Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Tuesday Treasures....

 Last night before we went to bed, Louis Dean and I were both hungry for something light and sweet.


I sliced up some strawberries and was glad I still had some Cool Whip!
While I would have preferred some shortcake to go with it, we made do with as few saltine crackers.
I suppose crackers are like a staple here. As a matter of fact, crackers have been an important food to me my entire life!

As I was carrying our dishes back to the kitchen, I glanced out the French doors and spied a possum!!



Not a baby and not a huge adult, either!
I'm so happy to see one again!
When I cleaned out the pantry last week, I threew out some old raisins and dried cranberries, thinking the birds would eat them. I guess possums like them, too!! Today I went out and brushed all the ones that were on top of the table off onto the deck. Hopefully we will have a visitor or two tonight and they can clean it all up!

I have to tell you about my shower last night.
I was so excited about getting one. The thing is - Louis Dean stayed confusion through the entire freezing weather ordeal - about the back cut off valves. One is for the hot water and one is for the cold.
I hopped into the shower and it wasn't long before I realized there was NO cold water!
I started screaming and scrunched over out of reach of that steaming scalding water! He had to go BACK out there and reach his hands down in the cold muddy water - because the valves are in a 'box' thing and all the snow melted and filled it up with water - dirty water! He finally got it turned on but by that time I was just wanting to rinse off and get out of the shower!

However, this morning I woke up to hot and cold water in both bathrooms, the kitchen and the laundry room for the very first time since February 13th! AND I could flush the commode any time I wanted to!
Hallelujah!!!

Since today is Tuesday.....I decided to hit up a thrift store and a Goodwill.


I got all this plus four big notebooks for Louis Dean for about $25!


Love this brand new set of inspirational coasters from DaySpring.


Another good book......


Love this bistro sign - it's hanging on the antique children's desk in the living room now.


Another Woodland Santa to add to my collection.


Such a beautiful tablecloth!
It was folded so nicely that I am using it on my living room coffee table now.


Okay! So last week we woke up to -2 degrees and snow and ice!
Today it was 79 degrees and I have the attic fan on!!
Of COURSE, I needed a sleeveless denim shirt for just such a day as this one!


Our dinner tonight - shrimp scampi, steamed broccoli (with cheese sauce on his) and a garden salad.
We have leftover scampi and spaghetti so tomorrow I am going to add Alfredo sauce and some chicken to make round #2! Another salad and garlic bread!


We actually ate dinner tonight in the newly cleaned dining room.


Table is set for entertaining!
I will add napkin rings when I clean the sewing room tomorrow.
I have so many I keep them in a tub under the table in there.

It seems like this was just a regular Tuesday for me but I have had Lonnie and my siblings on my mind all day. Deanie and Charlie took Lonnie to the doctor at 10:00 this morning and he was not in good shape. It appears he has not been taking his medications and he hasn't done the follow up appointments from his hospitalization in Decemeber. My sisters and I are very concerned for him. Deanie did a good job letting us know what was going on. He is back at home but I'm not sure he's doing any better.
I've stayed busy but have kept a prayer for Lonnie in my heart all day long.


I kept our youngest sister, Luann, in the loop as well as my children.
Part of me wants to rush over there and - do what? 
Then part of me wants to give him his privacy and let him use what strength he has to get better.
Deanie wisely pointed out to us that this past year of Covid has been especially hard on our brother. He has spent most of the time home alone. And Lonnie has always been a people person.
He's also been in chronic pain and has been for years.
So I have done the only thing I know to do.....pray and claim scriptures for our brother and continue to trust God to do for Lonnie what he can't do for himself.


I just want to hug him and tell him how much I love him.


12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am glad that at least Lonnie was well enough to send home. But how can you make him take his medicine? That is a worry. Your dining room and table are gorgeous!

Bluebird49 said...

Sorry Lonnie's not well! I hope he's not depressed,but that may be it. S glad Deanie realized his problem.
You got some great Tuesday treasures.
Will the kitties and possums all get along? ;)

Deanna Rabe said...

Lonnie is in my prayers! Maybe he needs to get out and do some things like you and LD do. You're careful, but you are not isolated.
This covid year has been hard on everyone in different ways.

You found some nice treasures!

Arlene G said...

It is lovely here as well this weekend. So thankful for the warmth of sunshine. Sorry to hear that Lonnie continues to struggle. I think many people have suffered from the isolation of this last year. As for our bees...they seem to still be there. It was so cold when we were there last, Marvin did not want to open the hive and check on them. Hopefully when we go next week he can suit up and check on them. I do think they like having someone there all the time. Bees are very intuitive creatures.

Changes in the wind said...

Yes indeed the weather has been unbelievable! Sorry to hear your brother is having trouble and know how much you all love him. Hope he will get better and so glad he has all of you to watch over him.

MadSnapper said...

sorry Lonnie is still not doing well. It is not good to be alone, we all know that. and even worse when alone and ill. our weather is on the wile see saw up and down and up and down, but not COLD like yours no freezing, but HOT and Cold and HOT and cold. glad you were not boiled by just hot water.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's so good to see what you've been doing. I missed being on line for 5 days. Glad you have warmed up and sorry to hear about your brother, will keep him in my prayers Take care and stay safe there.
'

Susie said...

Linda, Praying for Lonnie. We do love our siblings even when they tend to ruffle our feathers. LOL. I do sympathize with you about your shower. I have had some things happen here while Ted has been away ...So ready to move from all this farm life work. I swore I would never live like I did growing up, but dang if I have not had to do things to get thru this winter that I lived thru.
Hoping we all can get thru this winter and get our vaccines and get rid of covid in this world. Blessings to you and your loved ones. Love you, xoxo, Susie

Hootin Anni said...

Oh I can feel the pain of no cold water on the skin! Hope you didn't get blistered. I've been thinking about you two & the kitties during the Arctic snap. It's really good to see you visit with me today. Your Tuesday treasures are super Linda. Love the 'possum (cute). And hope you two remain well & your brother improves!!!

photowannabe said...

Isolation is so difficult. I pray that Lonnie will remember to take his meds and follow up with the Drs. Glad you have siblings to look out for him and each other.
Love your Tuesday Treasures. We are trying to sell off some of our Treasures. They are pushing us out of the house..haha..but getting some extra moola is so helpful. I am tired of going to the post office so often but that means we have sold something so I guess I will not complain.
Sue of photowannabe

Judy said...

Just catching up here...and reading about your 'deep-freeze' of a month. Hopefully all the weather woes are behind you and you can enjoy the usual Texas warmth! My nephew in McAllen was even without power and water for some time. Who could have imagined! It was so nice and warm when I was there last February.

Debbie said...

i think saltines were a great alternative for your strawberry shortcake, i would not have thought of that!!

such a cute meme - they are our first real friends too!!