Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tuesday Treasures and Sledding Santas!

I slept so well last night! Sleep is more important than I ever dreamt it would be and makes a world of difference in my quality of life. In my younger days I didn't need near as much as I do now that I am older. It was after 10:00 when I woke up and Louis Dean brought me a cup of coffee and sat on the side of the bed as I sipped it and we talked. A simple gesture on his part but it made a memorable moment for me. I hope I never take a loving husband for granted and I don't think I ever will.

After that first cup of coffee, I called Ruth Ann and we made our plans for the day.
I would pick her up shortly after 1:00.....which gave me plenty of time to have coffee and do our reading before getting dressed. I fixed Louis Dean a big bowl of potato soup and I had a chicken salad sandwich before I headed out for our Tuesday Adventures.

We spent the first hour of our afternoon with Reaoma.
I told her all about Summer and her Hurricane Maria experiences.
On our every visit, I give her drinks of water to keep her hydrated. 
Pam (her daughter) leaves notes as to what would be helpful to do when you visit.
We had a good visit and Ruth Ann went down to fill Reaoma's water bottle with the fruit infused water they had available in the lobby.
Alas, on every sip I offered Reaoma - the bottle dripped cold water on her.
This turned out to be a good thing in the long run.
Reaoma kept falling asleep and once I started giving her slurpy sips of water - she responded in laughter! We had a good time together!

From Reaoma's we headed to our thrift stores stopping at DAV first followed by Goodwill.


This was my modest haul for the day......


A beautiful tablecloth with elegant script......


A movie to take to the ranch with us in a few weeks.
I have seen it before and loved it!


A delightful Christmas box!
The Goodwill lady told me, "You are buying part of my display!"


I am a sucker for a fall wreath!!!
This one now lives in our living room.


Four Debbie Mumm Halloween plates.....
I could not believe it!!
Truly, folks! It's the thrill of the hunt!


A Halloween Wonderland hand painted coffee mug - which I will be using in the morning!
I spent less than $15 for all of this!
Win! WIN!!!

Our last stop was ALDI where I bought my first pumpkins of the season!


Louis Dean helped me unload and then we had a glass of wine in the gazebo before time to do art.


I am declaring these Sledding Santas DONE!!!
One is a birthday gift to a dear friend and one is to keep - the yellow sky one - and the third will be offered for a give away next week!

I think last year I mentioned I might do this and tonight my dear friend Trudy reminded me!
I only wish I had more than one to offer!

It's been a good Tuesday!
Rain came in tonight as we painted and by the time we were done - it was gone.
It's still hot in Texas!
I am longing for fall temperatures.....

Louis Dean is waiting for me in the den.
We are going to watch Bull before going to bed.....




15 comments:

Michele Frey said...

LOVE reading your posts! Hope all is well with you and yours. Continued prayers for Summer and also for LD,as he recouperates from his dental work๐Ÿ˜Š

Denise said...

I love all your paintings but believe the sleighing Santa might be my favorite.

Linda said...

I think I enjoy fall decorations every bit as much as Christmas decorations. I love fall and winter much more than summer. I love slow mornings, one of the joys of not working.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love EVERYTHING you got at the thrift shops, especially the plates!!! Your Santas are awesome, especially the yellow sky one. He is sledding in the sunset!

Small Kucing said...

Time flies. So fast it is Autumn again. Soon will be christmas :)

Bluebird49 said...

You are so sweet, but then I knew that already! I'll be here, but I say with all sincerity, "I'll be very happy for whoever wins it!


Sleep...oh, how it eludes me. Insomnia, plus hubby's retirement,(he stays up until 4:30 a.m.), hasn't been great for me, but he loves it and sleeps soundly til 12 or 1:00 p.m. Shift work turns a body upside down, I think! So glad you've slept well, and are pacing yourself. You are the energizer bunny!
xo!
Trudy

Arlene G said...

Those Debbie Munn plates are just adorable!!! And a giveaway of a Linda Chapman original...I am crossing my fingers right now!!:) So glad you got some sleep. It does change our whole outlook.

Susie said...

Linda, Sounds like a good day to me. Glad you got your rest. It surely does help. I rarely sleep well. Last night I slept better, cause I was wore out from the grandkids. LOL. Got to have a day with them and their parents too. Wishing everyone well there. Blessings to all of you, love, xoxo, Susie

Kathy said...

I am so glad you got some sleep. It really does make a difference. I have insomnia so badly and when I get a good night's sleep I feel like a different person.

You got a lot of nice things from Goodwill. Our Goodwill has junk -- not nice things at all. The one thrift store that has nice stuff costs so much! I might as well buy it new.

MadSnapper said...

that Christmas box is adorable. love your paintings and so glad you got enough sleep. it really is good for us. so is a good caring hubby and I agree, we can't take them for granted.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What you are doing with your visits to Reoma is beautiful.

You found a wonderful haul at Goodwill!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love seeing what you find...the thrill is in the hunt for sure! One persons trash is another's treasure. Your day sounds greatl all the way round. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday

Estelle's said...

I have those Debbie Mumm Halloween plates Linda....they are a real treasure....I found mine on ebay and was over the moon...they will be featured in an upcoming post...I know you love those Tuesday bargin hunts!

Carole said...

You have given me the idea to look out some quotes and sayings about the gift of sleep - thanks!

Wanda said...

Dear Linda ~ I've missed so many of your recent posts as we were in Tucson for a Memorial Service.
While there I did get to roam around a wonderful Thrift Store called the Golden Goose. Found a really cute J.Jill top and a flat queen sheet and two pillow cases with soft brushed cotton and beautiful borders. Wish it wasn't in Tucson. HaHa

Love all your treasures...think of you often. Hugs.