Thursday, February 11, 2016

Fluffing My Nest!

We slept like zombies last night! 
It was pretty late by the time we had unwound enough to go to sleep , but SLEEP we DID!!
I didn't wake up until 10:30 and was in deep sleep dreaming elaborate dreams right up to the moment of waking!


Coffee, COFFEE, coffee!!!!
Once we woke up good, Louis Dean made homemade biscuits and fried up some sausage and eggs.
We missed our Bible reading and Karate exercises yesterday so we picked back up on them today.
Then we went our separate ways in the house - doing what we do best!


Louis Dean puttered around making a microphone rack using some scrap lumber he had.
He is wanting to teach the quads some simple songs and thought they would enjoy using microphones! He has enough of them!!

While he puttered around, I fluffed up my nest by taking all the red out of the bedroom!


Funny, I loved the red but now that it's gone - it looks so much nicer!!


I thought I would miss the big red wreath on the mirror so I hung up a paper banner I bought at HomeGoods for $0.10 on clearance! I am LOVING it!!!


Everything got a good cleaning!


Now it looks all fresh and clean and ready for SPRING!!!


I save nearly everything but today I bit the bullet and threw out a TON of costume jewelry!
I always think I will use the bling and such for crafts or something.
It is a rare moment when I simply toss stuff out!!
This is all that's left on my hangers!!!


The bathroom got a good cleaning as well.
It makes me smile to see my fragrances lined up and then see the girls' lip gloss and the pink necklaces next to them. Logan gave me one of the necklaces and the other one is hers - but she leaves it here each week! We wear them all day on Wednesday, then before she goes home, she puts them back in the bathroom.


The candles made the room fragrant as well as giving a pretty glow.

I also cleaned the guest room and put on fresh sheets. Tomorrow we will be picking up Mother at the salon like old times and going out for lunch. Then we will bring her home with us for a few days.
My sister has been ill all week and I hope she gets well soon! We had already planned for Mother to visit and I know Deanie will rest better if she doesn't have to think about taking care of anyone else but herself!

Louis Dean built a fire outside this evening and as we gazed up at the moon we noticed the big elm tree is budding out! I suppose we pretty much missed winter here in this part of Texas!
Even our rose bushes are still blooming! I shall cut a bouquet tomorrow.
Now I am wondering - what do I do about cutting them back? This is the time of year I normally do this chore.

We have an early day ahead of us in the morning so that calls for an early bedtime!

Source

12 comments:

Linda said...

Hoping all goes well with your mom this week-end. Has it been two weeks since her last visit?

Penny said...

Lovely post Linda. I am just having a cup ofntea and catching up on my blog reading but then I will follow your fine example and get on with my work! X

Vee said...

Sorry about Deanie's being under the weather. Praying for a return to good health in time for a pleasant weekend.

One can tell that you are a home whisperer...I love when you do your cleaning routines and share them right down to the lighting of the candle when it is accomplished.

Today I will scrub floors using Fabuloso and I will think of you!

Nancy Chan said...

Hello Linda, I love how your bedroom looks. I hope everything is well with your sister and mom. Have a great weekend!

Susie said...

Linda, You are LD are so good together. You help each other and many, many others and then you give each other space when needed. I love your beautiful bedroom...looks so comfy. Hope your sister gets well soon. Blessings to all of you for a great weekend, Love you guys, xoxo,Susie

MadSnapper said...

the weather is so crazy it will be hard to decide on the roses. your bedroom is beautifully fluffed and looking good. and all is clean again.. the never ending job of cleaning but then you love it.. sorry sis is sick, hope she feels better soon

Nonnie said...

Our rose bushes are still blooming too and I have been wondering the same thing. Cut them back or leave alone? I like the white. I think the Soring weather has really put you in the spring cleaning mode. Sweet of your husband to fix up microphones for those kids. They do love a microphone.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your bedroom is romantic and peaceful!

Have fun with your mother. I hope Deanie feels better soon.

Pondside said...

I hope you have a grand time with your mother, Linda. I know she'll have a great time with you!

Judy said...

Well fluffed! Enjoy your time with your mother...and have a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend!

Carol said...

Nicely done. I worked in the bedroom yesterday for quite awhile and got some of the work in there completed. I am taking it easy today.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I am looking forward to my next days off work that I will be taking to clean up my bedroom and have my toile wallpaper hung.
Your bedroom looks so pretty and soft and romantic?
I bought my bird bath heating thing at a local hardware store to keep the water from freezing. I have an electrical outlet on my back patio to plug it into.
A friend told me about such a thing and the birds love the nice water on days like this weekend when it 8 degrees and below and snowing this morning.