Monday, September 6, 2021

Catching Up.....

 I've been enjoying my autumn dressed home these first few September days.
I haven't been feeling well so seeing all my decorations has been an extra special comfort to me.
Thursday was a day of rest and a bit of puttering around the house. I didn't feel so unwell that I stayed in bed but I didn't feel like doing much either, so I did what I do best  - I puttered. And I went to bed early.....so by Friday I was feeling a little better....


It was Friday Pizza, Popcorn, Cokes and movie night at the Bells and we arrived in time to play a few rounds of Bellz! Granddad just THOUGHT he was the champion! Kailey bested him and was so happy about that!!


Amber knows how to do Friday nights right!


We had such a good time!!


Amber also finds the very BEST movies!!
Sister Deanie read the book some years ago and then loaned the book around to me and our other siblings. True story of 12 orphans at the Masonic Orphanage in Fort Worth back in 1938.
Excellent book and excellent film!

Summer spent the night at Amber's on Friday and, since she is an early riser and a morning person, she was at our house early Saturday morning to do some work in the back yard.


This was waiting for me when I woke up!
My first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season!
She and Louis Dean are making amazing progress organizing all the tools, junk and debris and cleaning out the stotage builings.

I left them working and went to meet friends for lunch.


Lynn and Maria and I were all synchro moms back when our daughters all swam for The Pirouettes of Texas. We lingered long over lunch at a new breakfast and lunch place called First Watch on Beltline at the North border of Coppell. I'm an open book but the other two ladies are more private so I was excited to catch up with them. Such good memories we have of our years together.

I came home in a good mood and ready to do something!


The den is the last room to clean and decorate. I'd done pretty much half of it before we went to the ranch last month so now I am getting the reast done.....bit by bit and most of it late at night after Louis Dean has gone to bed.


I've displayed my Halloween decorations in a big way this year and all in the den.
I love this plaque on Free flying lessons that a friend made and dropped off  for me on Saturday morning. 


Sunday morning I woke up tired and decided to watch church online.
I find I can't burn my candle at both ends the way I used to.


We met Amber and the kids and Aunt Summer at the Olive Garden for lunch and it was so good!
They were already seated when we arrived and Louis Dean's menu was beside mine.....until Kailey asked him to sit by HER instead!
Tomorrow they are going to Hawaiian Falls for the last time this season and we are going to go, too!
I said maybe Louis Dean will ride the two person float with me down the blue slide. This led to Louis Dean asking me what he would get in return and Amber was in process of telling her how IF he would ride the slide that just MAKE her day and cheer her up and make her smile so BIG!
Her heart is a bit blue because her 12-year-old lab, Jersey, is not doing well. We think the end is near.


Lunch with both of my daughters and seing the grand Bells was just the ticket to make me feel better!
I love this picture because each one shows their personality so well in it.

We were all surprised when we came out of the restaurant and it had been raining!
They headed back to Dallas and Louis Dean and I headed to Coppell.


Meet Leo - he's a 16-year old Cornish Rex and belongs to my friend Lynn and her husband......
and he is precious!! They are moving to Florida in just a few short days and he will be flying with Lynn and in his own seat!


They gifted us with their beautiful patio furniture and we were there to pick it up.
Look how gorgeous it is!
We decided to put it on the driveway and I'm certain we will be using it a lot!
I am so excited!
New driveway and now this!
Summer has contninued to work magic around here and so many things are getting done - and I am so grateful!


Look who came over this evening to pick up a goody bag of fruitcake cookies!
Kimmy is so sweet and she hugged on Samantha.
She's always saving containers for me and had a bag full plus some dog treats for the ranch dogs from Mr. Jackson who frequent the gate as come and go. A hard treat as we open the gate and a soft treat as we close it.
She and her mother, June, are going to come visit as soon as the weather cools off to tour our Fall Home and sit on the driveway with us for a snack or a meal!


Tabitha and Samantha seem to be settled down her at home again - but with a few changes.


They snubbed the egg I give them and even refused the cream cheese!


I ordered them the same kind of treats that Amber uses along with a new catnip toy......and they still seemed unimpressed.

The living room is one of my very favoites and here she is all gussied up in her fall wardrobe!


It's a little much - the way I decorate - for most people, but I love every bit of it!


This is what Louis Dean sees when he is sitting on the end of the sofa while we do our reading in the mornings - unless we are sitting out on the kitchen deck.


This room glows year round but it's even prettier in the fall.





The $15 big chair and ottoman on the right is my 'throne.'
Louis Dean sits at the end of the couch closest to the chair.


I love the decorating and dressing and then I love just being here looking at it all.
I had a saying I used to tell people when they came over......

"It's a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here! But I love it!"

I heard locust today. Every day I wonder if this will be the last one...


16 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I love every bit of your decorating Linda!! It's so warm, filled with love and charm!!

Kathy said...

You have had a full schedule the last few days. No wonder you are tired. Summer is a blessing for sure. I hope she is feeling better and not pushing herself too much. Your decorating is uniquely you. And so beautiful. As Anni said above it is filled with warmth and charm. Hope you are feeling better.

Vee said...

What?! The last locust or the last day. Don't be doing that to me. šŸ˜µ‍šŸ’«

Your decorating is šŸ’«you.šŸ’« It looks like a beautiful fairytale book and I very much enjoy seeing it.

Those grands are growing so fast.

Love the new patio furniture and hope that you spend many happy hours of an evening there.

Yay, Summer! So glad that she is able to do all that she is helping with.

Deanna Rabe said...

Family is the best!

I'm glad you are learning to pace yourself, so you don't burn out!

I love the way you decorate for you! That's exactly what we should do.

What a lovely gift that patio furniture is. You and Louis Dean will enjoy it for many years.

MadSnapper said...

warm and bright and cozy, your room is YOU! i thought the cat in your lap was a dog until you said it is a Cornish Rex. I love the dress you have on in that photo. it is good news you are taking a little time off and let one end of your candle burn out for a while.. that patio furniture is devine. love it...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Everything is beautiful! It all fits and works together to make a warm and lovely home. You do so much more than anyone I know! Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Your home is warm and cozy! I love your fall decor! Have a great day!
Beth J.

Changes in the wind said...

Had to do a double take on the picture of the quads, they look so mature! How lovely the patio furniture is and I know you are thrilled to have it. So glad that Summer is feeling better and able to help you there at home and what a sweet gift to wake up to.

Debby said...

Such a fun life. I hope you are feeling better.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think it's those wonderful family and friends that keep us going even when we don't feel so good. Just try to remember to take it easy and rest when you need to.

Bluebird49 said...

Are the kitties missing their kiddos?!
Sure sorry to hear about Jersey. šŸ’•šŸ™
Linda, I hope you are feeling better now. When will you have your surgery or did I miss it? I am praying you will feel better, I know it takes a lot to slow you down.
That patio furniture is a great gift!
Have a beautiful week, my friend! šŸ™šŸ’•

photowannabe said...

Linda, your decorating is so warm and inviting...
Just like you!!!
I'm glad you are finally realizing that you can't burn the candle at both ends ALL the time...
I sure can't keep up with you.
Your time with the Quads and all your friends are such precious memory builders.
Its always a joy to come and visit your blog.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your orange and white fall colored top! I just HAVE to check out this Bellz game! this is such a good picture of the Quads! Wow, your patio furniture is wonderful, and very expensive looking! As usual, your decorating is a lot, but at the same time it is inviting, cozy, and so lovely!! your kitties, when they don't want to eat that is not a good sign. Cats cover it up when they are feeling ill, so they don't get picked on in the wild. so they will still act normal. But they can't go more than three days without eating. Keep a close eye on them!

Arlene G said...

Linda, hope you are feeling better. You touch the lives of so many, you are an encouragement to me. And the Bell Grands are just growing like weeds. It is hard to believe they are the same little ones that came to your house once a week to spend the night. Love catching up with your family. Enjoy your new table and chairs...they look brand new.

Wanda said...

You Fall Decorations brings love, enjoyment and pleasure to all of us. No it's not to much..It's Linda...and that's why we love it.
Oh my....those grandbells...they are not children any more, but looking more and more like young men and women.
You are loved by those you know personally, and those of us, that only know you from your blog. But love is real in both cases. Heaven will be so fun to spend eternity with those we didn't get to meet personally on this earth.
The Lord loves decorations, or he wouldn't have heaven filled with silver, gold, glass, shinny things and beauty. He will probably put you in charge of that department.
Love and Hugs
A Fall Mug and a pumpkin scone would make my morning too! Will be looking the movie, as Don and I are always looking for a good one.

Carole said...

Our Molly is a fusspot about food - we give her Friskies surfin turfin (Purina) dry food (in a continuous feeder) and also tinned tuna ( the human kind in spring water NOT oil). But maybe they are just letting you know they are missing the loving they get at the Bells... Cheers