Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Monday Blessings and Happy 10th Birthday to Rayne!!

It was a blessing to wake up Monday morning to so much LIFE in our home!


The kids stayed another night since they were not ready to go home and WE were not quite ready for them to leave either. Win! WIN!!!



For our brunch we had a Tea Party!!!
I am having a hard time adjusting to the new blogger format and getting my pictures on.
Instead of a collage - I will just tell you we had buttered brioche bread sprinkled with raw sugar, fresh strawberries. chocolate marshmallow cookies - my favorite - Twinkies! - the first time the kids have had them and when Harrison bit into his, he exclaimed, "WHAT is IN this??" He LOVED the cream filling!!
Ham and gouda cheese rounded out the tea.


Then it was back to the sewing room to finish up all their projects - and there were many!


Creativity is seldom tidy!


I LOVE this pic! Would you believe they went through THREE bobbins of thread in 2 days??


I upgraded Logan's sewing basket to a bigger one!


She sewed more than the other three combined.
I was not one bit surprised!
This is a book she is making for a sweet baby friend.


And she added some trim to the bag she sewed on her birthday right after she opened up her sewing machine.


Trystan was industrious and I do not manage to get all the pics of her projects uploaded.


She made her first quilt and this is the backing.
It's for her stuffed animals.


Bookmark for her mommy's birthday.....


In the end, all four wanted their own sewing baskets.
I gave Harrison the metal Singer box for his.


They had a great time sewing!!!


Then we went outside to do sidewalk chalk our sweet neighbors gave them.
Kailey was out there strumming her guitar!


I brought a watermelon out there and cut it up!
No better way to eat it than that!!


I had video but lost it someway!
Grnaddad sang to Kailey and Kailey sang back to him!



We were back in the house playing a game which Aunt Deanie bought them!
Pretty fun and we will be playing this again!

Mommy and Daddy arrived to pick them up and they were ready to go home.


Our traditional Goodbye!!!

They left around 6:00 and Louis Dean and I went back out to work in the front yard.
It's way past the stage of an English Garden and was bordering on an unkept jungle!
No pics......we were too busy working and you would not want to see them anyway.
We went to bed on the early side and slept well and late.

I must admit to being a bit nostalgic at waking up this morning with no grandchildren in the house.
No one to climb  up on my bed and visit with me as I sipped my morning coffee.
I miss their laughter and energy and the sheer fun they bring to our lives.
The giggles as they chase the kittens and the conversations between the four of them.
They have such good manners and were such a pleasure and blessing to us this weekend.
I am so grateful to be their MeeMAW!!! 
Even if it does sound like I am a donkey!!

My Tuesday was spent in putting the house to rights and doing some laundry.
Usually we find several items the kids have left behind......it was a tiny bit sad to find only one of Logan's socks. They are getting good at packing their things up!
Still, I smiled as I vacuumed up the bits of thread left behind in the sewing room.


This is the kitty house we bought on Amazon.
The litter box slides neatly inside and the door opens flat for doing 'poopy scoop chores.'
The kitty kennel is back in the guest room and the kittens are doing so well.
Tomorrow we have vet appointments with the vet Amber and Mike uses.
Keeping it all in the family - we will roll up with FOUR cats at our appointment!
They come out to the vehichle and take each one in turn and return them.
All the Covid precautions are still in place - in spite of the protests that are going on throughout the country including Irving, Texas.

Louis Dean and I went out on this 100 degree day - in the shade of the late afternoon - and worked on the flower beds some more. Even though the temps were high - the humidity must have been low because it was a very pleasant evening here in North Texas.


I close tonight wishing our granddaughter, Rayne, a very happy birthday!
She turned 10 years old this afternoon!
She is in Puerto Rico but there was a big party on Facebook today in her honor.


I am going to bed to night with a grateful heart for the good life God has given me.
Louis Dean and I will celebrate 15 years of marriage later this month.
What a blessing these years have been!

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Amen and amen!
I am so grateful......

14 comments:

Deanna Rabe said...

What a great time you had! My granddaughter Kamryn will be 10 in a few days!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great pics of the Quads! How on earth did you have enough sewing baskets for each of them? Hey, she is wearing a shirt with your blog name on it!!

Bluebird49 said...

I knew it was going to be fun! Thank goodness they still like tea parties, and sewing. I'm sure the
kitties are wondering where their children went.😍
Hope Rayne had a very happy birthday. It's been very humid and hot here.
I imagine you must be getting Benjamin's cat to the vet, if there will be 4 to take. 😻
Have a good week and weekend.

Kathy said...

This post just warmed my heart. What a blessing grandchildren are. (I'm a Memaw too!) I love that they had a tea party for their brunch. Now you have their next visit to look forward to. Be careful working outside in this heat. I am planning on going out early today before it gets too hot. We are supposed to have rain this afternoon and that should cool things off a bit.

Hootin Anni said...

You have kitties? Love all you do with your brands! They're growing up so quickly!

Hootin Anni said...

Auto correct on my phone changed grands to brands.

Estelle's said...

These indeed are precious days with grandchildren...they have grown up so very fast....all the years when you and LD entertained them as toddlers....such joy they can bring....it's all too fleeting...stay cool...such a hot summer so early in the season!

Vee said...

Wonderful days with the grands! Their smiles tell the story. Obviously, the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree with all that sewing and creating going on. I can't believe that Rayne is ten already. I say this of every single child in Blogdom. They seem to grow particularly fast. 🎈

Susie said...

Linda, I know that empty feeling when the grands leave. I used to cry every time Emma went back home. I miss her so much. No more crafting or staying all night...she's 16 and drives. I like that each kid wants to sew. That was the perfect sewing box for Harrison. I bet they were chattering in the car on the way home. :):) Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie
p.s. Happy Birthday to Rayne.

Changes in the wind said...

Those were wonderful sewing projects!! and what wonderful memories are being made.

MadSnapper said...

what a blessing the quads and rainy are to you and all of your family! And what a blessing you are to all of your family. And why would they not want to stay another day it looks like everyone was having a blast and I can't believe that they are so good at the crafts even though they have the best teacher in the

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That last verse on your post for today has been a favorite for years. I do believe when you delight yourself in the lord, he does give us the dishes of our heart. Like you I am blessed with a loving family and am thankful for them. The do make such a difference in how we live our days.

Cheapchick said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with the Grandkids. 2020 will be the year of sewers everywhere, inspiring young ones. It was kind of a lost art. Happy Anniversary!

photowannabe said...

My heart is so full just reading your journal today.
You are so blessed, Linda....wonderful husband, beautiful "children" and very, very, special Grands.
Your weekend sounds like something out of a Fairy tale...
what a fun time and those Quads are getting so good at their sewing projects.
I love the eating watermelon out in the yard. perfect for drips and maybe a seed spitting contest or two.
Precious memories.
Sue