Monday, May 27, 2019

First Pool Day of the Year!!

We had such a good time today!
I got out this morning to Goodwill and found Louis Dean a few pair of swimming trucks and some flip flops - which he calls 'motorcycle boots' for some strange reason!


We were going to the swimming pool!!!
Yesterday at church, Amber invited us to meet them at a pool in Plano.
Her dad tried to tell her he had a lot of work to do but she wasn't hearing it.
She pointed her finger and said, "YOU need to go to the swimming pool and spend some time with your grandchildren!"


So that's exactly what he did!!


They were both pleased as punch that he was there!


Here's my Kailey Girl!!
She's growing like a weed! They ALL are!
They will be 7 years old on Friday!!


Back when my kids were still at home, we had regular pool days and season passes to a water park.
I drug out my old luggage cart today and used a bungee cord to strap down the picnic basket and cooler bag. Like old times!


Louis Dean finally took off his overalls and is sporting red swimming trunks.
"You want me to get WET???" he asked.


YUP!!
It wasn't nearly as cold as he thought it would be and we did the Lazy River several times beefore we figured out how to get up to that shallow area with the loungers.


Mike spotted us and snapped these photos.
Proof that Louis Dean was having a good time!
The pool closed shortly before 6:00. We were in Plano and used my navigation app to get us home.
It took us on roads I haven't been on in a long time. Central Expressway was one of them. At times we had no idea where we were! But we didn't get lost and made it home safe and sound.

In news from the ranch.......


Sherry had a visit from her beekeeper mentor and they checked the hives together..


I am totally fascinated!


Dean was so good to take photos to share.


Hives were looking good.


They are making honey!


Busy BUSY Bees!!

We have washed our towels and suits, taken our showers and fixed us something to eat.....
now we are going to sit back and watch a movie.
This one is not a really old one, either!!


We've seen it before but it's worth seeing again!!




13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are both looking so young!! Do either of you know how to swim? What a fun day, I know how glad you are that you went!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Wonderful day. Thank you Linda for sharing happiness.
Hugs.
Joy

BeachGypsy said...

now that looks like a fun day! Perfect for this hot weather! Not sure how it was there, but we got to 100 today. I was hoping spring would hang on for a while longer.......That looks like a nice pool and he looks so cute in his overalls!! We stayed home today and worked on house projects. the bees are interesting, I dont think I've ever known anyone who does that!

Vee said...

You both looked perfectly content at the pool! My goodness! The children will be seven! I was noticing that Kailey no longer looks like a little kid. They aren’t little ones any more. It must have made them so happy to have you at the pool. I was always thrilled when my grandmother went swimming with us when I was a young’un. Have another happy day today! ☺️

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

A day at the pool DOES look like fun! It's sure hot enough to enjoy the water. Love the photo of the two of you...how precious you both are! Enjoy your day! Stay cool!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Looks like a wonderful day! I've not been swimming in such a long time. I do enjoy it and we have a pool here in our coummity but the water is too cold for me and they don't heat it so it takes a long time to warm up. Memorial Day is usually when our pools open up for the season. I planted flowers in my flower boxes. I'm behind this year.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

How on earth can the quads be almost 7!?

What a fun day! I think Louis Dean will be eager to go next time, now that’s hes had such a good experience! Those loungers in the water! I’d love it, but that lazy river looks like fun!

MadSnapper said...

what a fun day, and perfect for the holiday week end. everyone looks happy and that's a good thing. glad the navigator got you safely home.. can't believe the quads are coming up on number SEVEN

Changes in the wind said...

Having your grandbaby's still young draws you into the fun times and I know they love to have you come.

Chatty Crone said...

That looked like a place called White Water and the Lazy River Hooch - Kelly and I would go in there for hours while the others rode the slides. I can't believe that the kids are 7 - I think we wrote before they were born!

photowannabe said...

What a wonderful lazy day you had. There is nothing like being together with family and just Being!!
I love LD's red trunks...he looks pretty dapper in them.
The picture of Amber and him chatting is a real keeper. So precious.

Arlene G said...

We are just home from Grimmwood and I am commenting as I just cannot comment on my phone without a multitude of errors. I thought it was so sweet that you took Lillian out for the day. It must be hard when you have outlived your children. I know you are a blessing to her Linda. And tell LD I see why he does not wear bathing trunks very often....all the women would be all over him!! :) He is such a good sport. You girls keep him in line. Congrats on joining your church...I know you will find just the right place to serve.

The Feminine Energy said...

This entry made me smile bigger than usual, dear Linda. That picture of you and Louis Dean in the pool is priceless and so very very sweet. It has "true love" written all over it!! I'm so glad you had a good time. Love, Andrea xoxo