Thursday, May 14, 2020

Blessings of Tuesday and Wednesday

Every day is a blessing in one way or another.
It was a blessing to wake up early Tuesday morning knowing Summer was back in her old room.
There's a special blessing in having a child at home.
I can't even remember when either one of my sons spent the night here. I guess they haven't since the time they left home. My daughters, on the other hand, have and I am so very grateful.
No, wait! 
Christmas 2012! 
We were living in our camper at Katy, Texas. 
We were there to help Amber with the babies.
Summer and Benjamin drove down after Christmas to be with us.


And I remember the joy I felt when I woke up knowing they were there.
Sweet memories!


One of my Tuesday Blessings was a routine check up with Dr. Suma Abraham.
It was an in office visit and I was impressed with all the safety precautions they have in place.
Only one person in the elevator at a time.
As soon as I stepped off, someone was right there to take my temperature.
There was a table with a preliminary sign in before I was allowed to go into the waiting room where there were only 3 other patients. I was there less than 3 minutes before being called back.
All my vitals were good and everything looks fine for another year.
Of course, I am still waiting for the results from my bloodwork but I am pretty confident all will be good.


I left the house at 8:40 and returned at 9:39!
Not bad!!! Of course I don't live far from the medical offices by the hospital!
To celebrate, I made us all a BLT breakfast! Bacon. Lettuce and Tomato + avocado!
This was in honor of Summer's post op instructions - 
no Bending, Lifting, or Twisting! BLT!
I had Southern Pecan coffee and a Mimosa - just because!
I drank from my Texas State coffee mug - Amber's Alma Mater - while wearing my maroon Texas State Mom t-shirt!


After Louis Dean and I ate our 'brunch' we toured our gardens.....
The lillies are all blooming!


The vegetable and herb gardens are looking good!


The trumpet vines are blooming!

Summer is doing well in her recovery thus far.
She sleeps when she can and gets up for a bit. I'm making healthy meals but nothing too heavy.
So far - so good and I am encouraged. It's so good to have her here with me!

I am back to cleaning house like a mad woman!


Nothing stays clean forever so it's a constant thing to keep up.
Especially with this pandemic going on.
One can't be too careful these days so I am doing my part in keeping our house as clean as possible!


While I'm not going stark raving crazy about it - I am wiping each room down - one room a day - and fluffing up as I go. I changed the tablecloths in the den and cleaned the ashes out of the fireplace.
I even took the firesccreen outside and will wash it down good before putting it back.
If I am honest - and I am - part of me is already looking forward to the first fire of the fall season.
Now y'all already KNOW it is my favorite season!


I decorated the perpetual tree in the den with a bird theme.
I didn't really decorate for Easter this year so I was happy to use all the bird eggs and nests in the tree.


We have baby birds outside in our bird houses along the den windows.


I love my egg collection.....


and these tiny birdhouses I painted way back in the 90's.


Home sweet home!

Can you believe the Bell quads will be 8 years old on May 31st???
Amber asked that the kids all receive individual gifts as opposed to group ones.
Last year was perfect as we gave them pool memberships for the summer knowing how much they ALL love spending time in the sun and water!


Well, Louis Dean already had Kailey's gift in mind!
A Little Martin guitar! Just her size and just PERFECT!
It arrived Tuesday afternoon after he ordered it on Sunday.
We are LOVING Amazon Prime!

I will show and tell about the other gifts for Trystan, Harrison and Logan as they arrive.


We tend to eat two meals a day.
This morning we all had cereal and fruit and for a late lunch or early supper we had beans, rice and sausage.


Dessert was cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries and Cool Whip.
See the candle burning in the background?


Amber gave me the coolest lighter!
It's a rechargeable one using a USB cord.
I LOVE it!!

Today's To-Do list:
Sew Masks - I made two!
Yardwork - I cleaned out around the rose bushes in the front bed.
Then we saw Ilene out walking - our neighbor from two streets over - and all of a sudden we saw an opportunity to have a safe social visit right there on the driveway!
Amazing how important personal visits are!


Third on my To-Do list?
Clean the kitchen!
Never mind it was nearly 8:30 and Louis Dean foolishly thought I was done for the day.
Nope! I sent him in to watch TV while I did the kitchen.
It's easier to clean since it was all deep cleaned back in February and March.
The kitchen table changed from a coffee theme to a wine one.
Coffee was pefect for the winter and wine is a natural for spring and going into summer.


It's late but Louis Dean and I are going to enjoy a glass before we go to bed.
Remember - we are retired and can sleep in!
One of the perks of age!

14 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Oh, Linda, only you would have thought of the BLT... in regards to Summer's surgery. And, for breakfast! I love it. Hope Summer continues to improve and I just know you are loving having her at home.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you are remembering to take good care of yourself too as well as taking care of others. It is good to have our children come home and spend time with us. Very cute with the BLT to celebrate no bending, lifting or twisting. Your flowers look wonderful I'm going to plant flours in the boxes on the carport today. We are finally warm enough to do wo without the fear of frost or freezing. It took a while but warm weather has finally come to Ohio. I issn'r wcwn hCw ro fo our shopping for the, they were Mother's Day gifts Your house is really clean and today and ready for company there.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry for all the typos, I should post this comment all over again. I meant to say with all the cleaning you've done there, your house is nice and clean and tidy and ready for company there.

Vee said...

Now I want a BLT. I haven't had bacon since February. I need some.

So glad that Summer is getting her rest as well as nutritious food and good company. I knew that her mother would take good care of her.

What a great gift for Kailey. I imagine that it takes some thought to individual gifts. No, I can NOT believe that the Quads will be eight already, Do the years ever fly by!

A happy day to all...

Tina said...

Thank you for posting about your doctor's visit and all the precautions they have in place! My mother has pre-existing conditions and was worried about her upcoming doctor visits and the waiting rooms etc... I was happy to read about your experience and told her about it to put her mind at ease! That BLT looks so delicious -- there isn't anything a little bacon can't cure! Glad Summer is doing well and you are taking good care of her! Louis Dean looks so happy about that guitar! She will love it! Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

The Feminine Energy said...

I'm so happy Summer has her surgery behind her & is with her Mama & getting better. May her healing go as expected and swiftly. She is in my prayers!

We keep ourselves busy, don't we, my friend. As long as we have our humble homes, we will find things that need doing.

It sounds like your doctor has everything under good control, at the office. My doctor is still only doing telephone appointments, unfortunately. I'm expecting him to be open soon tho. I have an appt on June 2nd.

Love, Andrea xoxo

MadSnapper said...

good news from Summer, so happy for her. love the sibling sleep over pic. my brother never slept in mothers home after he married, after I moved here I went home for overnight visits, sevral times a year for the five years mother lived. i don't think sleep over with parents is a guy thing.. although my brothers son does sleep over at their house when he gets sick and wants him mama. your family room is my favorite room to. it is so bright and cheery and cozy... i love the lights you put by the fireplace this time

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your egg tree!! Clicked on it to study it close-up. your art talent really shows on it. I think I may have just as many eggs, but never attempted a tree this large. Can't wait to see the gifts for the other Quads. will they have a virtual party? Your garden is gorgeous!! OH, these tall beautiful yellow lilies!

Bluebird49 said...

Wow, I so hope Summer's pain will be managed now. I know you are glad to have Dr home. I see a lot of movies in your future! 😍
Everything around your house looks sweet and it always looks so inviting. I don't know where your energy comes from but I wish you could send some of it to VA! 😳 You are a little dynamo.
Ed has pulled a muscle in his thigh and is mighty slow. Please mention him in your prayers.💕🙏
Enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You DO work a lot into each day! I'm glad Summer is able to rest and I know you are happy to have her there. Take care! Hugs to you and L. D. both!

Deanna Rabe said...

I’ve never thought to do BLT’s for breakfast but it’s perfect! And I love adding avocado!

Glad Summer is resting and spending her recovery with you and LD. Much more cheering than being alone!

Carol said...

I am so thankful that Summer is doing good and resting at home with you. I know that you will take good care of her as well. I am glad that you did not encounter too many at the doctor's office and it sounds as though you and LD have done well with surviving this pandemic.

photowannabe said...

You sound so happy and content now with your sweet Summer in your home.
I love how you decorate and the egg tree is wonderful.
I am looking forward to seeing what all the quads are getting for their birthday.
Enjoy your day and time sipping the wine.
Sue

jujupage1 said...

I have a re-chargeable lighter for my candles too. It makes things so much easier! 😂💜