Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Summer's Surgery......

Summer and I were up early this morning - but not TOO early - thank goodness!
She had to be at the surgical center at 10:30 and we were even a few minutes early! 


She drove us there!
AND she was feeling good and ready to get this done.


A photo op in the parking lot.
She IS my daughter!


It was surgery on her left hand.....
she hasn't been able to use it much lately and it's been extremely painful.
They call it a trigger finger and she had three of them on that one hand.

The surgery went well and everyone at the center was so very kind to us.
I just love it when people are kind.

It was after 4:00 when we got back home and both of us went right to bed!

I had been concerned about Louis Dean as when I called him it went straight to voice mail.
Turns out he can't find his phone and it's turned off so I can't make it ring.


I packed my bag tonight and we are preparing to leave in the morning heading west to see Roy and Ruth Ann before going on to Snyder to spend the weekend with Chandy, our granddaughter.

Summer is up and watching a little TV and I am about to go to bed.
Louis Dean is still looking for his phone.......


Before I go, I thought I would explain about the chicken eggs from last night's journal entry......
Dean was working underneath the vehicle......the chickens were laying eggs INSIDE the car!
This is on the floorboard of the passenger side.

Today I was talking to Sherry and she said she found 15 eggs this summer underneath a wheelbarrow.
What with the intense heat - they were not good to eat.
She was surprised they hadn't hatched as hot as it was!

That's the thing about the ranch - there's always something interesting going on.
One piece of good news - while we are sad we did not get a drop pf honey this year - we are still investing in the bees. We are each buying another hive - and at $325 each - it's a bargain!
The price has gone up to $400+ so we are happy to buy two hives from a fellow beekeeper in our bee club. Praying our hives will thrive this next year!!



 




12 comments:

Chy said...

Glad to hear Summer's surgery went well. And hope Louis Dean finds his phone!

X Chy

Unknown said...

I don't recall ever seeing a picture when Summer is not smiling. I hope the surgery brings some relief to her painful hand.

Hootin Anni said...

Hope,now, after surgery, the pain is no longer an issue! Be safe on your trip.

Vee said...

Praising God for the good news on Summer's situation.

Lost phones are such a pain. How well I know!

Happy trails as you travel to see Ruthann and Chandy. Many blessings.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

how wonderful that the surgery went so well. Hopefully you can make the trip now without worrying about Summer being in pain. Hope you have a safe and happy trip.

BeachGypsy said...

SUMMER YOU ARE SO BRAVE!!--- get well soon! Linda I love the bluejean quilt you made!!--- great job! You are so talented at quilts and painting!

photowannabe said...

Your sweet smiling Summer. Thankful the surgery went so well and I'm praying for Summer's complete recovery, oh and that Louis Dean will find his phone.
Have a wonderful weekend with Chandy. She's going to love the quilt.
I want to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
Yes and amen. God does provide.
Sue

Carole said...

Yay for Summer! Hope LD found his phone! Cheers

Susie said...

Linda, Good news about Summer's surgery. Such a sweet girl. Yes, I bet you were concerned and L.D. Have a safe trip to your granddaughter's. Blessings, xoxo,love, Susie

Mandy said...

So glad to read that Summer did so well. Hope y’all have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Summer’s surgery went well. Jan

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

All good news on your end! Yay the surgery has seemed to go so well. I hope you have a wonderful time away and of course that the phone is found! ♥ Thanks for filling us in more on those eggs you found too.