Thursday, November 11, 2021

Tuesday at Brenda's and Our Christmas Bedroom......

 I know this is still the Fall season and Thanksgiving is just around the corner  and I am so enjoying this month of November! My schedule is not crazy busy allowing me to spend back to back days at home nesting, cleaning and decorating.


Tuesday morning I sipped my coffee from my favorite fall cup of this season.
It was a birthday gift - along with lots of other cool things - from Brother Buster and Sister Rita.
And I think of them every time I drink from this cup.
That's my diary underneath it and I just ordered a new one for 2022. 
Time is flying by so fast that it's downright scary!
I feel compelled to do what I want to do while I can still DO it!
Things can change in a heart beat or a blink of an eye.
I want to live my life in such a way that I have no regrets.
We never know what a day may bring us so we must prepare ourselves each and every morning to face our future with grace and courage.
We are all doimg our best to live our very best life.

"Just because a person smiles all the time, doesn't mean their life is perfect. That smile is a symbol of hope and strength."

I worked on changing out my closet from spring and summer to fall and winter on Tuesday.
It was time.  Normally I like to do this when it is really cold outside......but 'cold' hasn't happened here as of yet this year.

Brenda and I have a standing monthly lunch date and have been doing this since 2009.
She gets off early on Tuesdays so we opted to meet at her house at 3:30.


It's like a gift to be invited to the Cumby's home.
I love everything about their house!


Fall is Brenda's season - and rightly so since she has a September birthday!
It's a good thing to have a younger September Sister and I am older by 10 years.
Reminds me of my friend and former back yard neighbor, Mary Jo.. She's 10 years old than I am and still my role model in life.


Brenda is embracing this year's fondness for white and black buffalo plaid.
She has a gift for decorating!


Not too much as I am apt to do.


Tasteful and classy!


I think this was the old 'telephone' nook and I love how she made that work!


Brenda's granddaughter has her own room and it has changed through the years.
I've seen it painted a pale purple with Beanie Babies lining the shelves.
Brenda is a wonderful grandmother and I have learned so much from her.


Their master bedroom......


She has many of her mother's things in here.

Her home is beautiful - but I was here for the hot tub on this Tuesday!


Look how gorgeous their property is!!!


They have a lot and a half......plenty of room for their RV, truck, car and more.


Brenda planned this afternoon as a kind of spa day for us.


This was our view as we sipped some seriously good strawberry margaritas!!


They have designed a wonderful place to enjoy watching the Cowboys games and other programs with easy viewing from their amazing hot tub!


I neglected to get a photo of the supper tray Brenda set out for us until we had already grazed on it!

I arrived over there around 4:00 and it was totally dark when I left.....
and I still managed to make it home and finish changing out my closet.

Wednesday I worked all day on our bedroom!


I am loving the decorating I'm doing this season.
Stepping out of my comfort zone and doing things a little differently.


The tree will have a red cardinal theme - once I find the ornaments.


But for now I am enjoying our bedroom.....


It is my Happy Place this week as the rest of the house has fallen inro total choas!!


And I am busy creating my Christmas Home for 2021......






15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Brenda's home is fabulous; even the outside is beautiful and unique. But so is yours! I love your mug!

Bluebird49 said...

Brenda's place is lovely and so is yours! I know they enjoy the hot tub and the TV room there.πŸ’•πŸ’•
Your bedroom is cozy and Christmas-y, too. I love the red and white and you will run across the ornaments, I know. πŸ˜€

Bluebird49 said...

Oops forgot to tel you I love that mug.πŸ’•πŸ’•

Hootin Anni said...

Well then ..."Good morning pumpkin"! Sweet.
Love your Christmasy bedroom. You always manage to mix comfort & beauty.

Arlene G said...

So fun to visit friends cozy homes. I always get a few ideas that I might use in my own home. I am starting to decorate for Christmas as well. As I am getting older it is so much easier to do a little at a time. I used to do it all in one day like a whirlwind.lol And I have gotten rid of some things but then I went and bought a small tree for my sun room where I stitch!! I got it at Lowes and it sits in a milk can that says Merry Christmas!! I even added twinkle lights to it. So much for being minimal this year.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful to have a spa day with your friend. She is a gorgeous home! WOW! Love the outdoor space. Did someone say Cowboy game? I'm there! heehee! Love your big bed with the pretty linens. I'm going to change mine some today too! Hugs to you both!

Vee said...

Brenda's home is very attractive. How very special for her granddaughter to have her very own room. Nothing would say "beloved" like that.

My goodness! You are hard at work with your well-known cozy result. Looks fabulous!

Changes in the wind said...

Love how you work to maintain your friendships and Brenda's home was indeed beautiful. You always have your place all decked out and this season is set to go.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your home and your Friend's home are very different, but both are beautifully decorated. I believe there is no such thing as too many decorations and you do a beautiful job of making sure everything has a place. You'll be enjoying Christmas longer than I as I won't start decorating till after Thanksgiving, but I'm looking forward to it. Christmas is my favorite holiday! All things Merry and Bright !

photowannabe said...

For not being busy...you are definitely busy!
Brenda's home is just lovely and what a place for a Spa Day! Lucky you..
I love how you have done your own home too..the bedroom will be your special get away place, that's for sure.
Enjoy each day and you do live them to the fullest.
Sue

Wanda said...

I think Brenda has some of your ideas...her home is so full of cozy and lights like yours. I have favorite mugs for seasons, and sometimes several I have to trade off depending on my mood and what color of night gown I'm wearing..haha..I know..I'm a little crazy.

Finally got to have my first Cooking Class at the Villa since Covid. It was so fun. Only seven ladies, but it was wonderful to be together again, laugh and have some sharing.

Carole said...

Lovely post as always. Cheers

Judy said...

Wow, it is looking very Christmassy over there! How fun to have a standing monthly lunch date with a friend! A hot tub spa party sounds like a wonderful way to spend time together!

Far Ago Farm said...

Your Christmas bedroom is so cozy and inviting - just lovely.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thank you Linda for sharing these photos of your friend, Brenda’s lovely home. It is wonderful to get together with a good friend. Your bedroom looks very cozy as well.