Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday Night and the Sewing Room is all Dressed up for FALL!!!

 I was moving right along in my cleaning and decorating for a week or two there.
What with doctor visits last week and the book fair this week - things kind of slowed down here at home.

I was gone four out of five days this week and Louis Dean was Home Alone.
It's WAY too hot for him to even consider going outside - 110 degrees today!

To be fair, he made one for me, too and they were good.
This morning was my last shift at the Book Fair and it was from 8:00-11:00 - but I stayed to wait for Logan and Trystan to sit with them at lunch from 11:30-12:00.
Actually they joined me in the library and ate in there.

I truly enjoyed every minute of working the fair and seeing all the 900 or so young people!
I was impressed by everything!
The teachers, the principle, the librarian, the students and the parents I met on Open House night!

Having 30 minutes with Logan and Trystan was the perfect icing on the cake for me.
I hope to go back soon and eat with Harrison and Kailey.
They have different lunchtimes and they change twice in the week.


I left Louis Dean in bed this morning and got home BEFORE he could cook another hamburger!
Instead I made us healthy salads and we watched a program before  I went back to bed for a nap.
I left him with a John Wayne movie playing in the den.
By the time I woke up - HE was napping so I was able to have a little quiet time and do some housework!


The sewing room is now finished and it took me longer than I expected because I cleaned out a storage area and donated three heavy bags of fabric, denim scraps, needlework kits, lace and this-that-and-the-other!!


That boney banjo player is still going strong after 6 or 7 years with the same battery!!


My blogging spot tonight.


I have two pieces of mending - which I did - and I need to finish a quilt up this weekend!





I made this scarecrow from cornhusks long years ago - as in 35 or more!

I am on the home stretch in preparing for Fall only having the bathrooms, hall and bedrooms left.
Those will be easy as my pile of 'debris' is dwindling.

The gazebo will be the last thing to do and that's not happening anytime soon.
I heard we may have a few days next week where the weather will be milder - as in 98 and 99 instead of 110 as it was today.
We only go out in the mornings and evenings to water and it's still hot but bearable.

Tomorrow is Saturday and it will be a Stay at Home Day - my favorite kind.
We even took a piece of mail up to the post office this evening so I wouldn't have to get out tomorrow.
I didn't do the paperwork correctly so we had to sign and mail it off again.
That was at 8:00 and as soon as we got back home - I had a notice on my phone that Louis Dean's prescriptions were ready to pick up - so off we went again!
It was DARK when we got back and that's a reminder to pay attention to the time.
We decided that IF we MUST be out after dak - that Louis Dean will drive and I will navigate!


I do believe I will be ready to welcome September First!!




13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this last quote. You are really doing fall up good!! And it will be here really soon! Is your big HOME sign the kind you can change the seasons?

Granny Marigold said...

That must have been a serious clean up you did in your storage/sewing room. Your decorated rooms looking so amazing. I believe you do more decorating than anyone else I know of. I do less than I used to but as long as I still enjoy it I'll do it 🎃🎃🎃

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I LOVE your background and header!!

Estelle's said...

The sewing room is spectacular Linda...so much to delight the senses with! You know what I love....these pieces are well loved from years past...they have a history of fall seasons...that makes them very special indeed! The summer has been just unbearable....I have some days, I don't venture outside....cannot wait for cool fall days....

Donna said...

Everything is SO pretty! I also heard about the "cool" front coming in nextSunday night...lol...from 107 to 98* here. A big woop-dee-doo. SO ready for cooler weather as in the 80's!
Have a fun Saturday...and we haven't driven at night in years.
hugs
Donna

Arlene G said...

I think we are all looking forward to September and cooler temps. We are headed to Ohio today for a week and I am hoping it is cooler up there. Stay safe!!

MadSnapper said...

we are not as hot as you are, but we had two evenings it was 100 which in all the years here we have not seen triple digits at any time of year. we did get an inch of rain which was great. and now we are watching the Storm down south that is about to come our way wed/thurs. this will be my birthday storm, there is always one looming the first week of Sept

Rita said...

So you have been doing a bit of purging, too! Sounded like quite a bit, actually. Your home is always so festive! I do love fall! My favorite season. Stay cool! Stay safe! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

All of the Fall colors are especially beautiful in your home! I know it must feel so good to walk into each room. I hope you enjoy your day at home! Most days we stay home! Hugs!

photowannabe said...

Your September 1st "debris" is amazing. I just don't know how you do it all. 110F is too hot for me too. Today it's only suppose to get up to 95F..Yippee...Its been hard sleeping it's been so hot through the night.
Helped Dave cut the grass and weed in the backyard. Now we are both done in...going to be lazy for the rest of the day.
Sue

Anonymous said...

It always so warm and welcoming at your house, no matter what the season! Love, Trudy

Debbie said...

the rooms look amazing, you always do such a beautiful job decorating!! i was going to say that your home always looks so warm and welcoming, i see that above me...we all feel the same way!!

so sweet of you to do shifts at the kids schools book fair, and then to stay for lunch. i know those quads all adore you!!

i love stay at home days...with those temperatures you probably should stay at home as often as you can!! i think the "home" sign is my favorite!!

Deanna Rabe said...

I love the joy that your fall decorating brings you! I love it, too!

You and LD are a team even for nighttime driving! (grin)

Praying you'll get some relief from the heat soon!