Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lavender Ridge Farm

We turned down this country FM Road to get to Lavender Ridge Farm for the Lavender Festival on Memorial Day......I absolutely LOVE a tree tunnel!

The signs pointed the way....
As soon as we arrived on the property we could smell the lovely aroma of LAVENDER! Rows upon ROWS of the fragrant flower! Scissors and baskets were provided so you could cut your own!
The farm is open March-November on Friday/Saturday/Sunday from 9-5. THIS weekend was their annual Lavender FESTIVAL so there were vender's and booths and funnel cake stands.....even a Scentsy Station! (And I thought all the delicious smells were from the flowers!)
The day was a typical one for Memorial Day in Texas....HOT! So we settled ourselves down in the Cafe for some cold refreshments!
I had the Lavender Tea.....delicious! I drink a LOT of herbal tea but never thought of making LAVENDER tea! I will in the future, though. Louis Dean ordered the Lavender Lemonade....but he was kind enough to let me drink half of it. The whole thrill of the experience was totally lost on  him!!
He DID enjoy using his fancy camera! Now that he bought me my little red Nikon Coolpix, I leave his alone!

The Farm had lots of cute little garden spots....very picturesque!
Lavender was the key color! This little cart is just adorable!
Even the bathrooms were whimsically decorated!
I LOVED this little sign!
The afternoon ended all too soon......I hope to return again. During the season you can pick your own fruits and veggies and it is just a little over an hour away from home!
Lavender Ridge Farm......it is my kind of place!!

5 comments:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Looks like fun!!! The lavendar is beautiful!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Linda,
Do you like your coolpix? I was thinking I might like on of those. I feel like I don't get alot of color staturation with the camera I have now. It is small and easy to carry in the purse, tho.
I posted on FB that I saw LD's post on Burl Ives. He was born down the road from my hometown, where I still live. His birthplace is Hunt City, IL, only a few miles south of us :)
xo
Robin

Amber said...

I love this! Sounds like a great afternoon, I always enjoy those rustic Texas places with cute shops or vendors and the smell of lavendar would be a big bonus. You'll have to make some lavendar tea when I get home, sounds awesome! I think Mike and I will really enjoy our anniversary weekend trip to Gruene in September, it's our version of a Lavendar Ridge Farm getaway. :)

Nita said...

I love that sign also! Wine improves with age and I improve with Wine. I love it!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love lavender, I love your pictures, and I love your post !!!
What a lovely spot and such wonderful going's on.