Monday, July 23, 2018

Short and Sweet!

That's what my hair cut is and tonight's journal entry as well!

Since it was after 3:00 this morning when we got home and close to 4:30 when I finally went to sleep, it was nearly noon when I woke up! Today was Rest and Recovery mode.
We had coffee and our Bible reading plus our books and took our leisurely time about it.
I toasted some blueberry muffins and served them with cream cheese and a bowl of applesauce and that passed for breakfast and/or lunch.


Then I drove myself up to see my all time favorite hair stylist, Yulisa, in a hot car with all the windows down and no AC!
"I need a haircut that looks good wet!" I told her.
She worked her magic as she always does!


I noticed that I am now nearly totally gray....or white.
Only a little bit of natural color remains at the back.
What is it about a fresh haircut that makes you feel so much better about everything??


I look a little tired because I am.
However, I felt better as the day wore on.
From Yulisa, I went next door to Lovely Nails and had a wonderful relaxing pedicure.
Then I got in the car and - wonders of wonders!!! - the AC started working!

I spent the rest of the day watching Fixer Upper episodes back to back and cleaning the den, doing laundry and watering. We made a good decision to come home last night.
Waco hit an all time record high today at 5:00 - 114 degrees!
There's been some cloud cover today but we couldn't get out of the house to water until about 8:30 this evening.

I have turned my attention to other things......as in sewing a denim crib quilt for a new baby girl with the delightful name of Charleigh! She is the daughter of my cousin and now former neighbor, Joe.
They have moved to Waco - great place - so I will take it down to them this fall. But I need to get to work on it big time. I have sewn several strips of denim squares and have several more to go.


Plus I printed out and organized the travel information for our upcoming Alaskan cruise.
We set sail in just 47 short days from now.


Thanks to my niece, Leah, who happens to be going on an Alaskan Cruise with her husband at the very same time we are - just different ships - I have a whole notebook and luggage tag holders, all sorts of good things and a magnet for our stateroom door.

I still have a few arrangements to make - as in transportation from the hotel to the pier and then from the pier to a rental car company since we are driving the scenic route back home!
We need to do a ball park kind of plan as to our route home by way of Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado! We have friends to visit and places to see and we are getting so excited!!

It's only 10:15 but I'm calling this day done!
Other housework will still be there when I wake up in the morning!!


I'm turning my sound machine to the Ocean Waves setting.......



20 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I have other friends doing an Alaskan cruise in September as well! I know you’ll have an amazing time!

Your hair looks great! You look tired but no wonder driving home overnight! I would have done the same thing! Record high temps! You’re smart to stay close to home until your temperatures moderate!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have friends who are on their Alaskan cruise right now! They have been posting amazing photos on Facebook! How long will you be gone? Your hair always looks blonde to me!! No matter what color it is, you are always so pretty and stylish. I love your white & turquoise outfit!

Bluebird49 said...

I'm glad you're getting much needed rest! I know the cruise will be awesome. :)

Kathy said...

It was such a good idea to come home when you did. Your hair looks so cute. I wish I could pull off a short cut, but I always look stupid in it.

How wonderful that you are doing an Alaskan cruise. Joe went on one before I knew him. He said it was amazing. I know you will enjoy it. Hope you are going to post pictures to show us.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love your new hairstyle...I need something to keep me cool. Ponytails all the time. But always frizz! Hot here as well, but tons of humidity, too. Its serendipity that your car a/c started working. Pampering helps a lot!



Stay cool!

Jane

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Dream and sleep well Linda.
Hugs.
Joy

Vee said...

🌿For a weary gal, you sure look cute as a button. I am glad that you made the decision to be home while this heat wave is in force. So much fun and excitement to look forward to! Enjoy the planning until you are happily doing. Just the thought of Alaska right now must put smiles on your faces. 😁

Susie said...

Linda, You look so cute. I love the new do. Your cruise sounds so good. I know you are going to love it. So is LD. OMG, so glad you are not at the ranch in that dreadful heat. That is scary hot. I want to enjoy every day of this summer...but it is getting harder to do. Staying in is not as much fun and being outside. I did pulled weeds and trim things back yesterday. We went to Wal-mart for a few things....then straight back home. :) Blessings to you and LD, stay cool and get your rest. xoxo,love, Susie

mxtodis123 said...

I love your new haircut. It really looks good on you. And now for some much needed rest.

Arlene G said...

Yikes it is HOT in Waco so I will not complain about the heat here. Actually this week has been in the 80s and I will take that any day for July. You look lovely and a pedicure always lifts my spirits. I am off to get my hair trimmed and styled this morning. Another fun activity. I look forward to traveling with yall to Alaska via my arm chair. It sounds like a fun trip.

MadSnapper said...

you look so cute, your haircut is perfect... I love it when I get mine cut. I always feel so much better... glad you got your rest and made the right decision to be home in the cool house for that high temp...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your hair cut looks great and so do you ! I hope you are much refreshed today and recouped from the heat. We here have been some cooler with a lot of rain. I can't complain at all. While I don't like our Ohio winters are summers are not as bad as yours are. Don't try and do too much just yet. Relax and enjoy your home.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so much fun to plan for a big trip like that. You'll really have an amazing time! LOVE your haircut! I think we look like twins now! heehee! Hugs!

Brenda said...

Love your blog and love Texas

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

BeachGypsy said...

Howdy there my friend, I LOVE YOUR NEW SHORT hair-do!! Looks great! I love that big pretty necklace too. Glad you liked reading about the old plantation, I just LOVE IT THERE. Literally walking in amongst history. I wonder when the hot weather will break and y'all will get some cooler temps, hopefully soon? I know how happy and excited you always are each year about SEPTEMBER FIRST!! It's coming girlfriend, it's on the way!

BeachGypsy said...

PS---I've always loved that JFK quote!!

Carol said...

I love the haircut!! With heat like that, try to stay cool. I hope you have a great time on your cruise. My husband and I have talked about it many times.

jamarson1 said...

If you plan on passing through the Denver area let me know:)

Judy said...

How exciting...to have an Alaskan cruise to look forward to! Are you leaving from Seattle? I'm sure you will be stopping in Vancouver or Victoria (my corner of the world). And your road trip home sounds fun as well! Enjoying the planning. Nice 'cool' haircut!