Monday, July 26, 2021

A Great July Weekend With Summer Dee!!

 I have loved the time with Summer!
She's the daughter of my youth and the joy of my heart.
There's only 15 years difference in our ages so now we not only mother and daughter, but also best friends. Win! WIN!!!

She's going to stay here at the house while we are at the ranch this week and then in west Texas next week. The July heat has arrived and in 100+ degrees, my flowers would not last long without a daily drink of water.

We will be visiting Chandy and her family next week and I have been shopping for things to fix up her guest bedroom and bath. Speaking of 'fixing up' - that's exactly what they bought! A Fixer' Upper!! And they are doing an amazing job of it, too!

Summer found some things on a site called 'Offer Up' so we drove over to Dallas to pick them up.


On our way back, we stopped at a TJ Max and I found all the other things I wanted to get and then some! Like this sunflower bag!


And these!!! They are already hanging on my oven handle!


Oh! The coffee!!! That Brown Sugar Bourbon smells devine!!!
I'm not going to use the Pumpkin Spice one until September First - a mere 36 days away!


Love me some tea!
We stopped at QT while we were out and I ran in to get a super large tea for us to split since we already had our now empty insulated glasses - remember we are BIG gulpers!
The only tea (other than plain and I seldon EVER drink PLAIN!) was Black Mango!
Perfect! Poor Summer wasn't expecting that! Taste exploded in her mouth but she slowly got acquainted with it - especially as the ice melted and diluted it some!
After her double take at the first swallow, she said, "I should have KNOWN you wouldn't get plain tea!!"


I couldn't resist these tasty little crackers!


Frangrances for everyday and a special bottle of Sunflowers!
I'm all set to do spread a ton of sunflower decorations around here come August when I get back home.


We found all the bedding including 4 pillows and some towels and even a special candle for Chandy's guestroom! Summer and I stayed in touch with her as we shopped the store to make sure she liked what we were picking out!


This is what we picked up in Dallas!
Will use these as bedside tables.


And I bought this old weathers door for $20 and they delivered it!
Louis Dean will hang this up as a headboard for the bed.
I may sand it up a bit and possibly wipe on a universal stain to give it some gray shading since that's their color scheme. 


You can see the gray walls in this pic of Chandy. 
She was about to go out and paint the window trim outside.


Last night we watched a late movie together - Mr. Rogers.
The water gun on the table is for the cats!
Speaking of.....they will not be going with us to the ranch today.
Amber and the family came over and picked them up yesterday.
The kids will get to enjoy them for a couple of weeks before they go back to school.
Amber and Mike seem to get just as big a kick out them as the kids, though.

So now I need to close this journal entry and get dressed.
The truck is already loaded and we are about to head South on the Interstate!!





10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

headed south, woo hoo, have fun, but you always do!!! Chandy is so pretty and wish i looked like that when I used to be able to paint things. good idea to check with her before buying. hope her hubbies hand is better

Wanda said...

Oh what fun Linda with ther daughter of your youth. There is 21 years between my first born. I love our relationship too. You and Summer are such CUTE girlfriends.

I love all the things you picked up...such an eye for decorating. I think the old door is a perfect headboard.

Sunflowers make me happy too...and always bring a smile.

Bluebird49 said...

Love it when you and your kids can get together! Our Sherry was not quite 17 years younger than I and people often thought we were sisters when we were out together. I think she was sort of embarrassed by that and I always stressed to everyone that I was definitely her mom. We really enjoyed so much together.
She sang for weddings and onstage, and I accompanied her on the piano whenever she did. I miss her very much and I always will; on August 20, it will be 23 years since the Lord took her to be with Him.
I loved seeing all the neat things you got. I know you will miss the kitties, but I'm sure Amber, Mike and the kiddos will keep them occupied! 😻😻
Sending you love!!

Latane Barton said...

Love all your purchases. And, the sunflower theme... oh my, I do love sunflowers. Have fun and know that your digs will be well taken care of while you are gone.

Carole said...

Have a lovely time. Love the water pistol although my little spray bottle works too. Cheers

Ginny Hartzler said...

My favorites are the sunflower bag and tea towels. I was just at T.J. Maxx today, and they did not have any fall things at all. They must start fal way earlier in Texas. How is Summer doing now??

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I always enjoy seeing what you get up to next, What a nice day you had out shopping. I love sunflowers too and do enjoy Sunflowers cologne. It's perfect for this time of year. So nice Summer is there to watch over things and water your plants. It's good you are gulpers, in that heat you need to stay hydrated. Enjoy your trip and keep cool.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad you were able to spend the time with Summer and get the things you wanted. No surprise it included sunflowers:)

photowannabe said...

Perfection again...Chandy's guest room is going to be fabulous with all those wonderful things you bought.
Safe trip to the Ranch and enjoy your time there.
I'm glad Summer can watch your place while you are gone.
You find the greatest treasures when you shop. Love them all.
Special hugs to your dear LD too.
Sue of photowannabe
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

i don't drink coffee but i love the smell of it!! i am a tea drinker!! those rosemary and olive oil crackers look so good...

i really like the door, it's going to make a beautiful headboard!!