Thursday, December 2, 2010

Seven Things....

Amber did a 'Seven Things' blog post today and I thought I would give it a try. The goal is to post seven things about yourself that others might not know and then pass the torch to other willing participants!

I have never done a post like this where you invite people to participate nor have I ever joined in on a blog party. Partly because I didn't know how....and partly because.......

First Thing:  I am basically very shy! I am not one to call attention to myself. The only reason I appear as outgoing as I do is to put other people at ease. Even this does not always work!

Second Thing:  I was married for 41 years before divorcing my first husband. Louis Dean and I have only been married 5 years. His first wife died...and they had been married 41 years! Happily, I might add!

Third Thing:  Even though I am considered an artist now, when I was in the 5th grade I was the worse student in art class! We were to draw Christmas cards and mine was terrible! I knew it and so did everyone else. I am amazed that I can actually paint!

Fourth Thing:  I love to snow ski! I have not done it in years but hope to experience the thrill of skiing down the slopes again someday! I have skied TWO black runs before! One was by accident and SCARY! The other was moguls that the wind had swept pretty clean so it wasn't too hard! I usually ski greens and blue runs!

Fifth Thing:   My first two children were born three years apart....a girl and a boy! 19 years LATER I had 2 more children born 3 years apart....a girl and a boy!

Sixth Thing:   I have had three joint replacements! And I am very thankful for the ability to walk without pain (at least MUCH pain!) and the fact that I am not crippled up.

Seventh Thing:  I trusted the Lord as my personal Saviour and gave Him my life when I was five years old. I KNOW people do not think children can make such a decision at such a young age.....but I DID!

That's my SEVEN THINGS! What about you? Make a post revealing seven things about yourself, then leave the link in the comments section below. Now I will go to my daughter's blog Texas Tales  and leave MY link!!

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

These are seven AMAZING facts!! I feel like I know you much better and I totally identify with #1. I'm just like you in that regard. I didn't know you were an artist. What type of painting do you do? I know you have an artistic 'eye' because your home is decorated so beautifully!!

XO,
Jane

Amber said...

Love it! All 7 things add up to one amazing woman and a fantastic mom. So glad you guys decided to give kids another go. :) Love you!

Deb said...

that was fun learning more about you..