Monday, June 15, 2020

Nesting and Hockey! Our Monday!

Louis Dean spent much of this Monday hauling stuff to the curb.
He has come to the point that, at nearly 84 years of age, will he REALLY ever use THAT?
At nearly 72, I am right there with him! All the debris I have kept over the years.....the Bedazzler and leather things....they are all going to Goodwill. My debris is smaller than his. Hence the curb or the Goodwill. It feels good to cut things down to size - as I have been doing in the landscaping here at home. Ilene, our sweet neighbor from a few streets over, stopped by for a little visit on her walk tonight, and mentioned the fact that it is obvious I have been working in the flower beds. Thank you for noticing! While we were visiting, we recalled our music and dinner parties we used to host and lo, and behold, we talked another one into happening. Next Saturday!! I am so looking forward to it and am already thinking of dinner menus.....


While Louis Dean was hauling things to the curb, I was nesting in our bedroom.
I added the silicone dipped light bulbs to the candelabra.
After I took this pic, I washed the lamp laces and changed them up.
I do so love fluffing!


This is the prayer angel Summer gave me years ago.
Every morning I open up the scripture box and pull out the verse for the day.
Then I try to memorize it if I haven't already and meditate on it.
This weekend she gifted me with another prayer angel and I am taking that one to the ranch with me.
I have a different prayer box down there.

Louis Dean worked outside and I worked both in and out.
No pics of what I accomplished but suffice it to say - I am cutting back the jungle of grown cover - as in Asian Jasmine -both in the front yard and the back.

At 5:00 we both headed to our respective bathrooms and showered!
We had a hockey game to get to!


All the players have their last names on their jerseys - except the Bells.
They have their first initial and then their last name.


As in Kaily......


and Trystan......


That's Harrison on the upper right.
Logan was the goalie tonight and it was her very first time to play that position.


They haven't been on the ice during all the Covid thing.
Mike took two of them on Saturday and then the other two on Sunday just so they could get the feel of it again.


This little Crazy Pants Kailey came so close to making a goal.
They all did amazing since this was their first time back.


Granddad and the quads!
He used to hold all four at one time!
We are ever so grateful they are all healthy and strong and how much they love their Granddad!
They always will!


I close with MY pic with them ......
okay, so Kailey was in the bathroom!
You take what you can get!

It feels so good to be getting back to a semblance of normalcy.
Whatever it takes - I will go with it!!






17 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Oooh, I need to get things taken to GW or the dump, too! So much stuff. 😎
Good to see the kiddos. Good thing they don't all have first names with matching letters!
You're getting so much done, from Summer's visit, to Leighanne's birthday party and the quad's visit and then hockey game. You folks know how to get it done!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What sweet pics of each of you with the Quads. I can see the excitement in the eyes! I am trying to downsize our stuff as well.

Blondie's Journal said...

You never stop girl! I love those pics of your quads~~❤️

Jane

BeachGypsy said...

Wow they look like they are having a ball!! so glad you got to watch them! I love your angel, I have one similar but w/out the cards. Hope your week is going good so far!!

Susie said...

Linda, The quads are so big now. But granddad can hold all of them at the same time in his heart. I thank God they have the parents they do and such a loving family. Linda, we need to get busy throwing , hauling, giving away so much stuff around here. Ted dismantled his old grill and put it in the trash. It was falling apart. So we picked up a new Weber grill...it's his father's day gift. Glad you two wanted to get rid of things. You make me want to go right to the basement and start hauling things out of there. LOL. Blessings to all there, xoxo, Love you, Susie

Stacy said...

Oh what fun pictures with the grands! They look like they keep you on your toes. :) How nice that you all are going to have another dinner party and music night. That will be so fun. There are some old traditions like that I miss, but can't see them coming back. I'm glad you get to bring yours back. Have a blessed and wonderful day!

Vee said...

Doesn't look quite normal yet, but as you say, take whatever you can get. I am so glad that the Bells are doing some sports againπŸ’ No sports here, perhaps not until we vote this gov out on her keister.

I always enjoy your discussions of fluffing...that seems normal!

MadSnapper said...

They make the cutest hockey team ever I love that they have their first initial and their last name on their back cuz it would look funny if they had four with the name Bell on the back. I love your selfie with them and the mask

Changes in the wind said...

You are so funny, you start talking about a party and the next thing you know you are planning one clear down to the menu's. Look at that Bells out there on the ice!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I’m in my late 50’s and I’ve started to weed out things we don’t use anymore. I find many things we’ve kept because we had room to store them. My biggest keepers are books.

Hurray for hockey starting up again!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

No sports of any kind here yet. They haven't figured out a way to do it safely and many of my grands are missing them. Glad to see you all wearing masks. You need to be cautious when going out. Take care and be safe.

Arlene G said...

Yes, I am being more selective as well Linda...in purchasing and in getting rid of things. Love seeing the quads on ice!!

photowannabe said...

You certainly have more "normalcy" than we do here in Crazy political California.
I am wondering if Normal is ever going to happen.
Love all the things you do and that dinner party on Saturday will certainly be a highlight.
Love seeing the Quads into hockey again. How fun that you could all attend.
I think my big excitement for the day will be doing some bills and washing some laundry...
Be still my heart.. (:0)
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The local thrift stores in our area haven't all reopened, Linda, but I already have been putting together items to give away. It's not a lot, but every little thing mounts up. It sounds like LD is on a mission and you are as well. How nice that you will be hosting a dinner get together again. We all need that human contact with friends and family. Nice to see the photos of you both and the quads. I have a banada mask like LD's but too hot to wear it now.

Carole said...

How grown up they look int their hockey gear. Cheers

Wanda said...

Hi Linda. You man is unbelievable at 84! You must keep him young with your love and energy.
I have several Willow Tree prayer figures. I love them. I have what I call a blessing box that is full of blessings and verses.

What a nice neighbor hood you live in and knowing your neighbors is wonderful.

Have a wonderful evening. Hugs.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, quadruplets. These are your grandsons?