderful to see how healthy and strong and sweet they are today. God is good. Oh, glad the insurance came through for you!! That is good news!!

Donna said...

I love a good thrift store! All we have in these parts are Salvation Army and Goodwill...I need to do some research!
hugs
Donna

Susie said...

Linda, I think I must have been a coma for a few years, there's no way the quads are 11 yrs old!!! But maybe so, since our Emma is going to be 19 soon. OOOh that just make my heart ache. I want to squeeze her and do crafts with her...but she is going to school and working too. Yes, our babies are growing up way too quickly. I am so happy your friend is retired and you two can have girl time. Blessings to all, love you guys, xoxo,Susie

Carole said...

Love the pattern on that curtain. Cheers

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What a lovely uplifting post.
God is so good.
P.S. That wild animal bag really is cool.