Thursday, May 5, 2022

Tuesday's Treasures!

Louis Dean was such a happy man Tuesday morning as he went over some songs he was planning to do at the jam session I found for him!


He was as excited as a little boy getting to go to his friend's house for a play date!


He's really loving this one by Bob Dylan!

I went to Dallas to do school pick up for the Bell Grands after sending him off to play music.
We met back at Amber's that evening and I asked how the music went.
"It didn't!" he answered! "The jam sessions are on THURSDAYS - not Tuesday!!"
Oops.
He is such a good sport!

When I picked the kids up from school I told them I had a destination in mind if they wanted to give it a go. 
I introduced them to Goodwill Treasure Hunting!

They had a ball!


Right inside the door is the shoe display so the girls were immediately mesmerized by all the fancy high heels! 


Trystan found the cutest pair of cropped pants plus a brand new top from Target with the tag still on it!


Harrison loves the Michigan ball cap and this comfy desk chair - for $10!
There's no room for it at their house but I bought it and will use it at my desk until he gets a desk in his room. I promised to give it back to him then!


Just look at Miss Kailey!!!
She looks like a fashion model!


And Logan looks like a model from a sports magazine in her comfy pants she found!


Since Kailey didn't get the shoes, she got the three little bear figures plus a cute easel to display her cat photos.


Logan picked this sign for her room......


as well as this cute pillow.


Harrison loves to collect stuffed animals so these are his newest finds.
Already washed and ready to snuggle!


Love the hat!

So each child found some 'Tuesday Treasures!'

I did, too!!


A Jessica Simpson denim purse....


Three Christmas mugs made in Italy....
I'll put these away in my Christmas storage house and will be so happy to see them come the holidays because I will have forgotten all about them by then!


I'm crazy about sunflowers and this is a really nice pillow!
Last week I bought 3 Pfaltzgraff Evening Sun bowls.....and now I have the fourth!
I had a feeling it might be there!

We had the best time shopping for treasures before coming home and doing the evening routine! I didn't get pictures of it but Amber prepared a delicious dinner of tilapia, scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans and watermelon. She plans her menus and typically prepares three meals a day (school lunches for the kids) and sometimes it's seven days a week!
Tuesday she rested while I did the school run and shopping with the kids so she felt up to making dinner and it was so good!

I have another extra special Tuesday Treasure this week!


I received a package from my friend in Canada - also named Linda Chapman.
We've been Facebook Friends for at least 15 years!
Linda is a fascinating lady and has traveled the world over doing all kinds of amazing things and always with a very special companion.....


Kermit the Frog!!!


Linda is a gifted scrapbook artist and she made a special book for me last week - titled
'Linda's Loves.'
Family Fun Together
I absolutely teared up when I opened it.


First page.....Louis Dean was standing right beside me as we marveled at every page.
So many tiny perfect details.


I especially love this page.....see that little redribbon on the right side?


You pull it out to see this!!!
How clever!


Actually, EVERY page is my FAVORITE one!
How perfect!!!


She got the pictures from my Facebook pages.....


And they could not have been better chosen!


There's my 'new' brother!!


Another super special page- the quads as tiny babies.....


and now as the big kids they are!


We got to this one and Louis Dean said, "Wow! She makes us look GOOD!"


I was touched by the back cover......my mother and I.
If we had been filmed while looking at this precious keepsake, it would have made you think of a Hallmark Commercial - only better!!!

So on the way home from our Goodwill hunting trip, I told the kids about another Treasure and they tried to guess what it was. That was fun. I gave them a few clues and told them THEY were a part of it. 



I shared it first with Kailey and she was so impressed!!!
She noticed every single little detail and immediately said, "Look at all the creative things she did and - did she make this recently? because it looks like it!"
I told her that Linda had made it just last week!

So, Linda, Kailey wanted to send you a message......


To the 'other' Linda Chapman -
Thank you so much for the love you shared in gifting me this priceless treasure! We are all so looking forward to your visit to Texas! Since you have traveled to nearly every country in the world - I would like to say that Texas was its own independent country from 1836-1845!
We can't wait to meet you in person!




11 comments:

MadSnapper said...

this might be my most favorite of your posts. everything on it is interesting and funny and fun. i can't even decide what I like best. the scrap book is AMAZING.. I can say the part i laughed the most at was the wrong night for music. poor LD

Hootin Anni said...

Wow Linda! The scrapbook would've had me viewing thru tears of joy!!! And to have another Linda Chapman who is as giving as you are makes the world a beautiful place

Enjoyed the thrifting with your grands.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful gift! It will be a family treasure and keepsake for sure. How fun introducing the kids to Goodwill! I'm glad each of you got such nice things!

Vee said...

That is a wonderfully thoughtful and creative gift. And the thank you was sweet and lovely, too. The other Linda Chapman will be as moved as you were to receive it.

Brenda said...

Love it…wrong day for music…Hilarious…I keep a planner beside my journal in eating area lol

Carole said...

Kailey is so photogenic! Lovely treasures. Cheers

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a lovely gift from the "other" Linda Chapman. It is always so much fun to treasure hunt at Goodwill. Have a great weekend. :-)

Changes in the wind said...

I think you started a new tradition "treasure hunting" with the quads and didn't they find some good things. The gift from you friend is just amazing. Know you will cherish it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to have such a special friend! And what a thoughtful sweet gift. You sure had fun with the grands! I wanna come too! lol Happy Mother's day to you my friend!

Rajani Rehana said...

Lovely blog

photowannabe said...

Love the video of your precious Kailey...a true prize winner.
Even on your quietest days you are far busier that I ever am.
Onlly 2 weeks until our Granddaughter's wedding. Things are really getting exciting.
Younger son and family will be staying at our house so there is lots to do.
You do such a great job on refreshing your home..I hope I can do half as much in prep as you do.
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com