Monday, February 13, 2023

Saturday News and Super Bowl Sunday!

Louis Dean couldn't WAIT to pick up  his truck Saturday around noon!
We are normally slow to get going in the mornings but he was chomping at the bit to get up there and bring his truck HOME!

I don't often leave home with my bed not made and all my make up NOT on!
I didn't even fix my hair but slapped a cap on my head as we headed out the door.
Louis Dean was so happy to see his truck again that not even the hefty price tag could dampen his spirits!

I followed him home in the car and left him out on the driveway cleaning up two years of oil leaks while I went in to do my Saturday housework.

I was talking to (step son) Dean on the phone when Louis Dean came in and requested my undivided attention. He had parked the truck on a clean area of the driveway as he worked on the oil stains - and then he looked under the truck and IT WAS STILL DRIPPING!! Only faster than ever and this time it was BLACK!

I called Charles at Midas Muffler and he said to bring it back.
Bottom line - there were TWO leaks and now they have to find the other one!
Louis Dean was fit to be tied!
Praise God Sherry came back to spend the night and she made all the difference!
We sat and talked and laughed and it took his mind right off of the truck!

It was late when we went to bed and he was asleep in no time!
Win! WIN!!!

Sunday morning we got right up and started preparing for our Super Bowl Party!!
Sherry had helped me do the pepper poppers and prepare some of the dishes on Saturday night so I put everything in crock pots and turned them on! Easy Peasy!


I wore the KC pin my siblings gave me when I was in Kansas City in May of 2021.


Red earrings and red pants as I turned the TV on at 11:00 to catch all the pre game stuff!


Drank my Diet Coke from my Kansas City wine glass sister Rita gave me.


Brenda and Billy came over and brought a beautiful charcuterie board!


I had just pulled the dump cake out when they arrived!
I had sent Louis Dean up to Kroger to get ice cream and that's the last time I'll be sending him to the store! He spent $83 on ICE CREAM!!! 5 tubs of Blue Bell and 3 GIANT tubs of other ice cream!
I'm surprised he fit it all in the deep freezer!


Pulled pork.....


baked beans..... and baked potatoes on another crock pot.


Queso in this smaller one.


We had the best time!!


Ilene joined us and we both like football while
Brenda watched the commercials and worked the puzzle!!
Pam was here for the first half and we snacked all through that.
She was too full to eat by then so I sent her home with a goodie bag of half time dinner food!

I was in the kitchen getting the food ready during the half time show and I don't think I missed much!

The second half was more intense and we all were rooting for Kansas City!!!


It was such a great game of two evenly matched teams with both quarterbacks from TEXAS!


I was on the edge of my seat - or standing up in front of the TV - right down to the last few seconds!!

Source

What a great game!

And Louis Dean washed all the dishes while I visited with Billy and Brenda afterwards - for the WIN!!!

Not much news on this Monday other than I did contact the neurologist about Louis Dean's medicine.
Perhaps I will hear back tomorrow.
Also Charles has yet to find the source of the oil leak.....
again.....perhaps tomorrow.

I have a kitchen planner on my counter with a list of things to do - 
I cross out the ones I did and circle the ones I did not.
I'm doing a happy dance as I did every single thing plus some - except for ONE!
Exercise.
I will do that second in the morning!
First is always Quiet Time and Coffee.





21 comments:

Carole said...

I don't understand American foootball but did see the end of the match. Very exciting. Hope LD"s truck is all good soon. Cheers

Rosella said...

Looks like your team won!!! I watched it a bit and left it on for some comforting "background" sound - lol! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and for your sweet words. Happy Valentine's Day to you ...

Brenda said...

Loved Peyton Manning and of course when Cowboys played…I remember the first Super Bowl…glad you had fun.

Vee said...

Oh you had great time! I was cheering for the Chiefs because my neighbors are such big Chiefs fans that they visit Kansas City every year. Your Kansas City peeps must be very happy. 🏈

So sorry about The truck frustrations. May it all get handily resolved sooner rather than too much later.

Arlene G said...

Marvin was happy as the field goal kicker is a Ga Tech Alum!!! I was pulling for Philadelphia as I am a Jalen Hurts fan. This young man was a quarter back at Alabama before he transferred to Oklahoma. Well on a bright note, you have enough ice cream for quite a while. However I know it pierced your heart a bit...another learning curve. Hugs to you and LD!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. Congrats on the KC win! We didn't watch the game at all, but I was secretly rooting for Philly! Everything you served at your Super Bowl Party looks like it was just delicious! I hope that you and and Louis Dean have a good week and enjoy all that ice cream! See you again soon!

Unknown said...

It was a good Super Bowl this year. I was rooting for KC and glad they pulled off a win. I hope they can find that 2nd oil leak on Louis Dean's truck. I always dread a car repair. I had to laugh at Louis Dean spending $83.00 on ice cream. But in his defense everything has gotten so expensive and he probably didn't realize it would come to that much.

NanaDiana said...

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day, Linda. I hope you and LD have a good day and get good news on the 're-fix' of the truck. That is so discouraging! Sounds like a wonderful football game party at your house. Our kids all got together at my son's house and the game was intense!
I'd say that you won't have to send LD out for ice cream anytime soon. $83! Bet they thought he was opening an ice cream stand! lol
Have a blessed day! xo Diana

MadSnapper said...

OMW OMW!!!!!! the leak story. How horrible is that? hope they find it quickly.your party looks like fun. with that much ice cream you could have sent a tub home with each person. laughed out loud but it is also sad. I sense a few ice socials coming to your home soon.. you have enough family to invite them all several times

Rita said...

Don't watch football but it looks like you had fun!
Happy Valentine's Day!! :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Wishing you lots of love! Your game day food looks very good ! Wow! that is a lot of Ice cream. Now you'll have to have a party with cake and ice cream!

Deanna Rabe said...

That's frustrating for LD about his truck! Hope it's all fixed now.

We didn't watch the game, but I was glad for KC! I know you were happy!

You've got enough ice cream for every party this year! He was planning ahead! grin

Glad your day was a good one!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That was a great Super bowl game! Hope this week goes well and the truck gets fixed. Happy Valentine's day to you both...sweethearts! Hugs, Diane

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Only one of watched the game in this household, and that was good for both of us. Your get together sounded like a good time with great food too. Hope the oil leak issues get resolved this week, how frustrating.

Chatty Crone said...

I think most every American watched the football game - a good one indeed.
Gosh two leaks and the first was so $$$
Dean went and bought $83 worth of ice cream. That should last you for a while. The pr ice on ice cream has gone up too!
You sure do have fun with friends.
I think you could cross out exercise with all that work yesterday!

photowannabe said...

Yikes on the "re-do" for the truck..Sure hope they find the problem.
All of the game day food looked so good. You really know how to do things so well.
Watched the game and rooted for KC too. Escaped to the other room for half time..I guess I am too old but I thought it was awful!
Hugs for you and LD. That was a heck of a lot of ice cream. I wouldn't have room for so much.
Sue

BeachGypsy said...

You look so pretty In Your red and white outfit! Wow look at all that yummy food!! Hope Louis Dean's truck is ready TODAY!! Happy valentines day!-- the sunshine is bright and pretty here today-- its so welcome. I'll be by later FOR ICE CREAM!! LOL

Susie said...

Linda, Tell LD I would have been raving and ranting too about the truck. Yikes. I can not help it, I laughed about his ice cream buying. OMG Glad things are working out and that your gathering was enjoyable. Blessuings to all, love you guy, xoxo, Susie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my, I do hope they can figure out where the leak is. That is frustrating! But it sounds like your Super Bowl party was great! The food sounds wonderful, and yes, I was happy that KC won, even though I really didn't have a preference when I started, but just liked them better. We had a party at our church with goodies like you had, only yours looked better. We only stayed until half time and then came home. I went to bed shortly thereafter. Just couldn't make it all the way to the end, but I heard about it later. Wow, that IS a lot of ice cream!!!!That's funny, but not. I understand. I hope you like ice cream. LOL. Praying for you. I enjoyed your post and all the stories. God bless you dear friend.

Granny Marigold said...

I know the day is about over but I hope you and Louis Dean had a lovely Valentines Day. I laughed so hard when I read that LD came home with $83 worth of ice cream. Gotta love a man that does that.

Kathy said...

Now frustrating about the leak in your truck. I hope it gets fixed this time. And I hope that they give you a discount! I don't usually watch football, but you know I watched the Super Bowl and wore my green, I even sang the Eagles fight song with the crowd (like a good Philadelphian). It was a really good game and I felt they were evenly matched. Congrats to your KC team. What are you going to do with $83 of ice cream?