Friday, July 23, 2021

A Great July Friday!

 We still have not hit the 100 degree mark in temperature in the DFW area yet and I am not one to complain about that!!

This morning I was up and working out on a SilverSneakers EnerChi workout before I even had one full cup of coffee! I exercised every day - or at least 5 X a week from 1984 - 2014. That was 30 years of a healthy habit. But for the last 7 years I have done the odd yoga and Tai Chi or gone for walks from time to time but no day in and day out commitment to daily exercise.
Well, this morning I was looking at my test results online through the patient portal.....and saw the results of my BMI....Body Mass Index. I was shocked. I have never been overweight in my entire life - but my numbers were flagged 'high' and I was flabergasted! Seems the 2 inches I have lost over the years have made my BMI out of normal range. Not by much, really. 25.88 is my number and it should be 25 or less. So that POINT 88 pushed meinto action since it is in my medical records and is not written in black ink but bright RED!


Louis Dean was watching Gunsmoke - again - so I pulled up a program on my laptop and it felt GOOD to be back to exercise done on purpose!

Summer picked me up at 1:30 and we drove to Grapevine to a Sports Clip for my 2:00 hair cut appointment with Yulisa!


She's loving working in this new shop and I am loving it, too!
I would follow her anywhere!
Even though I have been wearing my new wiglet a lot, I still needed a haircut!
She was so sweet - she didn't even complain about the butcher job I gave my bangs a few days ago.

From there Summer and I went for a late lunch to......


It was such a pretty day that we opted to dine outside!


This place is charming!
They had big fans mounted high on the building and a water mister blowing.


Summer is so CUTE!!!!
She had her spinal stimulator all charged up and she was feeling pretty fine.


The chips here are 'substantial!' Meaning they are thick enough for you to realize you are actually eating them instead of those thin crispy ones that you eat a ton of before you even notice what you're doing!


The food was as excellent as the service and the ambiance!
And those margaritas???
There's a reason this place is called the Margarita Capitol of Texas!!

We took our time over lunch and picked up Sonic teas on our way to Trader Joes.


We order BIG margaritas and drink 7-11 BIG Gulps and Sonic Route 44 drinks!
We are BIG drinkers!!


And Summer had all the condiments handy in her travel case!
Sweet 'N Low, Splenda and even lemon juice!

We sipped our way to Trader Joes and I loaded up on the frozen Chinese food!!!
It's one of our favorite things at TJs!


And the wine! 

It was just the BEST Friday afternoon!!!
She dropped me off at home and went back to Rowlett to prepare dinner there and then pack her bag since she's coming back over here in the morning and will stay for a week or so. We have big plans!

I had time to get to my 7:00 appointment with a new beekeeper right here in Irving to do a hive inspection with her.


She just received her hive from Texas Bee Keepers last month and it is doing great!
While she won't be getting honey this year, I predict a good harvest this time next year!

I came home and started 'Damage Control'.....there was a lot of evidence suggesting a good bit of deep frying of something had been going on!


Louis Dean thought I would notice this 'just because' card he bought for me - along with the Girl Power statue - but he had to point it out to me!


Linda loves Louis Dean!!
Yes, I DO!!!


14 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Loved seeing you and Summer and you both look great. I'm afraid I don't even want to know my weight now. This past year of nearly complete hibernation has really increased it. 😥
Hope you are taking care of you. I know you are taking care of Louis Dean! Sounds like he appreciates it too, my friend!💕🙏

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to see the photos of you and Summer, whose smile fits her name, as she looked so happy and sunny. Hope that made sense to you. Those margaritas did look large and I bet were delicious too. And, we know that you and Louis Dean have a mutual 💕 love which is always wonderful to see.

Arlene G said...

My exercise has gone by the wayside in this move. Like you I need to get back to my walking. And I need to lose 10 pounds...it is so hard as we get older. Summer is looking great. I am glad her stimulator is helping her quality of life.

MadSnapper said...

bob only cooks once a day, he cooks his own breakfast. he destroys the whole kitchen just cooking 2 eggs, 2 toast 2 sausage, enough grease to smooth out all my wrinkles all over the stove and counter with raw sausage on the handles to the stove and cabinets. I did not know your favorite hairdresser moved. if i had one i would follow her too. I need a cut now but Bob is finding it harder and harder to stand long enough to cut my hair

Changes in the wind said...

Aww didn't you and Summer have a good time and she does look good. Glad to know that the stimulator is helping her. Got such a chuckle from MadSnapper talking about the hubby in the kitchen. Guess I should be thankful mine doesn't cook.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Definitely a good Friday for you! How cute you two are together. Big smiles show just how much you enjoy being together A delicious lunch and drinks on a hot day are good and good for you too. Gals got to keep hydrated for sure. Hope you enjoy your weekend

LC said...

You gals are looking great! I, too followed my hair "wizard" to Sports Clips. Best wishes on the renewed determination to exercise.

photowannabe said...

Louis Dean is a Real Sweetheart. That card and trophy ...wow...just because...
Summer looks terrific and I'm glad she is coming to stay a week with you. You two will have a ball..for sure.
Good for you and your exercise routine..I must get back to mine too.
I was pleased when I stepped on the scale this morning..now to keep it off!!!
Sue

Wanda said...

You certainly do have a "Keeper" in Louis Dean. Some men just get more romantic, but I have a feeling L.D. has always been that way. Tee Hee.
Oh my goodness, Summer looks wonderful. I have seen her with her hair down, and cute glasses. How smart to have her condiments handy!!

My dearest and I both keep a large container of water with us all day, filling it when it gets low. I usually drink at least three. Don has to be more cardful of fluids because of the CHF.

Are not DAUGHTER DAYS the best thing ever!!!

I don't know where you mass body hides...but you hide it well...haha

Debbie said...

ooooh ld is so sweet to buy you that card, chuck still leaves me little notes in the morning!! i made notes for him when he came to visit me, you know where!!

summer looks great with her big beautiful smile, i'm so glad she is feeling better!!

i love the blog look, maybe you changed it a while ago but i just noticed the bees now!!

Carole said...

Aw, LD sure is a keeper. Off to watch weird sports on the Olympics - shooting this morning... Cheers

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Love seeing your happy faces in your posts Linda. You've been so busy. You also reminded me to get back to gently yoga as well as the walking I do.
Hugs.
Joy

Carla said...

It looks like Summer has lost some weight. She's looking good. I'm guessing her stimulator was similar to the one in my leg that is now out and I should be pain free for at least 2 years. I love Summer's condiment box. LOL
You still won't catch me messing with bees. They'll smell the fear in me and come harass me I'm sure.
Have a great week.
Hugs

Rain said...

Such lovely photos of you and Summer. The food and drinks look fabulous! I'm sure my BMI isn't great either...I'm not really overweight, but like you, I kind of lagged on my exercise routine since, oddly enough, 2014!! I've started a routine again. I love getting that "runner's high"!! :)