Sunday, January 7, 2024

First Weekend of 2024!

Life has been good to us this first week of January 2024!
So many of our friends and loved ones have been ill with one thing or another but we have steered clear of any kind of illness so far.

Louis Dean has been so happy and I do believe isolation is agreeing with him.
He seems to think better when it's just the two of us although he does love visiting with Dean and Sherry. Dean has been down for this entire week but is recovering now, thank the Lord.

As I write tonight's journal entry, it feels like I've had three Saturdays in a row!
Sherry is off on Fridays so she and I went into Waco to do some errands leaving Dean to rest and my Louis Dean to putter around and have some alone time.
Now that he has his cell phone, he is more comfortable with me being gone for awhile.
Now if I could just remember to make sure it's ON before I leave, we would be good to go!

We have had a lot of rain so Dean and Sherry both have left their trucks up  here.
The camper/cabin is on the highest point of their property.
The mops came up to greet us and then to see us off!
They are such good dogs!

I dropped mail off in Mart and then we decided to eat first once we got to Waco.


The Olive Garden was our restaurant of choice and it was delicious!
I have been wanting to buy new carpet for the camper and Sherry found the perfect place.
We tried two others on our way but I am glad I waited and didn't settle for simply what would 'do.'
Sherry had a 'feeling' about the one she found on Robinson Dr. in Waco.


Meet Steven Nagy - General Manager of Waco Restoration and Remodeling LLC
located at 2324 Robinson Dr. Waco, Texas 76706
254-752-1133
Email is: stonemountaincarpetllc@gmail.com

We went in and right off the bat - I loved this guy!
He is so much like my son, Benjamin, that it was uncanny!
I was hanging on his every word and wish I could have recorded our conversation.
He asked what I was looking for and after I told him he assured me he had EXACTLY what I needed!
His voice, laugh, mannerisms, work ethic, and strong quiet confidence so totally matches my Benjamin!

What a blessing God gave me!
I have already added him to my prayer list and will be sending him a thank you card for being such a help and giving me a really good deal!

I can absolutely recommend him for any flooring needs you in the Waco are might have.
And please tell him that Linda Chapman sent you!

They loaded my 12X18 remnant - encased in plastic since we had more than a little mud on our tires - and we were off to do our other errands.
It was close to 5:00 when we got back to the ranch and we were tired but it had been a good day!


Friday night's sunset was beautiful!

Saturday was another good day and I worked in the camper for awhile.


This is where Louis Dean sleeps.
The bed takes up most of the room and I have a hard time getting in and out of it so I sleep in the girl bunk most nights.
I made that huge Texas denim quilt for Louis Dean's birthday one year.
never have got around to sewing the white star on the blue area.


The camper is a 2000 Wilderness and most of the lights no longer work so I have to be creative in lighting the rooms.
I had these LED lights outside around the pond but decided they would be put to better use in here.

Saturday was like visiting day from the critters!

 

Mama cat came up to eat.
I put out the remains of our chicken and rice dish and she scarfed it right up.


Her 'babies' are all so much larger than she is!


The ducks came up for the second day.....


I love seeing all the critters.
I was down at Dean and Sherry's the first day we got here but it's been muddy ever since so I haven't visited the peacocks and other critters yet!


Louis Dean's 'thinker' is working really well and he's been making some big improvements since we arrived.


Just as I was about to stuff some denim strips up along the top of this outside wall -
he decided to finish the wall off with wood trim along with insulation behind it.
And so he did!

Just as I took pics of the bathroom - we have changed quite a bit around!
Nothing stays the same for long around here!


My art table is set up and I have several projects ready to go.


Last night's sunset.

Today (Sunday) seemed like yet another Saturday!
We went to bed early on and woke up late this morning.
Every night we are getting 10-13 hours of sleep!
That includes one to two hours of reading in bed.


The only photo I took today was the tuna salad sandwiches I made for lunch.
We ate so late in the afternoon that I haven't fed us again.

Louis Dean has been working in the bathroom on the opposite wall and I have been decoupaging chicken and rooster calendar pages to the bathroom walls!
Plus I painted dome and I even opened up my word docs and wrote the first part of chapter 30 of my book. Slowly but surely I am getting it done.

We are going to be here at least another week and that makes me so happy!
We could stay here for months and keep busy doing this and that.
One good thing about us is that neither one of us are ever bored.

Wishing you all a wonderful new week!


And how 'bout them COWBOYS???



14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. So glad that you and Louis Dean are enjoying your time in the country and that your 2024 is off to a good start. Praying that this is a good year for all! See you again soon!

MadSnapper said...

I am wondering why you don't stay longer since you both love it and LD does so good there. so happy your year is off to a good start and pray it continues all the way through the year. what a great story about your lookalike son.. can't wait to see the carpet, be sure to take photos. is is for the country home? hug all the critters for me with extra hugs from me to the MOPS. they are so beautiful. sorry Dean has been sick, hope he is better today

Estelle's said...

What a lovely start to the new year....your heart is at the ranch and it seems to restore both of you to energize and refresh....the country in Texas can do that! As always thank you for sharing the days of your life...hugs and blessings!

Alicia said...

Yes! How bout them Cowboys. Nice to meet a Cowboy fan. You little home is so cozy.

Deanna Rabe said...

I love how much you and Louis Dean both love life! Its such a good, positive way to live. Deal with the hard, but focus on the good!

I've always loved the Cowboys, so hurray for them!

photowannabe said...

I'm so glad that Louis Dean's "thinker" is thriving down there at the ranch. I agree that the quietness and his projects are just what the doctor ordered.
Glad you will stay another week..I do hope it can be longer. Its good for both of you.
Happy painting and puttering.
Sue

Rita said...

Loved seeing and hearing all the critters coming to visit!
Glad Louis Dean is doing well there.
Always looks so cozy in your homes! :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Sounds like a perfect start to your year.

Debbie said...

a grand start to the new year...what could be better!! i was sick for more than 2 weeks, i think everyone in new jersey is sick yet chuck never got it!! we have been in a little bit of an isolation more in this new year and we have been wearing our masks more.

chuck and i love olive garden's soup, salad and breadsticks. also their chicken scampi is divine!! that's a sweet picture of you and mr. steve, you take really awesome pictures!!

such a beautiful sunset, a gorgeous quilt and ld works great!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy New year to you both, Linda, and glad to read that you are both having a wonderful time at the ranch. Also good that you and Louis Dean have stayed well despite others being ill. Staying isolated together isn't a "bad" thing as we did that during the recent holidays, by choice, and had a wonderful time watching old movies, snacking, and wearing jammies...life is good!

Susie said...

Linda, Seems you and LD are resting and still getting things done. Oh I smiled at the picture of you and carpet man. You seem like me, when someone does a good job and doesn't try to flim-flam you...you just want to hug them. If I get quick and good service over the phone, I tell that person they are my hero for that day. LOL Blessings, stay dry there. xoxo,love you, Susie

Mrs.T said...

Happy New Year, Linda! I enjoyed reading this post and catching up with you and Louis Dean. I hope to do better in 2024 about keeping up with reading some of my favorite blogs!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are never bored…enjoying life and making the most of every day! I think your retreat on the ranch suits you both perfectly! Enjoy the rest of your stay and many blessings in 2024.

Anonymous said...

Oops. Anonymous is Judy @ My Front Porch.