Thursday, May 14, 2020

First Gecko Sighting in the Gazebo and other Thursday Things

Louis Dean is the winner this year!
I have seen geckos in the house and in the gardens but the prize goes to the one who sees the first gecko in the gazebo!


Louis Dean and I have spent countless hours watching these clever critters stalk for flies and moths and other insects. It's not unusual to hear Louis Dean call out to me that I was about to miss seeing one of our geckos capture its prey. Exciting times here, I'm telling you!



I had another doctor appointment today - with Dr. Steven Sanders who did my knee replacement. Actually he did BOTH my knee replacements.
Once again, it was an hour from the time I left home to when I returned and that included a trip to the post office! My knee is great and I could not be happier about that!
I told Dr. Sanders about getting lost on the ranch and how I never once thought about my knees!
Getting lost was a problem but walking was NOT!
And he was happy to get a jar of my honey!

I am so thankful for the good doctors in my life.

Dr. Suma Abraham - my primary care doctor. I have been seeing her shortly after she started her practice here in Irving. She has been with me through thick and thin. She's seen me through years of no insurance and made sure I had excellent care. She helped me cope with severe depression in the years before I finally bit the bullet and divorced. Dr. Abraham has rejoiced with me in my marriage to Louis Dean and just asked me on Tuesday, "Are you happy?"


Then there's Dr. Crawford who did both of my big toe surgeries which involved extensive reconstructions. I am so thankful for those surgeries!


And then there is Dr. Keith Bloom!
I know you should not have favorites but IF I did - Dr. Bloom would be mine!
He is my urologist and I cannot tell you what a difference he has made in my quality of life.
In truth, ALL my doctors have made my life so much better and I am so very grateful!

Now on to the things I can do thanks to these good doctors!


Louis Dean and I have been going out in the front yard and working in the flower bed up by the bedroom windows every late afternoon.
As much as I love honeysuckle, that vine had twisted itself all up until it was on the roof!
We made the decision to take it down......


and it was easier to do than to try and trim it back!
I have decided to dig up ALL the honeysuckle in that flower bed next year and take it to the ranch.
I'm thinking of replacing it with rose bushes - Louis Dean dearly loves roses.


We had a steak dinner tonight with a salad using some of our garden green onions and banana peppers!


It was delicious!
Both Louis Dean and Summer need protein!

Speaking of Summer - she continues to recover although today and yesterday were both a bit challenging. The pain has been manageable until today. The pain meds are so strong she hesitates to take them but had no choice today. It was a low blow when the fibromyalgia kicked in and her hands swelled and hurt so bad she couldn't lift a container of milk to pour over her cereal this morning.
Her spirit is good and her faith is strong. But it's still been a rough day.

Time is flying by!


This pic came up on my Facebook Memories from 13 years ago!
I flew down to Houston to attend a Wine and Roses Gala with Amber.
Good memories!!


Then this wonderful memory came up from 6 years ago!
The 'babies' were just two years old!
They will be 8 in 17 days.
I can't wrap my head around that!
I must have blinked.


12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Did you manage to get rid of all the Honeysuckle? I love the smell, and a couple Christmases ago I asked for some Honeysuckle scented lotion. I didn't know it is almost impossible to find in the stores. But I got bottles of two different brands, and am using it very sparingly. Takes me back to my childhood. Why isn't the implant helping Summer's pain? Does it not help the pain from Fibro? I think I can fall asleep trying to think of the list of all my doctors!

Kathy said...

It sounds as if you have a good medical team helping you. That's a good thing! Sorry to hear that Summer is in so much pain. I can understand because my pain has been bad lately. Tell her I am still praying for her. Your meal looked so good. If I lived closer, I would be visiting around dinner time. ;)

It is hard to believe that the quads are going to be 8 already. Every picture I see of them they look so grown up. Time flies so quickly.

Beyda'nın Kitaplığı said...

Kertenkele çok korkarım.

Cheech said...

You have been blessed.I continue to heal and I look forward to the day I can work in the yard!

Vee said...

The Lord has been leading all along the way... What a blessing to look back and see the journey knowing that good things are going to keep right on coming. Now I've never met a doctor I liked...ha! That's the difference between you and me. You're open and welcoming and I am irritable and cranky. I am sorry for Summer's pain...praying for answers fo that fibro flare and for it to just go away.

Lovely photos you have shared. I especially like the one of the two-year olds at the picnic table.

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh my gosh, you're not at the ranch anymore? I must have misunderstood. I thought you were going there for safety from the virus and would be there for awhile. Please stay safe if you're back in town. I know you were so worried about that. Love, Andrea XOXO

MadSnapper said...

you need to remove comment by vivA IT IS SPAM and if you are not getting comments on this post it is because it is covering up the place to comment. i had to scroll forever to find where to type... bob and I watch and love and talk to our lizards every single day. we have names and favorites

photowannabe said...

You really have wonderful doctors and I can see that they have made a change in your life.
I'm sorry Summer is having a rough time and will continue to pray for the pain relief and healing. I'm sure glad she is with you.
Honeysuckle, though deliciously fragrant can be a real pain. It thinks it owns the whole place. The ranch is the perfect spot for it.
Roses for your Dear LD is the answer.
Now you are making me hungry for a good steak dinner...maybe tonight?
Sue

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are blessed to have so many good doctors. When my old primary care physician retired, I couldn't find a good replacement and still do not have one. Good doctors are hard to find. Sorry to hear Summer had some bad days there but healing has yet to happen. Hopefully soon she'll be feeling much better! It's nice to see you can enjoy things grown in you r garden. It just finally warmed here encogh so that we an start planting.

I

LC said...

Am a bit envious of that there seems to be little turnover in your physicians. In the past 5 years I have had 3 different primary care physicians. And my current one is pregnant. Am praying for Summer. How challenging to have the fibromyalgia flare up in the midst of surgery recovery. A wonderful and talented graphic artist who worked with me battled fibromyalgia. The myriad effects were daunting, the medications often with side effects and the reactions of some supervisors and co-workers discouraging. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Carole said...

Great doctors! Off to make a salami and olive 'pizza' for lunch now. Cheers

jujupage1 said...

I love it how you praise all your amazing doctors. I'm sure that they truly made yours and other people's lives a whole lot better! 💜