Wednesday, June 7, 2023

It's All About Harrison!

 I went to bed around midnight on Friday and did not wake up (other that potty trips) until nearly noon on Saturday! I must have been tired! A good night's sleep is a beautiful thing and since I have been having trouble going to sleep - I was really grateful.

My doctor and I decided I didn't need the antidepressants anymore but since it was 2:00-3:00 in the mornings before I would fall asleep - she increased my Trazadone.
I think that did the trick!


Since I slept so late, Louis Dean was beginning to get worried about me!
We skipped breakfast and went straight to lunch with BLT's - and an added fried egg for his!

We spent a good deal of Saturday afternoon working in the yard.
Thank the Lord for the mild temps so far!
It was hot and we were sweating but it was NOT in triple digits - yet!

Louis Dean has been watching - or I should say RE watching - the Jesse Stone movies.
I think he must not like them as much as I do because he asked me, "Are you enjoying THIS??"

He dearly loves any movie with John Wayne in it so I suggested we watch on that night.


Summer set us up with a Firestick and when I started searching True Grit popped right up!
Win! WIN!!
I popped popcorn and we had a nice Saturday night.


We made a late dinner from cheese, crackers, cranberry chicken salad, carrots and dip and cherries -
with a glass of wine - it was perfect!!

Sunday morning we were up early enough to enjoy some gospel music as we got ready for church!
Louis Dean has such a good time choosing music from YouTube and turning it up loud so I can hear it as I do my hair and fix my face.
Every time I tell him I need to 'fix my face' he says, "There's nothing wrong with your face!"
Then I say to him, "It breaks every night so I have to fix it every morning!"

We arrived at church just a few minutes before the Bells so we all sat together!
It was great to see them since they have been gone on their beach trip and it had been awhile!
We lingered long after the service visiting and catching up on everything!

The best thing was that Harrison came home with us!!!
We left church and drove straight to Aldi.
For some reason the kids LOVE to shop Aldi with me.
I told him he could pick out the menu for lunch, dinner and breakfast on Monday!


He chose the Chicken Fettuccine which says it cooks up in the microwave in just 8 minutes!
Harrison put it all together ....


And do it did!
$13.99 and serves 6! Not bad at all!


We also had Caesar Salad...Hawaiian rolls and for dessert.... 


Strawberry shortcake only using Brioche rolls.
SO good! 

We watched a couple of Gunsmokes and then decided to go for a walk.


We drove up to Centennial Park and took a bag of frozen peas to feed the ducks.
Except they were NOT interested! 


We ended up feeding the turtles instead!
Plus we walked the trail!


What a blessing this grandson is to me.
I remember how hard we all prayed when he was 10 days old and hanging on to life breath by breath.
I thank God he gave the doctors wisdom and they tried a last ditch new medicine and it worked.


Louis Dean had requested pork chops for dinner and sweet potatoes and baked beans.
My all orange meal!

Back when the kids were young I had two rules.
#1- You do NOT tell MeeMaw NO!
# 2- You do NOT wake MeeMaw UP!!

The rules have changed and I asked Harrison to please wake me up if he awoke before me.
Alas, I didn't ask him if I should wake HIM up if I woke first. Which I did!
I wanted every waking minute with him and fortunately he woke up shortly after I did! 

We went right to the kitchen to cook breakfast together!


He requested an omelet and he made a good one!
He put the bacon in to cook and the biscuits in the oven. 


Last of all was the hash browns!
He dearly loves them!
I fried them up and he put shredded cheese in them at the end.


A delicious breakfast and he had his hand in making all of it!
We ate while watching another Gunsmoke.....


then we were off to Shady Grove Feed Store to get birdseed, cat food, and dog treats for Cash and Kona who came home from Hunting School training.
This parrot said Hello to Harrison.
He's for sale, by the way, for $5,000!


We were excited to see the dogs after 4 months!


Amber has loved hermit crabs since she was a little girl and she has a high class set up for Speedy and Turbo!


They are so cute!
Here they are snuggled up together in a coconut shell!
Reminds me of Tabitha and Samantha. 



I'll close tonight's journal entry with this photo of me and my grand quads!
Harrison, Kailey and Logan are all taller than I and even little Trystan is gaining on me.
Happy Birthday on May 31st to these precious grands!!!
11-years-old!!





15 comments:

Trudy said...

You look great , especially surrounded by those handsome and beautiful kids! Seems like they were just infants and we were reading all about them! You are fortunate to be having such good days, lately!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday to your grandchildren! That Harrison might need that parrot! lol
The food all looks yummy...and we love John Wayne.
Happy Wednesday!
hugs
Donna

Carol said...

It sounds like you and Harrison had a great day! I can't believe how big those "babies" are. They were so young when I first came across your blog and I read about all of your adventures. I love your "rules"!

Arlene G said...

It is hard to believe these babies are so grown up now. I know you treasure these times where you can love on them one on one. Amazingly my face breaks each night too, Linda...what is up with that??:) Love visiting at your house. We are at Grimmwood this week. We are having the final estate sales for my Mother's things this weekend. Wish you lived close by as you would find some treasures at a great price.

Vee said...

Awww...you all look wonderful. It is amazing to see them pass you by with Trystan gaining all the time. You are a wonderful grandmother.

Changes in the wind said...

How inpressive Harrison is!! So glad yoou were able to spend one on one time with him.

Jan said...

Grands grow up so fast, don't they? Harrison is really something in the kitchen! Glad you had this time with him. Our oldest grandson will be 11 in August.

MadSnapper said...

all four of the Quads have grown up to be wonderful, talented, caring people, you and their parents have done a marvelous job of raising them. talented, gifted, atheletic and smart. wow. no wonder you wanted to spend as much time as you could. any man that cooks is my kind of man.

photowannabe said...

I'm with Sandra "MadSnapper" A man that's handy in the kitchen is my kind of guy.
Those Quads are wonderful and to have a special one on one time with Harrison is the best. We always tried to do that with our grands too.
The meals look delish... what a fun weekend.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my, most of them ARE taller than you! And Harrison is so handsome, and a good cook as well! I never heard of feeding frozen peas to ducks! But I know that bread is very bad for their bones. so I man try this as well. I have never known anyone with Hermit Crab pets, so cool!!

Susie said...

Yikes Linda, those quads are so tall. So cute too. Harrison is already cooking like granddad LD. I love that. It is great you can have them come spend time with you. Blessings to all, xoxo,love, Susie

16 blessings'mom said...

Aww, what a nice grandma you are, love it! Love shines through this post, there's nothing better than spending quality time with grandkids. He's a pretty good cook for eleven, so nice he can have one-on-one with you. Thank you for sharing with us, so sweet.
Della

Wanda said...

The quads are so adorable, and so are you. What a cute picture of all of you.
How fun to have some special time with Harrison. What a handsome young man, and handy in the kitchen too.

I was smiling as I read your entire post.

God is so good!!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I bet Harrison LOVED getting Grandma and Grandpa all to himself with no girls around! Looks like you had a wonderful time and I am so happy for you to have such sweet grandkids to enjoy! Loved all the pictures and story and the joy I see here. Thank you for sharing it with us. Warmed my heart right up.

Carole said...

Great to see a little man cooking. The more the merrier. Cheers