Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Amber!!!

June 6th is a popular BIRTHday! Amber was 25 today (and it is still TODAY as I write this!)  Other loved ones share June 6th birthdays! My Mother is 84 and my nephew...Mother's GREAT grandson, Jacob, as well as a dear friend of mine, Cathy Just all have claims on June 6th!

I think this is the first year I have not been with Amber to celebrate! In addition to parties each and EVERY year growing up, I took her to Hawaii on her 18th birthday and then we flew to London for her 21st! She had her first legal drink on a British Airways flight! It was a little sad to NOT be with her today.....actually a LOT sad since IF I were with her I would be in ROME!! She and her husband are spending a week touring Italy and having the time of their lives! Some of Amber's friends and family gathered here at my house this afternoon for dinner and fun....I actually served the same menu I made LAST June 6th! How EXTRA fun it was when we all enjoyed a Skype visit with the world travelers!


Amber was able to visit with all the guests here today...from her older sister to dear family friends and a couple of Synchro gals,  Medley and LeeAnn!


We all enjoyed Amber's birthday as we gathered to celebrate family and friends and good times!




So HAPPY Birthday, AMBER! We love you and miss you!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

THANK YOU MOM!!! That looked like such a fun day and I'm so glad I got to see all of y'all. It was a bit tough for me to be out of arm's reach from you on my birthday, but I still told Mike all about my trip to London and to Hawaii with you. Just like I tell him every birthday each year. Those are incredibly special memories to me!!

I feel just as priviliged to be your daughter as you are to be my mother, and I treasure every moment I get to spend with you, talk with you and learn from you. I would not be where I am today if it were not for the amazing 25 years of life, love and guidance that you have given me thus far. And many more to go!

Thank you for the birthday post, for being an incredible mom and for always coming to my rescue - like getting my sweet kitties and bringing them home. Words cannot express how much that means to me, and how much *more* you mean to me! I love you with all my heart. See you in less than TWO MONTHS!!!

Amber