Saturday, September 27, 2014

Back in Texas!



We said good bye to Colorado this morning and started for home.
'Home' is 775 miles away!


No more pictures of mountains or waterfalls or beautiful aspen trees!
Texas has a beauty all its own though.
I seem to have a tough time with cameras!!
This is my brand new one and the lens won't open all the way - OR shut!
LD fooled with it and got it to working again!
I promise I have not mistreated it!!


Rather than drive straight through, we opted to stop for the night in Dumas which is roughly half way! YIPPEE!!!!


A Roadhouse restaurant was just two doors down from the hotel so Louis Dean was a happy man!
He looks tired and I KNOW I am so I'm happy we will get a good night's sleep before driving on home.



No dessert but we did have coffee after dinner!


Shifting gears from vacation mode back to normal life.


13 comments:

Kathy said...

Welcome back to Texas. Glad LD is feeling better. That is a long drive. Have a good night and a safe trip home tomorrow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Bye bye to a great vacation! We all need a change from time to time, but normal life is pretty good too! Louis Dean's meal looks like the best of Roadhouse cuisine.

Gypsy Heart said...

I lived in Amarillo 10 years so I'm quite familiar with Dumas and that area. Can you believe how flat it is? :) Have you ever been to Palo Duro Canyon? It's south of Amarillo, near the city of Canyon. It's a small Grand Canyon and so beautiful!

Glad you're doing well ~ you're so cute! Will respond to your email, I promise.

xo
Pat

MadSnapper said...

happy to hear you are in your home state and will soon be home.. love the flag shot... when a camera does odd things, do what you do to your computer, the shut down restart... on the camera, remove the battery, hold it for a minute and insert... that restarts the computer that makes things work. hope there is nothing wrong with the new camera

Diana Ferguson said...

No place like Colorado! Such fond memories for us, too! Glad you are back safely into Texas, and a late Happy Birthday!

Hootin Anni said...

Indeed....that is way too long a drive in one sittin'!!
I must say I adored your Colorado trip, but then again, there is nothing like Texas. Have a safe trip home...

Susie said...

Linda, Give that man of yours a hug from me. He has been the best. Like you said he does look tired. Bless his heart. I know you are both going to get a big old welcome when you get home. You know those little ones missed you like crazy. You have some new memories of your time together . It was a great adventure. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie
p.s. Linda you look so cute in that picture.

Penny said...

Safe trip home C

Penny said...

Oops, that should have been a X, not a C! In a hurry as always! X

Kelly said...

At least you don't have to fool with the airport! I'm sure you had a very scenic route going home. I'd love to visit Texas one day too!

Sweet Tea said...

That is a l-o-n-g drive. Glad you were able to "break it up" some. Good to travel, then good to be back home.

Angie said...

Hope you all got rested up! Long drives are tough!!!!

Carla said...

I remember me and driving those long trips to colorado and Missouri boy they were tiring
I have never been to that Garden of Gods. Looks like an awesome place
hugs