Saturday, September 6, 2014

Making Music With My Friends!


Louis Dean was in heaven this evening!!
He had his favorite lady musician playing along with him tonight.
She brought a young man who plays the violin and we even had a good friend and neighbor who came to sing and listen!! It was lovely!


He chose the living room to play in this time as it is his favorite room of all.
Though it is small and we all had to 'dance' around each other - we made it work!
They played and I did dinner preparations.


It was a serve yourself Taco Salad bar.....a casual meal......


however, we DID eat in the dining room. This was our first fall meal at the table.
We ate and visited and loved every minute!


They returned to the living room to play some more.


Did you know that Roger Miller (of King of the Road and Dang Me) wrote River in the Rain?
This was written for the Broadway musical Big River which was based on The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. He won a Tony Award for it.


A snippet of Louis Dean singing Will You Love Me When I'm Old!
I have assured him that I WILL!!! Of course, that's a long way off! He's no where NEAR 'old' yet!!


Brenda singing a song she wrote.....


The ending again.....it was so beautiful I asked her to sing it once more!

There was cheesecake with blueberry topping for dessert.
All too soon it was time for them to leave.
We won't wait so long to do this again and hope to add even more musicians to the group.
I'm sure they will need to play in the den next time!


We took our glasses of wine out to the gazebo to bask in the glow of our evening!
It has been a wonderful Saturday!!

9 comments:

Susie said...

Linda, That sounds like a fun evening with friends. I know LD was loving it. You are a good hostess, making a nice meal too. Blessings for a great Sunday. xoxo,Susie

Vee said...

Very nice indeed...had to crank up the big computer for this post...haven't done that in a week! Yes, have more music nights...good music, fine fellowship, and a lot of fun.

Kelly said...

That sounds like a fun evening! If there is one thing that I've learned from you since reading your blog all these years, is that you know how to make the most of every day. I don't think a day goes by that you don't find some joy in. That is so nice!

MadSnapper said...

you had yourself a right proper jam session. what fun for all of you and your table looked so beautiful....

Linda said...

I'm jealous, what a fun evening!!! Brenda's voice and song was lovely! The food looked pretty darn good too :-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

It makes me happy just seeing, hearing, and reading about this! I had never heard "Will You Love Me When I'm Old" before! I really like it! Your buffet is out of this world!! You chose just the right meal. And the lettuce looks wonderfully fresh, we have not been able to get any good lettuce here all summer long. And you have inspired me to shop for more fall things!! I got an adorable little scarecrow whose legs hang down over the edge of whatever you put him on! I have an idea. Why don't you have this every season, and you will have your special decor out, so it can be a seasonal thing.

bj said...

how fun all this must have been. i so love times like this...
and your taco bar looks amazing...

Penny said...

This is what we call a 'ceilidh' in Scotland, making music and telling stories at home. Looks like a wonderful evening X

Carla said...

And The Chapman House was alive with Music!