Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Tuesday's Treasures!

 This was a good Tuesday.
Louis Dean and I both woke up on the early side (before 10:00!) and had our coffee together as we did our  daily reading in the Chronological Bible.
I watered the deck side of the back yard - jumping up to refill my coffee cup and running out to change the water. We don't have a fancy watering system and our spray nozzles don't all work well so I use a piece of my cedar mulch to hold the spray trigger open. Then I hook the trigger between rungs or wherever I can on one of the metal chairs or even the table out there on the deck and let it water on its own while I have another cup of coffee and read another chapter.
Then I run out and change it again.

Louis Dean is locking himself out of some of his programs and I know how frustrating that can be.
I've done it myself.
So this morning I helped him get back in to one of his important ones and he was a happy camper.
It's the little things that make us happy.
Nearly always.

We went to the drive through carwash in preparation for our road trip to Mountain View, Arkansas.
By the way - does anyone reading live up that way?
We would love to stop by and meet you!
That's how we met Phyllis in 2018.
She lives in Rockaway Beach, Oregon and it was such a blessing to meet her on that trip.
But back to the carwash - we opted for the Super Deluxe one since we very seldom wash our car and we wanted to go all out for this trip!

It was so much fun! Lots of different colors of suds and so much whishing and washing!

I told Louis Dean that when we get old and don't have anything to do, I will ask him,
"Hey! You want to go get the car washed???"

We came home and I got ready to meet Brenda for lunch at Jason's Deli to celebrate her birthday since  I won't be here that day.

I totally forgot to take a pic of us but we had the best soup and salad lunch and lots of visiting.
I so needed that. I was all shaky and jittery and I just hate being that way.
Sometimes we just need to talk and cry a bit and talk some more and then tear up again and then laugh and life goes on.
 

Next thing we know we were at Texas Thrift on Beltline Road.
I told Brenda IF we each bought something, we needed to take a pic of us together as I was 'low on blog fodder for today.'

Silly me!
Of course, we both found some treasures!

It's what we DO!!

The thrill of the hunt!



I only had a moderate haul but it's all treasure.


These pretty sunflowers won't be wilting any time soon.
My sunflower bush is close to being spent so I found these just in time!


This is Louis Dean's face when I told him we still have 24 more days of Neil Diamond songs!
THEN he gets to listen to Josh Groban!


I am loving this Rachael Ray Casserole carrier! 
It has an extra zipper to enlarge the capacity just like a suitcase.
I think you could stack TWO casseroles in this thing and then there's an extra compartment for your utensils and hot pads.


Two weeks ago there were three of these muffin pans.....
I thought about buying them then as MY three muffin pans have disappeared.
(I think Louis Dean washed them and carried them off someplace to dry. I may not see them again for a very long time.)
Only one was there today so I bought it.
It's a 'surprise' pan that you can put a bit of batter in and them impale a piece of candy or marshmallow or mint or such and then cover with more batter.
I will probably just push my paper cupcake liner down over the 'nail' and proceed as usual.

Louis Dean and I will read the Nutcracker book out loud together this Christmas season.


I love this wreath and it is now in Louis Dean's bathroom.
I set a lamp in the center of it and use it as a 'lamp ring.'

Tonight we cleaned the interior of the car together.
He did all the windows and I did the Armor All.

Then we watered the front flower beds.
It rained all around us Sunday and even Monday and just a bare sprinkle here!
Our water bill was the highest it's ever been - except for those few times when we have had a leak or simply forgot and watered night and day.

While we were out there on the driveway, our friend and neighbor, Ilene, was out walking and stopped by to visit with us for a few minutes.
She and I had a glass of wine after I finished up with the car.
I love living in a neighborhood where we know and love people and get to have impromptu visits from time to time and other times intentionally.
As in Saturday September 24th which will be my 74th birthday.
 I invited Ilene to my party which I am throwing for myself as well as all the fall birthdays and Benjamin's August birthday. It was way too hot to celebrate then plus we were still reeling from Nita's death. My firstborn grandchild, Sam, has a birthday one day after mine. Levi's is in October as is Summer's and both Son Jesse and Louis Dean have November birthdays.

It's going to be fun like a par-TAY!!!!



13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What an unusual muffin tiin, I have never heard of one like this. Your blue table is gorgeous!!

Brenda said...

Enjoy your trip.

Arlene G said...

Hope you find those cupcake pans.lol Men....I often find things in different places now that Marvin is home full time. I appreciate the help though, not complaining. Have a safe trip...wish you were coming to North Alabama!!

Vee said...

You know how to party every day. I mean who else gets a thrill out of the car wash? The biggest thrill I ever got out of a car wash was the day my driver's window was down a crack. Yes, it was a car wash and a shampoo!

Louis Dean's expression cracked me up. He is already tiring of Neil, I take it. 😁

Happy packing and planning. Hope you hear from some future friends!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You and your friend always find the best things and your store there does have a wide variety. Your coming birthday party does sound like a a great time for all. Car washes can be fun, I was to one once that had all the colorful sides. What a sight to see! Hope you have a wonderful week!

MadSnapper said...

no matter what comes your way you are always happy and kind and gentle and make me laugh while reading your journal. you are a born adventurer and shopper and friend lover..

photowannabe said...

Your Tuesday really was full of Treasures.
Loved reading all about everything you squeeze into a day.
I have never seen muffin tins like that before. Are the spikes in the cups for a particular kind of muffin?
thinking you will get a lot of use from the casserole carrier with all the galavanting you do.
Love the car wash story.
Its kind of like our Wednesdates...now its going to Super Walmart to the bakery for the day old marked down goodies. We purchase them each week for our Celebrate Recovery meeting every Friday night.
Dave and I set up serve and clean up for social dessert time after the attendees meeting. We have been doing it for years and it is such a blessing.
After our jaunt at the store we go to a locally owned Mom and Pop donut shop, chat with the owner while we have our apple fritter (not on my diet!) and me-coffee, Dave tea.
Precious "date" time for us too, then we diet for the rest of the week (:0)
Love you
Sue

Brenda said...

Daughter will be flying down for my big birthday send of September
Just her and the ones here
We don’t do parties
She comes every few weeks and is timing this one for the day.
Enjoy your blog

Carole said...

Hot August Night was one of my faves! Enjoy your ND! Cheers

Bluebird49 said...

Linda, you have a gift for counting every ounce of joy in a day and sharing it with us, and I just love you for it!
❤❤Trudy-gurl!❤❤

Changes in the wind said...

That casserole carrier sound so cleaver, glad you found it and lot of other goodies as well. It's exciting preparing for a trip and getting the car washed makes it special as well. That upcoming party will be celebrating lots of special people and special days.

Brenda said...

The queen….70 year reign…

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I am going to be early, Linda, and wish you a Happy 🎂 in advance. We will be on the road in late Sept. visiting family in NJ and PA so did not want to miss out on the good wishes to you. Yes, a party 🎉 with family celebrants is a great plan. Since we can no longer wash our cars ourselves now because of apt living, going through the car wash is something we do at least monthly and it definitely auite the colorful show!