Sunday, August 6, 2023

Back Home and Celebrating Harrison! And Decorating for FALL!!!


  Louis Dean started feeling a little under the weather on Thursday morning -
but by late that evening, it was obvious he was 'sick.'

It was late Thursday afternoon when Jesse asked me if I would like to go out on the four wheeler!
"Or wait until tomorrow?"


I've learned over the years to go for whatever adventure is available to me right then as who knows what tomorrow holds?  So off we went and I had a great time.

Alas, by the time we came back, Louis Dean was not feeling well at all.
Coughing, no fever but chills and a scratchy throat.

Jesse has a fancy watch that records heart rate, oximeter and more so he put it on LD's wrist....
He was not in a health danger situation but Jesse and I decided it would be best to go home a day early.
And so we did.

We left the cabin at 9:17 Friday morning and arrived at home around 8:30 - going from 60 degrees to 109 degrees! We are back in the OVEN!!!
Jesse unloaded us as LD was not feeling well.
While I put things up - Louis Dean took a nice warm bath, rubbed his chest with Vicks and went to bed.....in the guest room.
I wasn't sure if he was contagious or not so we weren't taking any chances.
I need my health to take care of him!


Home sweet home!!!!

Saturday we had a calm relaxing day and he felt much better.
I stayed in bed until after 1:00 in the afternoon and then went back to bed later for a nap.
How can a relaxing vacation wear you out??
No clue.

I spent Saturday watering as it is HOT in Texas!!!  unpacking and putting things to right and then I started to clean and decorate the den for FALL!!! That is my go-to therapy!
This time last year - it was already DONE!!!
But I was in mourning over losing my sister, Nita.
And she is still in my heart and on mind now.


Saturday night I was watching Grantchester and sipping a Margarita with a fragrant candle burning on the coffee table.

This was my 'AH' moment!

That was my Saturday while the Bells were celebrating Harrison making the The Texas Warriors 12UA Team!!!!


Here he is about to go out on the ice.....


The results are posted and that's rather stressful!!
He MADE it!!!!
As did some of his best buds!


Signing the contract with his coach.


Proud parents!


A clip of his first official practice with his new team!

I am so excited for him - and his parents!!!

All four of the Bell grands LOVE hockey and I think this is going to be a part of their lives for a long time!

We didn't go to church this morning but watched the service online since I don't know if Louis Dean is contagious or not. He is feeling better but we didn't want to take any chances.

I threw myself into decorating for fall!
It is my all time favorite thing to do and I look forward to it for months!
Only 25 days until September First!


Every year I do things a bit different by starting in one room and moving on from there.
This year was the den


I've had such a nice time!


I think I am a Keeper of Home at the center of my being and find my peace and pleasure when fluffing, cleaning, decorating and opening our home to friends and family.

I'm excited about the coming season and am purposing to slow down and savor every day.
The next two weeks hold several doctor appointments for Louis Dean and it will be good to get these done. His cardiologist has told us he will be needing a pacemaker soon so he will be wearing a heart monitor - again - to see if it will be this year.

Triple digits are in the forecast for another two weeks. No clue if we will get to go to the ranch on the 22nd for the Waco bee meeting with honey tasting - it's my favorite meeting of the year!









19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope Louis Dean is well soon; I am glad he has these doctor appointments coming up. I started fall decorating today, too!!! Anymore, it takes me just forever to do it. Congrats to Harrison, what a wonderful young man he is becoming. I love your fall header and background. Keep me posted on Louis Dean.

Rita said...

I hope Louis Dean feels better soon. You are wise to try not to catch anything. He needs you to take care of him--right!

Dagan has had a pacemaker since he was about 12 years old. Well, I don't even know what number he is up to now (he'll be 49 come November). They need to be replaced after several years. It was night and day for him feeling better, so I hope the same will be for Louis Dean if they say he needs one. :)

I like Grantchester, too! :) Have a great week and stay COOL!

Unknown said...

Sorry you had to cut your Taos visit short but it's best to be safe where health is concerned. Glad Louis Dean is feeling better. Congratulations to Harrison, I bet he's so excited. Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying decorating for Fall, I love seeing pictures of your home all decorated. It seems everyone loves Fall best.

Donna said...

So sorry LD fell ill! But I know you're glad to be home.
All the decorations are so pretty! I suppose I need to begin getting ready for the holidays, as well. They're not far off now! Congratulations to Harrison!
hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

Hope Ed's appointments come out well this week! I know you would have liked to stayed one more day, but that's life!
Harrison! Congratulations! You will be a busy boy, and your parents might be busier than usual taking you to and from practices and games!!
Y'all stay well and cool,Linda and Louis Dean!
Linda, please keep my brother, Lynn, in your prayers. My sister-in-love, his wife Betty, passed away at 80 on Thursday night. They'd been together over 60 years and we will all miss her so much. She had had Alzheimer's for a couple of years and declined so quickly. (Unfoftunately, you know that disease well!) She taught me so much when I got married. She was a really great homemaker, and we became like sisters quickly. (Well, she was my brother's wife, so we were like sisters!) Since 1966, we've been neighbors, too - as long as I've been married. Time really does seem to fly!
Have a good week! Love, Trudy

Anonymous said...

Hope L.D's appts. come out well this week. Please pray for my brother Lynn. Betty, his wife of 60 years, passed away Thursday night and we all will miss her. She had dementia nearly 2 years -- such a horrible thing, as you know!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Praying that LD feels much better soon, and that you don't get it! Praying also for his Dr. appts., and also about the pacemaker issue. My mother had one of those, and it seems so many people have them nowadays. It's amazing how they can monitor the heart rate, etc., over the phone. I hope you will both take it easy and try to stay cool and out of this extreme heat. We are also having high heat advisories here in Florida, although not as hot as where you are, but the high humidity makes it so much hotter. Your fall decorations are so beautiful. I love how you enjoy doing your home decorations for each season. I usually don't get around to doing my fall decor until early to mid September, usually in time for my birthday later in the month. Just depends on what's going on and my energy levels. But I do love fall and enjoy it more than any other season. Wow, congratulations to your grandson! That's quite an accomplishment! Busy times ahead for all of you. Have a blessed and peaceful and happy week.

Estelle's said...

You know I wait for you to begin your fall decor series....now that you are a bit rested from that marvelous vacation, it warms my heart to see a new blog look and vignettes for the fall season....yes, it's an oven out there....hope LD feels better soon....rest and hydration....take good care!

Deanna Rabe said...

Every year I get excited for September first because of you! I love it and seeing you fluff your nest!

My dad had a pacemaker put in this past year and it has made a huge difference for him. Praying that LD is feeling better.

Congrats to Harrison! That is exciting and fun for the whole family!

We've had mild weather over all this year, which is unusual. July was hot, but since August came its been mild. With your ac on and your fall decor it will feel like fall until you go outside!

Take care of yourself friend. Remember, you are loved!

Arlene G said...

So glad LD is feeling better. You were probably right about the elevation. I am glad you got to enjoy most of the week and now you are home fluffing!! I have put away all my patriotic things and I am trying to wait until September to put out my fall things. I did find some fall things at Grimmwood that I had forgotten about so I brought them home with me to use here. Like you, fall is my favorite time of the year and I love making a cozy nest for fall and winter.

MadSnapper said...

Adorable Bee at the end, you are so gifted. Hope LD is better today than yesterday. glad you made is safe to your oven. we are in the same oven and you. last night at 5 pm back yard said 103, woke up at 5 to 86 degrees. we are still in drought and the heat is hard to breathe in. Beau and I can barely make our walk. Congrats to Harrison and his parents. keep fluffing, have fun.

Anonymous said...

That heat has to be hard on you all. I hope LD is feeling better. Covid is increasing again. Be careful. Congratulations to Harrison. ❤️

Debbie said...

thinking of fall must be difficult with triple digit temperatures. your home always looks so beautiful for fall and i remember from past years that you always decorate early. i am looking forward to fall, "nesting" and all...i am a nester too!! the tree looks awesome!!

all of the bells have done so well in ice hockey. i think i remember that their dad plays, he was probably a great coach for them!!

i hope ld feels better, i really worry about him and that texas heat. i know you look after him and are a GREAT partner!!

Jan said...

Glad LD is feeling better-seems to be a lot of upper respiratory stuff going around right now. Congratulations to Harrison! Such an exciting time for him and the Bells! I too love decorating our home and making a welcoming place for our family and loved ones. It's definitely our happy place where we relax and leave the world behind. After 11 years, I still find myself grinning when we drive up the road to our house after being gone!

photowannabe said...

Wow, congratulations to Harrison and his new team. that's awesome.
I really am glad you came home early..we want LD around for a long time. Altitude and "a bug" is not a great combo.
You fluff and decorate so passionately. I truly love what you do.
The Bee at the end is so sweet.
I always said something about sleeping snug as a bug in a rug to my boys when they were little. that bee is too cute.
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure hope Louis Dean is feeling much better today. I'm keeping him in my prayers...both of you! And I'm glad you had such a nice trip. I may decorate this week since I'm stuck inside with this awful heat. What a boost that would give me. I'm thinking....sunflowers! Hugs, Diane

Far Ago Farm said...

Sending positive vibes and many prayers for Louis Dean! Sounds like a super fun trip. Now back to the heat! I'm looking forward to fall weather and fall decor. I always enjoy your fall decor (and every season) - you have a special touch of bringing in the cozy! Jane

Stacy said...

Ohhhhh....as if the fall decorating magazines coming out weren't bad enough, you are really stirring up my urge to decorate for fall. It is my favorite season and I love all things about it. I do try to hold off until at least the last week of August when the kids go back to school. School is the official end of summer for me. Your decorations are beautiful, by the way!

Judy said...

Way to go, Harrison! That is just awesome! I'm smiling at your enthusiasm for fall decorating. I'm always a little slow on the draw when it comes to switching seasons. Or maybe I'm just reluctant to let go of summer! Hope LD is feeling better.