I've been counting down the days to my favorite one of the entire year!
Finally!! I'll wake up tomorrow to my very first September morn of 2026!
I checked the pecans yesterday to make sure there were no surprises in them - like pieces of shells!
I've made this more than once!
It's a September tradition!
The coookie dough is in the fridge and it looks nearly as it should.
Making this not only expensive but labor intensive....and my arthritic hands and wrists were tired.
The bowl holding it weighed a LOT and I decided to ask my Knight in Shining Overalls to transfer the dough to a gallon sized zip lock bag.
He was so proud and when he brought it to me - I noticed the bag was SOFT!
It should be FIRM!
He added a half cup of WATER to the dough to help get it out of the bowl!
I was so upset!
I dumped the dough back in the bowl and added a half cup of flour and gave it back to Louis Dean with explicit instructions as to NOT do ANYTHING but mix the flour into the dough.
Praying God will bless the dough and the cookies will bake up just fine in the morning.
I've been cleaning and decorating since early July.
The den was my first room to do.
It took well over a week as I did a little at a time.
That skeleton playing the banjo is several years old and still playing on the same battery that came with him.
This is the finished den and the rest of the house is dressed for fall as well.
There is only the gazebo and our deck areas left to decorate and they will wait until the triple digits are gone!!
My pumpkin coffee is ready to turn on and my favorite coffee cup is next to the pot.
The Neil Diamond Cds are by the player for when I first get up.
I'll bake up some cookies and a batch of spiced pumpkin muffins to have with my coffee!
And since it will be Tuesday - I'll celebrate with a little treasure hunting with Brenda!
In three hours and five minutes - it will be September!
But I won't celebrate until September MORN!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment