Friday, March 3, 2017

Update on Summer

This is the way I left Summer on Thursday night.


Amber brought her big sister a Rock Star sleeping mask and Summer is totally rocking it! She is napping which is the best thing she can do! I'm enjoying sitting by her bed watching her and knowing she is not in great pain and able to sleep peacefully!


She had sat up with her 'healing' belt on and was in good spirits earlier in the day.


She enjoyed the view from her hospital bed.


I had taken her a Sonic Route 44 Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke. When I left, it looked like she was all set for a good night's sleep.
Much like the one she had on Wednesday - the night of her surgery.
Well, that was not the case.
She had a very difficult night feeling all claustrophobic with everything that was hooked up to her.
Plus the pain was bad.

(sorry - I couldn't get the video to load!)

Amber sent a video of Logan telling her how she was praying for Aunt Summer - that her back would feel better. Summer got the video just as her spirits were low so it was a real encouragement to her.

Sabrina arrives early in the mornings and stays until the afternoon.


This morning she brought Rayne with her and that was such a blessing to Mummers - which is what she calls her mother.

I arrive in the late afternoon and stay through the evening.


 I'm sitting here watching her sleep and I'm so happy to see her resting! She had a tough night and today was not easy. They say the third day is the hardest. However, she can get up and go to the bathroom pretty much by herself. She has a hard time getting out of bed so she's spending most of the time in her recliner they have here. She will probably be comfortable in the den recliner when I bring her home which seems like it will be Monday at the earliest. 

I came prepared to spend the night, however, Summer continued to improve throughout the evening.


She has a great team of nurses tonight so I felt it was safe to come home.


Summer is also diabetic and has a few other health issues and they seem to be right on top of her meds and treatment.
Summer and I had prayer together right before I left and I am trusting God that she has a good night of rest and recovery.


Louis Dean was happy to see me drive up tonight.
Every night he has been sitting on the front porch waiting for me.

What has HE been doing the last few days??
Putting in a garden!!!
Sanford and Son really ARE moving!
I would share pictures but it's been dark when I get home and he takes me out there with a flashlight to show me what all he's accomplished!

We sat in the gazebo with a glass of wine while he told all about the tomato, pepper, cucumber, okra and all the other things he's been planting!

Tomorrow I shall start preparing the house for Summer to come home.
I think it will be Monday before this happens.
She will be in the master bedroom so I will need to prepare both bedrooms AND both bathrooms.
In other words - I have work to do!!
But for now, I am going to sip that second glass of wine and go to bed!!

Facebook


9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

OH, it did my heart so good to see the pictures of her smiling! `She sure has had a rough few days, but hopefully it will be all up hill from now on!

Kathy said...

I am so happy to hear good news about Summer. She continues to be in my prayers. I think a good dose of Rayne was just what she needed.

Glad you got to go home to sleep in your own bed. I know LD was glad to see you. He has been one busy man. I hope all your veggies grow. There's nothing better than going out to your yard to pick dinner.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a good report!

Hootin Anni said...

Louis Dean is also a trooper!! He has kept the 'home fires burning' until you returned to him.

This was a special, and GREAT report....hope she continues to improve. And love the "Rock Star" sleeping mask.

Vee said...

God bless her! Working her way through pain to a better and pain-free day is not easy. You are a good mom to be there for her and to take her home and get her back to feeling more human again. It will be just what the doctor ordered. In the meantime, Louis Dean is holding down the farm! Perfect. 👨🏼‍🌾

Susie said...

Linda, So good to see Summer sitting up. I love seeing her and Rayne together. Praying all goes well and that Summer will heal completely. LD showing you his accomplishments makes me smile...he wanted to please you. Take care of yourselves too while Summer
is with you. Blessings to all, love, xoxo, Susie

rejoyce said...

Thanking God for this good report. I have been praying for all of you "from a distance", but God has been very close. May His everlasting arms continue to guide and hold you. Sending much love.

Linda said...

So glad Summer is making good progress. I don't think I know anybody that after surgery doesn't have at least one bad night. Don't know if it's the anesthesia but suspect that may be the cause.

Penny said...

Oh poor girl. She must have felt stuck to the bed with all the equipment etc. Post surgery is tough. Sounds like her nurses are excellent. It's a long road to wellness X