Monday, July 20, 2020

Just Another Beautiful Day in the Country!

It has been a relaxing day for me.
I did my housekeeping/nesting chores in the camper since it was too hot to spend much time in the front room. I did up the dishes and made up the beds. I cleaned my tiny little bathroom and lit a candle - even though a candle gives off heat and we don't really need anymore of THAT! I lit it anyway.
Plus I put on a sun dress, blow dried my hair and added a few dabs of make up.
I cleaned out our silverware drawer and just puttered around.


Louis Dean, on the other hand was chomping at the bit to go into Waco and buy lumber!!
He first went to the Home Depot in Bellmead and, when they didn't have what he needed, he went to the one on West Waco Drive. I knew he would get into trouble and he did.
He got lost. More than once.
He would call me and I would pull up directions on my laptop.
Then he would drive awhile and call me back.
We did this back and forth until he finally stopped at an intersection so he could tell me EXACTLY where he was. On the corner of W. Waco Drive and 11th Street.
He had been going the wrong direction.
At last he arrived and, once again, they didn't have what he needed.
He was wanting 10 foot long 6 inch wide boards but they only had 8 feet long.
So that's what he got.
It took him the better part of the day to do this errand but he came home in good spirits.
He does love a new project.
This time he is extending the deck and wrapping it around to the front one.
And putting in a gate.


As soon as Sherry got off work this evening, she was up here moving the dirt around.
He had two more loads of sandy loam soil delivered right before we got down here last week.


I went out and fed the horses some sugar cubes.


I have been neglecting them lately.


There are so many critters here on the ranch.


Last night I dreamed the ranch was a drive through safari park.....
complete with white buffalo and lions, and all manner of wild beasts!

Today was a good day!
Tomorrow will be even better since the high is expected to be 91!
And on Wednesday - 89 for the high!!
Cause for celebration after the last few weeks of HOT summer weather!!
Perhaps even a little rain.

If Texas summers could be like this week's forecast - I would be a bigger fan!!







16 comments:

Carole said...

Good luck in the heat... Cheers

Bluebird49 said...

Oh girl! It has been hot here, too, and we have mostly stayed inside in the (constantly running) air conditioning. Neither of us does well in the 108° heat index and the humidity is awful.
I feel for you and Louis in the navigating thing. I have to do the directing to Ed while he gets in the wrong lane too soon or, alas, too late! It is not a fun thing for either of us, but at least you all aren't letting it keep you from going. We, I find, are venturing out less and that was even before Corona,(otherwise known as B.C.), I guess. (Wonder if I could have used a couple more commas in that sentence?!) 😎 Lol.
It sounds like you are enjoying padding about, fluffing and prettying up. That's relaxing for you, and hopefully, keeping you out of the hot sun. I hope Louis is still being careful not to get heat stroke!💕
I've just noticed you posted last night and I missed commenting, so let me do that! My headaches have been worse lately, and I have been lax in my reading and commenting!

Carol said...

Oh it has been hot here too! I wish my husband was as motivated as LD with his projects. I have been asking for a new porch for years as ours looks like the Leaning Tower Of Pisa

Susie said...

Linda, I find LD getting lost scary. Ted said I give direction to whomever is driving and I do. But if I know the way....I tell his brother Mic when he sometimes drove us to Indy , cause he was always talking and would miss his exits. I think why not get in the lane you are going to need. LOL
This weather here has been Texas weather...too hot. We may get rain today. Ted mowed yesterday and I weed whacked. It wore us out. I try to sit out , but the air is too heavy. We took a small drive into town to mail letters and bills, then went thru the park. Not many people out. But I could hear kid voices from the pool area.That make me happy.
Take care in all that heat. Stay safe. Blessings, xoxo,love, Susie

NanaDiana said...

LOL about LD's sense of direction. John is the same way. He has NO sense of direction though and has a hard time following directions even when you give them to him. It has made for some interesting moments of travel-lol
Glad you have a bit of cooling weather!
Have a great day- xo Diana

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad you were able to give LD some directions and got him where he needed to be. And great he got home with such a good attitude too. Sounds like he is a determined man. Your cooler weather, is our hot weather. When we get close to 90. the heat gets me down and I stay indoors. Glad the a/c in your camper gives you a cooler place to be. It always amazes me that the critters never seem to mid the weather. Take care and keep cool as you can.

Vee said...

🦒🐅🐘🐆Bet you were glad to wake up and learn that you are not living in a safari park. 😆

Deanna Rabe said...

Your dream sounds exciting! Not sure how it'd be to live in a wild safari park! The animals might knock down LD fence to get to his garden!

I'm glad you both keep your spirits up when things go awry like getting lost!

Enjoy your 'cooler' weather. That's our HOT weather, and we have humidity also! Yikes!

MadSnapper said...

It's so hot here I try not to be outside any longer than I have to be as in I walk the dog and I take my walk and that's it the rest of the time I huddled in the AC I don't even want to get in the pool because the pool water is 92 degrees and it's 98 Degrees and you get in the 92 water and it's like swimming in warm pee

MadSnapper said...

Baby Sherry and Dean could make some extra money by opening for a drive-through farm animal safari. I would like to drive through and look at all the animals. Do they ride the horses or are they old horses that they just let them live their life out

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh Linda I was laughing when you were telling us about Louis Dean LOL, he sounds so much like my Louis.. exactly the same.. My Louis is currently building a small shelter house for our generator and he's already got new projects lined up in his mind for after... Eh, it keeps him busy and makes him happy....Been super hot here in SC too and doesn't seem to be an end in sight so I mainly stay indoors my body doesn't like the high heat much. I have so much to declutter in my closets but my body hasn't exactly been co operating the last few days so I guess it will have to wait..

photowannabe said...

I love those puttering days of fluffing and pretty-ing.
Yesterday started out that way for us but then Dave and I got into GO mode and began to declutter our spare bedroom. It had become the catch all and resting place for things we want to sell on Ebay.
The house was hot and the AC was cranking but PTL we got it done and the room is just about ready for son and family when thy come to visit in a few months.
We were pooped but what a satisfying feeling to see the floor and bed cleared.
Having a video conferencing "annual physical" with my Dr. in a short while. Such modern technology. At least it keeps me out of the hospital during this Covid 19 time. I know I will have to go to the lab for blood work but that's okay too. I feel just fine so it should be a very short visit.
Have another wonderful day at the Ranch.
Sue

Etta M said...

Hi Linda. Although I don't blog, I do follow a few. Your blog is so entertaining and well written that I feel as if I'm sitting and talking with you. You are inspiring. Also, your photos of salads are the most tantalizing I have seen. Thanks for sharing your life.

Wanda said...

What a wonderful day at the ranch. Love all the animals. Especially the horses right now, as Don and I have been hooked on "horse" movies of late. Watch one most evenings. Last night I said wish I had so popcorn, so today got me small packets of kettle corn...yeah movie time tonight with popcorn.

Isn't is funny how we can dream up something. I too love to fluff up things and light candles. Just makes a room to homey.
I've been drinking water with cucumbers, strawberries and lemon and it's so pretty in the glass. Taste good too.

Had to chuckle at Louis Dean' adventures getting lost. I'm the queen of making wrong turns and getting lost. Thankful now I have a app on my phone to get me out of those messes. HaHa

Judy said...

Well, for once our temp was higher than yours. It was about 94°F here yesterday. We finally turned on the AC! It has been cooler than usual here this July. I love that you are LD's 'map-lady'...his personalized GPS. I'm trying to remember what it was like before GPS.

Take care & stay cool!

Debbie said...

it sounds like the perfect day in your happy place!! the horses are beautiful, i enjoyed the closing quote!!