Sunday, September 28, 2014

Home SWEET Home!!!




We are HOME!!!
I must say we are TIRED but so HAPPY to be HOME!!


I was so impressed with all the wonderful 'Rest Areas' both in Colorado and Texas!


It was a fun way to stretch our legs and walk around a bit.


I'm sure Louis Dean thinks we pack THIS MUCH stuff when we travel!


Weather info was right on!


The driving directions were helpful.
We avoided some construction and came in on Hwy 114.


We stopped at every single one!
Plus some McDonald's and various gas stations and truck stops.

Louis Dean was my Knight in Shining Armour!
While he was still suffering from his allergy induced asthma attack - he drove all the way home from Dumas! The reason we had to stop so much was I am once again battling a UTI.
I was miserable. I will be calling the doctor in the morning.
That awful infection is making me think it is a monster!
All the days I was taking antibiotics I think it was just hunkering down and let the medicine go right past. Then when the pills stopped - it reared its ugly self and roared at me!
It feels like WAR!!!

We drove up in the drive way and I walked straight in to take a hot shower!
LD unloaded EVERYTHING! Then HE took a nice long bath while I put things up and started laundry.


My sweet husband was a very happy camper tonight!
Now that we are home - his allergies/asthma has calmed down and he has his remote control, easy chair and a BIG TV AND a Dallas Cowboy Football Game!!!

During halftime he looked at me and said, "Now tell me again WHY we left our comfortable home?"


17 comments:

Deb said...

So happy you are home! Hope that UTI leaves soon!

Kathy said...

Oh no, not again with the UTI! I hope the doctor can find something that will finally get rid of it for good. Welcome home! I've enjoyed your trip but there's no place like home!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry you are sick again! I battled with it for many years. Have they taken a culture? I hope they find something that helps...maybe get referred to a urologist, this is all they do and they are very good at it.

Penny said...

Sorry to hear you have another UTI. No fun atall. X

Susie said...

Linda, You and LD are tough. Both of you suffering on the way home like that. I hope you both get well soon. I did love LD question...so funny. We all love to travel but it's good to get back home. Take care of each other. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Kelly said...

So true! There's no place like home. Glad to hear that you made it back safely. Sorry to hear that you're battling a UTI though. That is so uncomfortable. Drink lots of cranberry juice and take a warm bath. Hopefully, your doctor can get you cured!

MadSnapper said...

so glad you are home safe and i hope the doc will see you today and give you some mega meds... so sorry you had that while on your trip... but in all the pics you posted you both were smiling and having a great time....

Changes in the wind said...

Oh don't you know that is the best part of traveling....going home:) Sorry you both didn't feel well but glad it was towards the end of your trip.

Jan said...

When we were young, I hated for vacation to end, but now I'm really happy to get home, no matter how much we've enjoyed the vacation! Hope you can get this UTI cleared up for good.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hope you got in to see your Dr. today and are back on an antibiotic. Bet it was great to be in your own bed last night. Hope you are both feeling better.
Joy

Carole said...

How terrible for you - I used to find that lots of black coffee and then cranberry juice was helpful to flush the system out. Take care

Vee said...

Nooooo...you both got sick traveling! Well, of course, the answer to Louis Dean's question is that you travel so you can remember how much you love your home. I am glad that you are there and I hope that you were able to see your doctor and get some good, effective meds.

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad you got home and had a good time - hope you have the UTI taken care of - I hate those.

Judy said...

I'm smiling...at LD's closing remark! Glad you are safely back in your 'haven'!

must love junk said...

Although I love traveling, it's always so great to come home!! Hope you both are feeling your best soon :)
Susan

bj said...

O so sorry you both weren't feeling all that great on your trip. And, yes, HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS....we always love to get back...to our chairs...our bed...our fridge...hahhaa...hope you get that ole UTI totally GONE.

Gypsy Heart said...

There's nothing like being in your own bed! You do have to get the heck outta Dodge now and again though. :) So glad you had safe travels and I hope that both of you are feeling great again!

xo
Pat