Friday, April 8, 2016

Holding Hands and Celebrating a WONDERFUL Friday!!

Last night I was so tired when I went to bed. We were nestled under the covers when Louis Dean said, "I forgot to rub your feet!!" He insisted we get up and go back to the den where I could stretch out on the sofa and he rubbed my feet for a good 15 minutes. I went right to sleep after we got back into bed.


Then this morning I had set the alarm for the ungodly hour of 8:00!!! 
This is a NORMAL hour for most people but we are not the average!
Louis Dean brought cups of coffee to bed and we held hands as we sipped.
By 9:00 - or shortly thereafter - I was on my way to pick up Ruth Ann and we headed off to The Legacy Salon in Fort Worth to pick up Mother. We arrived a little early and I was able to get in a visit with Donna, Mother's wonderful hair dresser. Or is that stylist? Whatever she is, she is AMAZING!!


We had a really good Friday together!!!


Lunch at La Madeleine's!! Eating here is not just LUNCH!!! It's like a mini vacation to France!!!


We lingered long and ate every bite!!!
The manager there just left the Irving location and he stopped by our table several times to chat.
The patrons there are going to LOVE him!!! We sure did!


We stopped at Hobby Lobby and Mother strolled the isles before going to Deanie's for a nice visit!
I forgot to take a single picture because I was in a blissful state!!!
When we arrived, she had everything out and ready for a wonderful foot massage.
I do believe she is a real treasure!!! Pure and simple.
Deanie has been really sick for a really long time with stomach issues.
This morning she had yet another test to determine what the problem is.
And yet she came home, set out all the foot massage things and even printed off reflexology charts so Louis Dean will know how to give even better massages!!!
I bet she rubbed my feet for 30 minutes while we visited!
When I arrived, I could not walk without limping. When I left, my gait was normal!
Thank you, Deanie!!!!


We spent the late afternoon and early evening on our driveway sipping wine and snacking on a cheese and cracker plate with Ruth Ann and our neighbor, Joe. He just so happens to be a distant cousin of mine and this was the first time Mother had met him!
Irene (mother's sister) was married to P.R. Warren who was Joe's daddy's brother.
Let me tell you. it is a small, small world!!!


Mother laughed and talked and we all had such a good Friday evening!


Love the Trader Joe's cheeses!!!!


Cheers!!! It's been a long time since Mother had even a small glass of wine but we celebrated Friday together in a wonderful way!!!


Louis Dean held court - as usual!!


We celebrated lots of things today!!
The tree trimmers came today and our elm tree is now DONE!!!!
The clean up will begin tomorrow!


In the meantime.....
I watered tonight and smelled the roses and the honeysuckle.....and the mint and the rosemary.....
I have loved every minute of this wonderful day starting with the most important moment - 
holding hands with my husband!


19 comments:

Linda said...

This is a wonderful post. Nice to read about people experiencing good times. I do hope you soon find some relief for your feet. You're fortunate you have people willing to rub your feet. What's not to love about a husband that will rub your feet, hold your hand, and bring you coffee in bed. Way to go girl.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you for sharing your day today. Hugs.
Joy

Arlene G said...

I love the picture of yall holding hands...so precious.

Sweet Tea said...

Good day for good people.
Spring brings out the best in everything and everyone.

Kathy said...

I love to have my feet rubbed. Every once in awhile I can get Joe to do it for me. How very nice of LD to take care of you -- feet, coffee and hand holding. So sweet!

So glad the tree is taken care of. Have a good week with your mother.

Penny said...

Love the photograph of you and LD holding hands, that is very sweet. Glad you had a good day, hope your Mum's stay goes well X

shortybear said...

sweet post.

Susie said...

Linda, This post made me smile for all your happiness. I also felt some of your foot pain. If I walk for long periods(shopping or yard working) once I sit down...it's like my feet and ankles don't want to work as well. So my gait changes too. I loved your pics, holding hands, you and your mom, all sitting around visiting. Glad that tree is gone...so limbs will fall again. Enjoy your weekend. Blessings, xoxo, love you, Susie

Vee said...

Foot pain is the puds. I am glad that you have some folks who do foot massage. Nothing much more wonderful than a good massage and I am also glad that it helped you regain some stability. Limping is not fun. You always enjoy your days and that makes reading here very pleasant. Yay for the elm getting cleared on out of there!

Nancy Chan said...

So good to read about you and LD so loving and close to each other. So kind of LD to rub your legs before going to bed. You are so blessed, Linda! I enjoy reading about your day! Have a wonderful weekend!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

There is love all over this post. Holding hands, foot massages, visits, spending time together and enjoying one another.

Its a gift!

MadSnapper said...

i am laughing out loud, so does this mean you sleep with your camera? i have to say we drink our first cup of coffee in bed every morning and i have never taken a photo while in bed.. please do not put new ideas in my head.. i wonder if there is a spot to massge on the foot for back pain... will have to look it up.. once again you had a fab day with your family

Linda said...

You are definitely blessed to have someone to rub your feet, my husband won't even look at feet. Oh, how I'd love to be able to sit outside and visit with friends/neighbors...what fun. I agree, 8AM is an ungodly hour....I aim for 9AM. Have a goood weekdend!

Stacey said...

Oh this sounds just wonderful. We can't take for granted the little moments that make up life. :)

Nita said...

I'm so glad your day went so well, but it ended in a very nice way the night before, how sweet of Louis Dean to think about your feet, I know for a fact how much you appreciate your sweet husband.

Aloha Acres said...

I love the pic of you two holding hands. Precious.

Carol said...

So glad that you had such a beautiful Friday.

Latane Barton said...

You and Louis Dean are so cute together. That's the way it should be.

Carla said...

What a lovely day. Such a sweet picture of y'all holding hands. I can't believe y'all got out of bed for him to rub your feet. Well if you're not average neither am I. I hate getting up before 9. Lately I've been getting up by 8:30 but 9-9:30 is my fav. LOL