Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A RUGGED Recycled Denim Quilt!


At long last I finished the rugged manly quilt for my step son.
(I used to call him my son in law and he finally said, "I think I would be correct in saying I am your STEP SON!) And a awesome one he IS! He lives in the country and has a remarkable life and an equally remarkable WIFE!


I used old denim jeans and a bedsheet for backing.


I 'quilted' it together by sewing the blue jean pockets on top.


I made a FULL size quilt and let me tell you - it is HEAVY!!
You will stay warm under this in the coldest winter Texas has to offer.


It is washed, dried, folded and ready to give!

I love recycling things! We hope to do a lot of that in our camper.


Louis Dean has been hard at work for a portion of every day out there!
He is having to replace the flooring in this area and it will be sturdier than the day it was built!


We took some time off yesterday to eat at Saltgrass Steakhouse!
If you don't know this - Louis Dean gets VERY excited about FOOD!!!


I liked the Texas Tea!
Yesterday we ate......



today we went to the movies!
Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith!
How could we go wrong with THAT combination??

Now we are back at work in the camper. I am deciding how to recover the cushions.
Amber tells me we don't have much time!
The babies are growing and 3 of the 4 have moved from the isolettes to cribs!

Harrison in his big boy crib and cute clothes!

He is so cute! They ALL are!
I think Harrison and Kailey look very much alike!

Don't YOU???? She was second to be moved to a crib.

Cute little Trystan was third!

I love how she arches that eyebrow at her mom!
Amber used to do that to me! As a matter of fact - she still DOES!!!

Only Baby Logan is in the isolette now.

Born at just 2 lb 6 oz. she has now reached 3 lb but remains the smallest.
Hard for these tiny babies to keep their body temperature regulated on their own.

These pictures are real incentives to get this camper repaired and fixed up to travel!
So that's where you will find us most days........out in there working!

17 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwww....the babies look so cute in their precious outfits! They are growing so fast. I'm sure y'all will be very busy with the camper, but all for good reason. Just think how nice it will be once it's ready too!

Luann said...

They really DO look alot alike.As do Trystan and Logan. Amber is going to have such fun with these four... Watch out teachers when they start to school. LOL $ Bells at a time will always be the talk of the town.

Luann said...

oops 4 Bells NOT $ Bells.

Deb said...

I bet your step son will love that denim quilt...if not I know a few others that might take it off his hands...lol...the babies are getting cutier and cutier...

Vee said...

Nice quilt! Rustic and masculine, too.

The babies are growing so fast. They are even getting a little pudgy, which I love to see. We're all chuckles here.

Angie said...

You are so crafty lady, I envy that talent of yours!!! My SIL has been doing my nursery all week this week and everytime she does something new I'm look "I wish I could do that." I guess some of us are just blessed with that gene!

Those babies are growing so fast. They all look so precious in their little outfits. Before you know it they will be heading home. What a beautiful day that will be.

Happy Wednesday friend...hope you have a wonderful remainder of the week.

Bev said...

You guys just never stop!! And you always have fun amist the work!! The babies are growing!

Pondside said...

They are really growing! You'd best work double time on that camper!

darlin said...

Wow, the babies are soooo adorable and are they ever growing! This is so awesome to see, what a true blessing!

Did you manage to get through all that ice tea? That's one huge cup!

The quilt is going to be super warm, I also did a queen size jean quilt made from old jeans, it was for my son. I spent some time at his place and he gave me the quilt to use and I ended up kicking it off, it was way too warm and I'm a person who gets cold easily, not with that covering me!

Have a wonderful weekend if I don't get a chance to chat again before then.

Cheers.

Zenserly said...

the babies are so adorable..wow, that quilt would really keep one warm on a cold day...you are great at recycling things...love to drink the tea with you..and yes view Will Smith :-)

Lynne said...

I missed your post, yesterday.
Happy Anniversary!
You two are truly a perfect example of Heaven on Earth!
~Lynne
w/L.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

You're workin' hard on the trailer. But good to take breaks too!!!!

"Wisdom Of The Ages", hu? :-))))

"Warm summer sun, shine kindly here.
Warm southern wind blow softly here."

~Mark Twain

Susie said...

Linda, I would love to kiss those sweet little cheeks. So tiny and cute. Take care of LD and yourself. Your daughter will be needing lots of help once the babies come home. Blessings to all of you, Susie

bj said...

Linda...I just tear up at how sweet and how well these babies have done. I am so proud of your Amber...she did good.

bj said...

Hey, girlfriend, if it's ok with you, I wanna use these photos for my PINK SAT. POST...or, are you doing one? If so, I'll do it for another party.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh the precious, precious images of your family's newborns!!! They just melt my heart. And how I wish I were there to let them grab my finger and just hold on while in their slumberland. Sweet sweet sweet.

As for the quilt....I LOVE this idea. But, alas, it would have to be The TEXANS team for me. lol

Carla said...

Girl you are too busy. I'll never catch up with you. You are constantly sewing and creating such cute stuff.Love the quilt.
I'm trying to catch up on my reading and I haven't posted in awhile but I'll get there soon.
Those little cutie pies are getting bigger.