Thursday, March 7, 2024

Monday's Visit With LD's Doctor, Tuesday Treasures With Brenda and Mother/Daughter Time With Amber on Wednesday!

 We made it safely home Sunday evening, albeit in the dark!
Alas, it was nearly as stressful driving home as it was getting down to the ranch.
There was, once again, loud talking and high pitched squealing and missed turns, frustrations, and confusion!

We met with the neurologist Monday afternoon....


while Louis Dean doesn't want to go to the doctor - he knows it's important - so he goes.


It's our tradition to take a selfie while in the waiting rooms at all doctor appointments.
We sat across from another couple and the man was wearing a Navy cap. He and Louis Dean struck up a conversation. The old man said, "I recognize you from the last time I was here!" Of course, he didn't but we went over and sat beside them - Louis Dean beside the old man and I beside the lady who happened to be best friend to his wife.

As a caretaker I am always asking how others are dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's with their loved ones. Louis Dean is right there with all the behaviors and conditions.

It was a sobering visit and the doctor doubled his dose of memantine.
She made me understand that he will never get better but hopefully the medication can slow the process down. We are dealing with new normals on a regular basis and it really does help to know what's coming so one isn't blindsided when it happens.

Sometimes we hear words we are not quite prepared for and it takes a few days to process the information - both mentally and emotionally.

I admit to being a bit blue as I absorbed what the doctor was telling me.

We came home and I started on the den - taking the Christmas trees down and changing things out from Christmas to spring. Working and cleaning is always therapy for me.

Louis Dean is good at taking lights off the Christmas trees which I finally took down in the den.

Tuesday morning he went right back to work on them and then started untangling the lights.


I left him to it while I went off to meet Brenda for Tuesday Treasure Thrifting!


My friend, Debbie, sent me this pic!
It's hard to be depressed on a Tuesday but somehow I managed to do it.


I still found a few treasures.....


A Mud Pie trinket dish and a set of six beautiful black doilies......


A  night shirt from Old Navy....a pair of warm pretty socks for our trip to the cabin and a small purse to take instead of a purse!


I love this tissue holder that sits by my side of the bed.
The yellow tablecloth will go in the sewing room - once I get in there to undecorate and clean.


The candle was a nice find and I have a tall glass cylinder that will be perfect for that!
I didn't hit a jack pot this time but I enjoyed the thrill of the hunt with Brenda!
We had lunch together at Chick-Fil-A and shared our sorrows and our joys - a like amount of each!
What a blessing to have a best friend!


I came home to Louis Dean still dealing with the lights!
It was kind of scary to realize that he had spent over 8 hours doing this project.
Apparently he had tangled them up again and had to start over.
It's good to look at this as an activity and I realize what a blessing it is for him to have his room where he can do whatever he wants.
 He organizes and reorganizes.
He packs tubs up and carries them out to his storage building and then in a few days brings them back in. I'm happy he can do the things he likes to do and is content.

Wednesday morning I told him to not worry about the lights and take a break.
He asked, "What lights?"


Amber and I had a mother/daughter day and I so needed this!!!
She chose the perfect movie for us!


It was totally entertaining!


So many twists and turns in an over the top humorous script!
If y'all see this - watch for the gold dress and tell me what you think!
The leading lady is Bryce Dallas Howard - Ron Howard's daughter  - and she was amazing!

Today (Thursday)  has been busy as I finally finished cleaning the den and started on the guest room.
Tomorrow I will pack for our trip to the cabin and finish the guest room as Jesse will be here to load up his truck and spend the night so we can get an early start on Saturday morning - and I mean a seriously EARLY start!


I close tonight's journal entry with news from the ranch!
I so hoped we would be there when Dean and Sherry's 'new' old house was moved to their property!
I teared up this morning when Sherry sent me this pic!


It's happening!!!


This amazing home was built in 1925 and is such a beauty!


I'm like Sherry - I've never wanted a brand new home but rather an older one with good bones and history! I would have loved to have this house!


THIS photo really made me cry tears of joy!


A dream come true!!

Prayers that all the moving pieces of moving this structure comes together in a good arrival!
What an amazing adventure and I am so happy for them!
I can't wait to get back down there!!!

Way to go, Dean and Sherry!!


17 comments:

Arlene G said...

Hugs and prayers to you Linda. I hope your time in New Mexico Will be a time of refreshement!

Deanna Rabe said...

I’m praying for you friend, and I’m praying for LD. Your trip will be a blessing to you.

How exciting for Dean and Sherry! So great!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Sherry and Dean!! It's so pretty. May you have many joyful years in your "new old house"!
Linda, I pray youall have a good and blessed trip!🙏❤
Love, Trudy

Ginny Hartzler said...

What amazing photos of the old home transport! I have never seen black doilies, but am thinking you may use them in the fall. No, wait, they will go with your new French look in the bedroom!! I am so sorry about Louis Dean! I have dealt with this, and it is so heartbreaking. You have such a good attitude, and are treating it with such grace and strength!! I am praying for both of you!

MadSnapper said...

I love love love love love that old house. color me a teeny bit jealous.. that is the kind of home I have always wanted, my grandmothers house was built in 1920, much like this one.
sorry to hear the news about the memory problems, prayers for all of you. when I untangle lights I get mad and toss them out. no patience with that. it is good he is content with his projects.

Estelle's said...

Linda, WHAT a great post...the aging process does not treat us kindly and it's just plain hard....today we are golden and we don't know that tomorrow will bring...I absolutely love the old home which will be made new again...my kind of treasure...can't wait to see how it's transformed.....

Donna said...

I am so glad LD has you there to care for him...giving you a really big hug girlfriend...
And hope you get back soon to the ranch! I know how much you love it.
LOVE the old house!! How wonderful!
Have a sweet weekend!
hugs
Donna

Rita said...

Always hard to get sobering news.
So glad Louis Dean can spend hours being occupied happily in his space. That is such a blessing.
I am still totally amazed that they can even move entire houses like that. Wow! Blows me away!
I hope you have a peaceful weekend. :)

photowannabe said...

Life sure has so many twists and turns.
I'm glad you have a doctor that tells it like it is...be it difficult to hear. This getting older is difficult at best and I am praying for you and LD as things progress. I have been through this with both in laws and friends. Makes my heart ache but makes me cling to the Lord even more.
Enjoy your time in New Mexico and be refreshed.
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

I am sorry about Dean - that is a sad disease.

So explain the house moving to me. I am confused.

Wanda said...

Hello Sweet Linda. Been thinking about you but had a busy month and trip to see my sis after her valve replacement surgery. Hadn't see her for 7 yrs. and my girls to me to be with her and spend a weekend.

How hard it must be to see the changes that are being made in your life and changes in Louis Dean. I love that you have such joyful attitutes, even as depresion come along with all of this

But love how you keep on decorating and un-decorating and thrift shopping and loving life.

You are one of my heros!

salemslot9 said...

🌜Complete with porch swing🌛

Anonymous said...

3:15 a.m--- Y'all on your way yet? Have a good trip! Love, Trudy❤🤗

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

You are a strong woman, that has to be so hard at times. Love the old house, cannot wait to see further updates!

Anonymous said...

So very true!!!!! Thank you!

Susan~aredheadonthego said...

Sweet
Linda, I’m sorry for the not so optimistic news and your feelings of depression, but you are facing this head on…and for that you should be proud. You have a pilot light deep in your soul that no one can put out. It gets tough as things start to move quicker. When that was happening to my Dad I always just thought ‘well at least I can still hold his hand’ and so I did and I’m so glad I did! It sustains me to this day. He passed 4 years ago. I see a lot of similarities between
Louis Dean and my Dad…both handsome men who loved to sing and had a passion for life. My dad would spend all day organizing his closet and trying on clothes. He was a real clotheshorse. I rode it out to the bitter end and have great satisfaction that I did. You too will feel that way. You are grabbing life with both hands. You have a legion of friends cheering you on.
Love
Susan

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What a lovely selfie of you and Louis Dean in the waiting room.
Feeling sad for you though that the doc's report wasn't more encouraging. This has to be so hard.
You are blessed to have such a loving family to surround you and support you, and yes, best friends are a real blessing.
Love the old house. How amazing that a house can just be picked up like that and transported to a new location.