Friday, October 25, 2019

Critter Chores Day #1....Friday

The wind and rain made wonderful sleeping weather last night!
Even though my bed was a modge podge of rumpled up sheets and quilts - I slept snug as a bug in a rug. It was wonderful to at last have our electrical problem figured out! My dreams were much less chaotic and I woke up feeling ever so much better!

As soon as we had a good cup of coffee down, we were layering on our clothes and going down to do Critter Chores.


It wasn't all that cold but the wind felt like ice.
I had my jeans and shirt on with a jacket and then a country apron. 
And socks on my hands because I couldn't find my gloves.
Louis Dean bundled up even more that I did.
He kept his pajamas on and then his overalls and a flannel shirt and a big jacket that Amber gave him for Christmas last year and he has worn it so much!

All critters accounted for and we were back up at the camper cabin within and hour!


I made us a big country breakfast for our lunch.
The eggs are such pretty colors.


Then Louis Dean went to work on fixing the electric.
Seems there was a break in the wire from the converter which is under the kitchen cabinet to the box which is under the girl bunk. Not hard to fix once you know where the problem is.
My Knight in shining armor worked all afternoon and right up until it was time for the evening chores. But he got it done!!


My sweet Rufus!
He is loving the T-bone steak bones!
I had three and he got one this morning and evening with one more for tomorrow.


I worked on my art today.
This was my second session on this one and I have two more sessions to go.
Plus I based in another half dozen ornaments and will do the other 6 tomorrow.


I cooked a pot of great white northern beans all afternoon and they smelled so good.
Perfect food for this cold Texas day! What a difference from a few days ago.
I made a box of Jiffy cornbread mix and sliced up an onion. Good eating!

Louis Dean looks tired and rightly so.
I'm proud of him for being able to fix so many things.

We are warm and toasty thanks to Summer and the electric heater she gave us last year.


I have started putting the camper back together.
Sometimes I just need candle light and fragrance.
And a well made bed with flannel sheets and warm blankets - and an open window right beside the bed. I love sleeping in cool air while staying warm and cozy under the covers.

I'm a happy camper tonight!!
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad the problem is finally diagnosed and done!! Louis Dean DOES look tired, but he is well fed for sure. Those eggs are beautiful, they look like Easter eggs.

Bluebird49 said...

Cheers to and for Louis Dean! And to you, for still really blooming under stressful situations. You just always manage to lift me up. Thank you!!

BeachGypsy said...

Well I am sure glad he figured it out....and I'm SURE GLAD he got it fixed!! I COULD TELL for sure things were definetly getting on your last nerve, as you said! ha ha I do believe that Louis Dean can FIX ANYTHING, can't he? LOL Oh girlfriend, those beans sound divine!! I grew up on beans, cornbread, and diced onions, all washed down with big glasses of sweet tea! We often had fried "taters" with it too. To this day, I ADORE A BIG BOWL of beans with onions. Back then My Ma-Maws made homemade cornbread in the big heavy black iron skillets. These days I just maKE "JIFFY". iTS GOOD TOO! LOL I love white beans too, with cornbread. Sounds like a feast to me, I'm on my way!! ha ha LOL
PS---love your cute boots!!! fun!!

Carol said...

So glad things are looking up and that you are enjoying the ranch a little more now. How nice it is that Louis Dean can fix so many things.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love sleeping with it cool and getting all snuggled in! L.D. can fix anything! He's my hero! Love those pretty eggs too! Hugs to you both!

Arlene G said...

I truly believe that Louis Dean can do anything Linda. He amazes me! So glad you got your bed back to order as well as the rest of your house. I am the same way. Chaos is just not good for me. Hope you can enjoy your ranch time until you head home.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad things are back in better order and Rufus indeed looks like he is in love:)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It sounds like a much better day with no more I love Lucy's coming your way! I've been layering up here too.These chilly days make my bones ache. I love the addition of the chicken to your nativity scene. Beautiful painting! I did get started with the base coating yesterday but din't get finished. I hope to do that today. I may have to take a trip to the craft store before I'm done though. I need ornament shapes to paint. Thought I had some but haven't found them yet. I can olly imagine how good those fresh eggs were. Fresh is always better !

MadSnapper said...

YAY for a return to happy campers... so glad the electric is back to normal and you know I love Rufus and that gorgeous face of his... the good thing about dogs is they love us if we give them something and love us when we don't. wish I had some good sleeping weather, we are headed to 89 today woke up to humid 76. phooey

Vee said...

Phew! So glad that things came back together with Louis Dean’s attention. And you’re very good at setting things to order yourself! Your freshly made bed sounds so cozy and comfortable. I am not a fan of flannel sheets, but I adore polar fleece. 😴

photowannabe said...

Bless you two. So glad the electrical stuff is fixed. LD is amazing at returning things to normal again.
Happy Campers is what I love to hear.
Sounds like you are feeling better and your paintings are beautiful.
Enjoy your cooling trend and feeling cozy under the covers.
Sue

Wanda said...

What a wonderful farm day, Linda. Love your layered outfit...you are just to styling to do your critter chores. I made a pot of white beans the other day. We did the same thing. Onion, but I didn't make any cornbread. The next day we made bean burritos and they were excellent.
When I see your grandogs, I miss our Molly Girl. It's been 5 months, but she still holds my heart. Our Pastor said a interesting thing about "animals in heaven". He said God was so gracious to give us animals in this life, because in a corrupt and fallen world, they would be a comfort and companion for us...however heaven is perfect...God will be our comfort and we will need nothing else. But I still tell children that Molly is having a great time in heaven.
Your painting is lovely.

Carole said...

Happy camping. New Zealand is quite quiet today - all digesting the fact that the English knocked us out of the Rugby World Cup - we were all secretly expecting a win.... 4 more years! Cheers

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That’s the best kind of sleeping! Hurray for our men who can fix anything!

Today, Sunday, is cold and raining hard in Lancaster County, PA!

It’ll be a cozy, inside kind of day!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

LD sounds like a real gem. You must be so relieved to have the heat fixed.

Those eggs are so pretty. Do the colors have to do with what kind of chicken laid them? I've often wondered what makes some eggs white, some brown, and some all those lovely colors.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Kudos to Louis Dean and you really have to admire a man who can fix nearly anything, Grenville is much the same and I too am thankful.