Monday, May 11, 2020

Summer Smiles after Surgery!

Bless our hearts!!
Today was Summer's surgery and we have been known to show up for her doctor appointments at the wrong location before and at the wrong times on occasion. The email reminder Summer forwarded to me said 10:15. However, just as we were about to leave for the surgical center they called. Apparently the SURGERY was scheduled at 10:15. Summer was to have been there at 9:15! Oops!


They did the surgery anyway! Praise God!

Summer found this card not long ago and bought it for herself.



I believe with all my heart this is the beginning of a wonderful journey towards health and life for Summer. My prayer for her has long been that 'God will restore the years the locusts have eaten.'


While Summer was in surgery (no one else allowed inside) I went to a park on Lake Ray Hubbard and did some walking and praying. I felt a connection with this mama duck as she was hovering over her babies. No matter that Summer is 55 years old. She's still my baby.


Such a beautiful place!


I think getting out in nature restores our souls and brings us more into harmony with God's plans for us. After all these months and even years of pain, frustration and confusion - at last all the barriers were gone and everything moved along smoothly. God's timing is always perfect!


Amber, Mike and the kids made this poster for Summer.
This is a post op pic.
We meant to take it this morning but we were flying out of here to get her to the hospital in time!

We were back in Rowlett by 2:00 or so and she ate a little something and went right to sleep.
I picked up her prescription while she slept and then we got her all packed up and loaded her things in the car and we were home here in Irving by 8:00. Before DARK!!
I got her all situated in the guest room where she will stay for a week and a day.
She's not to bend, lift or twist for 6-8 weeks!
It's very important so that the scar tissue will grown over the implant that is roughly the size of an oreo. Maybe one with double stuff, the doctor said.
We are all feeling really grateful for and humbled by all the prayers y'all have prayed for Summer.




22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

AWwwww, I am just so happy for both of you!!! I know this will be the beginning of the best part of her life. I love that picture you took of the sun dappling the water.

Bluebird49 said...

Sounds like me with the wrong time, wrong place! Well, once anyway. I very seldom drive now.
Our Sherry would have turned 54 this October 1, had she lived. I know she and Summer could have been friends!

Summer has a beautiful smile. 😻

Girlfriend , I hope you can rest up and maybe paint some. If you are like me, you need some time to yourself once in awhile. (Not something I've had much of this past 3 months or so, and now Ed has done something to his thigh muscle.) We have to get it sorted out, because hopefully people can start going again! 😷😎 If I can just have an hour or two a week completely alone, I can survive much better, but I do hesitate to say it, because I'm so fortunate to still have my husband! 💕
Be well, kiddo!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Oh Linda, such wonderful news.
Hugs for your and Hugs for Summer.
Joy

Cheech said...

I love Summers smile. How blessed she is to have a momma like you. May she heal quickly! Renee

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a lovely place to wait and pray! I’m so thankful Summer has been able to get this device implanted! Hopeful that it will help her pain!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm keeping her in my prayers. I'm so glad you are there to help her through this hard time. Take care of yourself too my friend. Sweet hugs!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank the dear Lord for His many blessings. So thankful everything went well and hope for a speedy recovery.

Vee said...

So glad that Summer is with you folks as I know that her mother is going to take good care of her. She has a beautiful smile and may she keep right on smiling for good reason. Praying for ongoing healing.

Changes in the wind said...

Wonderful news! So happy all went well and she is home with you.

Donna said...

Praying that this surgery will be just what Summer needs to recover those "locust" years! She always has such a beautiful smile, even tho I'm sure she was in lots of pain. I will continue to pray that she will get through her recovery and be ready to fly! And you are right, she will always be your baby. xoxo

Arlene G said...

So glad that all went well. Praying for healing for Summer.

Kathy said...

I've been praying for Summer and am so glad everything went so well. She is such a sweet girl and I have enjoyed getting to know her on Facebook. Thanks for the update. Love the park you waited in.

MadSnapper said...

so happy to read this. prayers the scar tissue grows perfectly and the pain goes away and stays away and for all of you to get through safely the next 6 to 8 weeks.

photowannabe said...

Wonderful news that Summer has had her surgery and is now home with you.
That's the absolute best place for her.
Prayers continuing for a full recovery and a new life will be right around the corner.
Sue

Wanda said...

Such good news about Summer. You named her well, as she brightens up every post you put her on. What an inspiration.

Thanks for taking time to visit my post and commenting...Love you.

Carole said...

Gresat news!

Saimi said...

What wonderful news, Summer is wearing a beautiful smile and it's nice that she's in the loving care of her mama!! What a sweet picture of mama duck and her baby ducklings. A mama's job is never done.

Art and Sand said...

She will do great with you pampering her.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Linda, Thanks for the update and good news about Summer's surgery. Hope that her post-op recovery goew well and she will certainly have such loving care from you. And, you are right in saying that no matter what the age, she is still your child.

LC said...

What a beautiful smile. And you are right about nature calming and healing. Prayers continue!

Carla said...

Great start on your post. That smile is beautiful. I sure hope this surgery does the trick.
Hugs to you both.

BeachGypsy said...

I stopped in a day or two ago to see how it all went for Summer, but didn't leave a comment. Hope she is recovering nicely!! She looks great! Love the picture of her with the big bright pretty card, she looks so happy. GET WELL SOON SUMMER!!