Monday, April 11, 2016

Work! WORK! Work! TIRED! Tired! TIRED!!!

I am tired all the way to the bone tonight!! So is Louis Dean! We are SO tired, we feel sick. I have no clue why we push ourselves on so but we do. 


I  pushed as far as I could go today and brought my lap top in here to the bedroom and am writing propped up on pillows like Miss Aster! The back door is open a bit and the attic fan is on so I am loving the slight chill in the air blowing in! I'm going to be quick tonight and after my last word is written, I plan to roll over and read a bit before turning off the light and calling this day DONE!!

Mondays are usually our 'work' day when we do our projects and yard work. Last Monday we went to Lowes and bought our new gazebo. This Monday we went back to Lowes for plants, some kind of tubing for LD to run wire through and the odd and end supplies he needed.


We left Mother happily coloring in her color book!
I do believe she is enjoying her visit with us!!!


I hit the jack pot with the reduced for quick sale plants today!!!!


Louis Dean finished this deck last night. It is right behind the house and to the left of our bedroom door. He used recycled wood from the old gazebo deck.


Now I can get to my decorating closet without stepping in the mud!


Look what a difference after I cleaned the boards!!!
I use bleach - a gallon of it - and pour it straight on the dry wood. Next I sweep it with a broom and then hose it down with a power nozzle. Louis Dean was so impressed he may not replace our upper and lower decks on the west side of the house. I will just clean them!!! I tried to tell him that but he had to see it first!!
He moved the new gazebo - still in its box - to this deck and will use this space as a work area.
It's close at hand where he will be assembling the gazebo so that should make it easier than traipsing all over the place to get sections of it!


I tend to make one big meal a day and roasted veggies was on the menu!


It made a delicious late lunch and it would have been healthier if I had not drizzled bacon grease over the vegetables!! Man, it was GOOD!!!


This is where our gazebo used to be and where we will put the new one. 
LD will start building the deck in the morning. The original deck was a curved one my ex husband built in 2001. Louis Dean added a gazebo to it in 2005 and then in 2010, we bought a bigger better one when the first one collapsed because of heavy snow. He had to pour concrete to accommodate the larger size. We think the one we just purchased will fit once he gets the deck installed.  


I have been giving the side yard a good cleaning, trimming back overgrown ground cover and weed eating around the stones that forms walk ways you couldn't even see any more!


Mother sat outside a good bit this afternoon as well as this evening and watched us work.
She was excited that she finally got a possum sighting!!! The babies are really cute! The Mama Possum is out back somewhere!! Praise God SHE doesn't come in to visit like her babies do!!


We worked hard but the work is rewarding in that we enjoy our outdoor living spaces so much!!
Mother is a bit disappointed that we are too tired to sit out tonight and listen to Louis Dean sing and play. 

My friend, Megan, posted this pic on my Facebook page today!!!


Yup!! Pretty much!!!

17 comments:

shortybear said...

so much accomplished, congrats

Deb said...

Get some rest sweet friend! Can't wait to see the new Gazebo ❤️

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh I loved this post. Love your yard and ideas. I can understand the feeling of POOPED, I'm that way often after that many projects, but it is a good pooped. Can't wait to see the final stages. Carla

Vee said...

Praying that a good night's rest put you both back together. I mean, it is Tuesday and you need your strength and health. Possums are pets? Do they use a litter box? Ha!

Arlene G said...

You and Louis Dean amaze me Linda!! Yall are such hard workers. Try to rest today.

MadSnapper said...

i see a lot more work in your future days from planting the new plants to installing the deck and gazebo. i am thinking it keeps you young. i can't beleive the difference in the deck after bleaching it. wow... love the pick of your mom coloring... i am propped on pillows with laptop commenting on posts. sitting is just to much.

Debbie said...

Well I certainly know the feeling of being SOOO tired you can't hardly think, and yet feeling good because SOO much got accomplished! You and LD got soo much done, and soon you will be relaxing in your beautiful new gazebo! Can't wait to see it! Hope you slept long and hard though last night and woke up this morning refreshed and rested for a new day!

Changes in the wind said...

I am amazed at the difference in the wood after bleaching it!!

Susie said...

Linda, I know how you must have been. It's weary tired. But the results are leading to an enjoyable spot to relax in of an evening. I know you will all enjoy your gazebo once it's all done. Your dinner veggies look so good. Glad your mother is loving her time there. Blessings to you my friend, Love, xoxo,Susie

Debbie said...

the wood is so beautiful, you both amaze me, both such hard workers!!! you will be thrilled when all is done, it's going to look great!!

Linda said...

Don't think I've ever seen you this tired. I can certainly see why though. Now about this bleaching wood, not sure I understand the purpose. If you power washed the area wouldn't it be clean? After all it is outside around dirt. A good sweeping would probably meet my requirements. I can, however, see it does make a huge difference. How long will this treatment last before you need to do it again?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's great to be active and get lots done but we're the same way...we get so tired! Love the coloring book fun! Enjoy your week. Hugs, Diane

Sweet Tea said...

It will be so nice when all the work is done.
You two are worker bees.
Hope tomorrow includes a little rest for both of you.

Carole said...

Linda, I prescribe for you a day (or at least a half day) just lolling about playing games on the computer and not thinking about anything else.... recharge those batteries! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

Carol said...

Sounds like a rough day and just be thankful that you are able to do the things you do. I am glad that your mother is enjoying her visit.

Carla said...

LOL Megan knows you.. You too do need to slow down a bit

Penny said...

You surely transformed the deckimg Linda, it looks like new. X