Monday was the Celebration of Life for our precious Deanie.
Even though we knew she was to be soon on her way to heaven....it still broke our hearts.
Entered into Life
December 21, 1951
Entered into Rest
August 18, 2026
It was a beautiful service with the Chaplain sharing her Life Story
and tributes were made by her two granddaughters which were touching and loving and funny.
Because Deanie was funny!
Her son, James. spoke eloquently and he made us laugh and cry and comforted us.
This is mine.
Mike, Amber, Benjamin, me, Summer, Jesse and Rachel.
I should have had Louis Dean up there with me but he was sitting at a table across from my brother, Lonnie, and I thought it best to just let them visit.
Lonnie and his beloved wife, Michele.....
All three of us sisters had truly blessed husbands later in life and God saved the best of like for all of us , Lonnie included.
Summer surrounded by Deanie's handsome som and grandsons!
It was a beautiful way to gather together and say our goodbyes.
The chapel was packed and the reception gave us all an opportunity to visit and catch up together.
At least until Nita and I were 14 and Deanie was 16.
Our sister, Shari, was at the funeral with her husband.
It was good to catch up with her .
She and her hasband have visited their Fort Worth family over the years and we have visited them in Alabama.
We also have another sister....
Shari, Luann....both children from Pauline and Clayton....
Lonnie, Nita and Deanie....all three children of Pauliine and Lloyd Ewing.
I'm on the end and the daughter of Pauline and my father, Leo Everett Gage.
I was 72 years old when I discovered my father's name and the blessings of three more siblings! Two siblings had passed....a brother close to birth and a sister named Shirley.
Lori - whom I have yet to meet.
And my dear brother, Buster!
He's 10 years younger than I.
This has been a hard journal entry to post but there has been such an abundance of love and laughter and great memories.
Losing family is not easy but I am comforted that my sisters are together in heaven and I'm looking forward to joining them someday.
Thank you all for the prayers and texts and emails and cards. Y'all have blessed me beyond measure.
I hope y'all know how much I love each one of you.
God bless you all.....

.jpg)

.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment