Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Tuesday Treasures.....and Time With Amber

Today was a very special Tuesday!


Amber and I spent some time together doing what we love to do .....


take in a movie!!
Not just any movie, either!


The Avengers Endgame!
We were at a theater that serves restaurant food so I had a fancy Chipolte Pineapple margarita and an equally fancy chicken and avocado salad while Amber tried some spicy sliders and rosemary fries.
It was SUCH a fun day!! I loved every minute!
It was such a long movie that we went straight from the theater to pick the kids up from school.
They are happy to share their leftovers from lunch with me and today I had leftovers of my lunch to share with them!

I came home before the heavy afternoon traffic, stopping in at Goodwill on my way.


I found some really cool treasures!
Once I had some clay pots but I think that was before my house burned.
Now I have another one.


I love that honeybee jar! 
What with the one Summer gave me for Mother's Day, I am getting a collection!


Louis Dean looks like he's modeling my super cute top!
I have an Italian lace jacket that will go with it perfectly!
I still haven't changed out my closet to spring and summer so I can't get to it yet.
Maybe tomorrow!
Isn't he adorable??
He spent much of the day in bed resting and napping.
He pushed hard yesterday and had to catch up on his rest today.


We sat outside under the gazebo skeleton with a glass of wine and admired the Seven Sister roses around the back pond. Louis Dean ordered them online something like 6 years ago.
They bloomed well once and then just a few blooms over the next few years. A couple of years not at all. Looks like this is going to be a good year for the roses.....and honeysuckle.
I know honeysuckle can be considered a weed but I dearly love it. 
It is the scent of summer to me.
It's growing well on the tall fence between us and Stephanie and spills over onto her side as does our trumpet vines.

Every evening I go out before dark and pull up a bag full of weeds from the flowers beds.
It's not all really weeds......mostly honeysuckle and mint. 
Keeping it away from the roses is important.
I try not to look at all the beds that need weeding and mulching and tending.
I just look at one bed at a time and move on from there.
Otherwise I just get so overwhelmed.

I close this evening's journal entry with a sad heart.
Summer's good friend, Andy, passed away late this afternoon.


Andy was a good man and Summer loved him.



Summer threw a bag together and went down to Waco to be with the family.
I'm praying for all the family and friends - and he had many.



13 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like you had a great day...until tonight. Sorry to hear of the sudden passing of a friend. One just never knows what each new day will bring, but how good to know that there are no surprises for God.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry for Summer! A few weeks ago, one of Phil's best friends died suddenly when a tree fell on him. It is so hard to believe and to deal with when it is so sudden. Summer will be a blessing to them. I love your new treasures! And the roses are beautiful.

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. Forgot to say, I love your pretty new background!

Vee said...

That is a sobering way to end a very happy day. Summer is a dear and I am glad that she can go to the family and be there for them.

God certainly has given all we need to live our lives as we yield to Him. Counting on Him!

What treasures! Your shopping trips always amaze me. What was the grand total on this trek? $7.50? I’m teasing you! 😉

Louis Dean does look cute modeling...glad that he had a day of catching up on his rest.

And that photo of you and Amber is beautiful! You are both so photogenic.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry for Summer. It is hard to lose a loved one and friend.

I am glad you got to see a movie and have such a nice time with your daughter. My grandson had to see it the first night - in the middle of the night. I haven't seen it yet.

You had a lot of nice finds - and that shirt looks good on him.

sandie

Susie said...

Linda, You and Amber look so pretty. I know Ted will want to see that movie. I just can't get into those . Tell LD not to be wearing your clothes. LOL. He's cute enough without getting all jazzy. LOL. The flowers looks so pretty, I bet they smell good too. I have enjoyed smelling all the flowering trees around here. So have the bees, they are buzzing everything. Please give Summer my condolences at the loss of her dear friend. Blessings to all of you. Love you, xoxo, Susie
p.s. Happy Mother's Day

MadSnapper said...

so sorry to hear about Andy.. God bless Summer.. the blouse is perfect with LD's jeans. ha ha… to funny. wow, did not know there are theaters where you can eat things other than popcorn/coke/candy.

Arlene G said...

I agree that honeysuckle is not a weed but the smell of summer to all southern children. We saw some on our walk last night. My grandchildren could not wait to see End Game. I am not much of a movie person but I have to say that Poms with Diane Keaton looks like a good one.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Looks like you had an early Mother's Day. I love the top. Those roses are beautiful. Hopefully it won't be longe before the new gazebo parts are back up. So sad to hear about the friend and hope Summer has a safe trip. It willll mean a lot to the family that she went. Hope you have a lovely Wenesday!

photowannabe said...

So sorry for the loss of the dear friend...
A difficult end to such a wonderful day.
You certainly find the best treasures at your Thrift stores.
I truly love LD modeling the gorgeous blouse..HaHa...
Can't wait to see it on you.
Wish we lived closer..I would love some of that mint and honeysuckle.

Carole said...

My thoughts go out to Summer at this tough time. And your top looks fab on LD. Cheers

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I’m so sorry for Summer’s loss of a dear friend. Very hard. She is sweet to go be with the family.

Glad you had a good day with Amber. That theater sounds fun! I’d love to try dinner theater!

Aloha Acres said...

I love honeysuckle! Glad we have that in common. So sorry to hear about Andy. Prayers for his family