Monday, March 1, 2010

The thrill of the HUNT....





....that's what I like about shopping thrift stores, Goodwills, Salvation Army stores, consignment shops, garage sales, flea markets! Sometimes I just KNOW there is a treasure just waiting for me to FIND! I have shopped the 'Goodwill's' since the 1970's when we took a family vacation to Colorado and found upon checking into our hotel.....that we had left Summer and Jesse, Jr's suitcases in their bedrooms! Poor kids! The next morning we hit the Goodwill's in Manitou Springs.....and have been 'Goodwilling' ever since! I have found wonderful things all over the country....from Hawaii to Seattle to California to New England....and right here close to home! I take my Mother to the beauty shop every Friday and often we stop at McCart Thrift Store right off of I20 and McCart. Two Fridays ago I hit a goldmine of 'finds'! My Mother actually spotted the KING size comforter before I did and then I located in a separate part of the store the two matching king size pillow shams! The comforter was priced at $9.41 and the shams were $1.91 each! A great set for around $15!! As we were admiring the comforter a man was trying to get past us to look at a fur cover. He looked it over and walked away.....and I put another fabulous find in my buggy!! A full size fake fur cover.....really heavy and perfect for my husband...for $14! To complete our shopping spree I found a gorgeous fall wreath and a heavy wire pumpkin decorated with amber glass beads! Beautiful! These are stored away to be exclaimed over anew when I pull out my fall decorations next September! Wonder what I will find next?? And WHERE I will find it??

No comments: