Monday, May 9, 2022

Mother's Day 2022

 I am so very grateful God allowed me to be a mother.

My first two children were born in my youth and the second two in my old age.
When Summer was born in October of 1963, I had just turned 15 a month earlier.
By the time Jesse was born three years later, it was two months after my 18th birthday.

I tried to get pregnant for 5 years before Amber was born when I was 36 - thanks to the infertility medication Clomid. I took it again to get pregnant with Benjamin and he was born in August - one month shy of my 40th birthday.

My older children say that they were born under the law while the younger ones were born under grace and there may be some truth in that!
I was a much stricter mother with the first two - most likely because I was so very young.
By the time I had the younger ones, I was more relaxed - I knew I was the adult.

All four of my children have grown up to be fine people of good character and all four are Christians, having accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior while they were still young. I accepted Christ when I was 5 or 6 years old and I thank God for being saved at an early age.

While my children are such amazing people - each one totally and uniquely their very own self and unlike each other in traits, temperament, gifts and calling - I take no credit for that.
They grew up well in spite of me and not because of me as I made so many serious mistakes.

That was what the sermon on Mother's Day was about and I could totally relate.

It was wonderful to wake up Sunday with my son in the house.
I am loving him being here!

This is the very first time I have had the opportunity to 'be there' for him - all though he has 'been there' for me many times through the years.

Here are just a few of many times he's helped me out......

2004 was the year I divorced and was working at State Farm counting every single penny and squeezing every single dollar to make it go as far as possible.
I was driving a big older Chevy van (I loved that vehicle!) when on a Friday after work as I was heading over to Fort Worth  to spend the night with my mother, the rear end went out on it. I was at Rochelle and William Brewster and managed to drive it to the Texaco at Finley and Story where the mechanics there had done some transmission work on it not long before that.
Instead of going to Fort Worth, I walked over to the 7-11 and bought a Diet Coke and a newspaper and sat on a curb and called my mother before walking home.
I had no idea what to do. It would take over $1,000 to fix the van and I had no money.
When Jesse found out about my situation, he told me he would pay for it with his income tax refund.

Back in 2009 Louis Dean had a heart attack and couldn't finish some masonry work he had started. Jesse came right over and did the job.

Just last year -  Louis Dean was taking up the deck and digging down to the sewer - because my kitchen sink was stopped up??
I was hysterical and called Jesse and he came right over!
He was so calm and I remember him telling Louis Dean that he would help him dig, but what was he going to do when he got down to the sewer? He calmly and gently handled things and a plumber was called that came either that very day or the next.

Jesse is who you want to be with when there's a crisis.....and it just now dawns on me that is exactly what his job is!!
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Manager - 

also called IT Governance and Risk Program Manager -

also called Crisis Response Manager!!

This is what he does and he is so good at it!




Sunday morning he made me two very good cups of coffee!
Jesse is a coffee connoisseur and he makes coffee in a number of ways - and none of them include using a Mr. Coffee! 


He made this cup of coffee using a Moka Pot.
Every home in Italy has one of these.


It made for a delicious cup of coffee!




Louis Dean had been up until the wee hours of Sunday morning working on his music so he opted to stay home and Jesse and I met up with the Bells at Fellowship Church.

Pastor Lisa Young brought the message and it made me so proud of the way my daughters are doing motherhood! I saw Trystan, Logan and Kailey smile and look at their mommy affirming their mommy does things right!!

We also had a special lady do a special song that was so GOOD!!!
I don't have a video of her but this is one I found on You Tube......


It's SO good and it's SO true!!


I came home, changed clothes lit my candle, and crawled back into bed to sip my tea, read the newspaper and smell the roses! The bouquet is made from four flowers the grand quads gave me at church and I used filler from my garden to round it out.


and the sweet cards my children and grandchildren gave me.

I have a small collection of Mother's Day books my daughters have given me.


This one is from Amber in a special handcrafted little booklet you close by wrapping a ribbon around it. I think she gave this to me in 2005.


These are some of her memories.......


Amber was a synchronized swimmer.....




I re-read this every year around Mother's Day.





And I read the books Summer has given me.
This is her latest one and is from this year.


Mother's Day 2018 


Lillian last year....


I love this clever photo Jesse made using one of his apps.
I'm using it for my Facebook profile!!

It was a very good Mother's Day!
I spoke to Summer and Benjamin on the phone and was with Jesse and Amber.


I thank the Lord he allowed me to be the Mother of these beautiful people.....
Summer Dee Davis
Jesse Lee Davis
Amber Lynn Bell
&
Benjamin Lee Davis

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are SO SO very blessed!! You must have done something right (like being a wise and wonderful Mom) because your children have all turned out so awesome!! So even if you could change something in the past, you should not, or it would change the way they turned out.

Hootin Anni said...

You are truly blessed!!

Brenda said...

Fun day…I took Clomid also…my miracles…

Estelle's said...

This looks and sounds like a lovely day Linda....you have been quite an inspiration to your children and an amazing Mother....thank you for always sharing your family and your heart!

Arlene G said...

So glad you had a great day Linda.!

Deanna Rabe said...

Ah Friend, I love this post.

We all make mistakes in our motherhood. The kids don't come with instruction manuals.

I love all your photos, and seeing the notes from your girls.

Changes in the wind said...

Would have loved to taste that special cup of coffee and loved the "came to the rescue" stories. Glad you had such a special Mother's day, you are blessed. How sweet to get a rose from each of the grands.

Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vee said...

Trying again...

An uplifting post and one that honors motherhood and those who made you a mom. It really is wonderful to have someone to call in a pinch.( I recently had to call my son at work. My grands told me that he wouldn't leave work to help. They were wrong. ☺️)

MadSnapper said...

all of this adds up to the perfect mothers day! you are blessed and so were your 4 children.. love the pic of all of you at church and the app thing Jesse did is lovely. I want that app... the quads are just so grown up it is hard to believe. What a blessing Jesse has been to you and LD... wish I was a good crisis manager, maybe you could rent Jesse out. LOL.. the books from Summer and Amber are heart touchers

photowannabe said...

This is so touching and beautiful Linda...you are truly blessed.
Pain and difficulties have only refined the Godly woman you are.
Your son Jesse is handsome and so kind to you. Thank you for sharing who you are.
Love you
Sue

Carole said...

Well done, Mom! Lovely post. Cheers