Wednesday, August 7, 2024

We are Home and Tuesday Treasures!


I'll start  tonight's journal entry with a few photos Jesse took of us.


Louis Dean loved sitting out on the deck watching the critters and flowers.


Louis Dean has learned to take pics without snapping dozens in one punch!


I'm so glad I went out in the creek!

We left the cabin at 7:07 Monday morning and arrived home at 7:07 that evening!
Louis Dean went straight to watering and I put the house in order.
While Louis Dean pretty much went straight to bed, I ended up with insomnia and didn't get to sleep until 4:30 Tuesday morning - 24 hours since I woke up!

Still, I love my Tuesdays with Brenda and we met up at Texas Thrift.


I'm s sucker for signage!
The two place mats are now on the table for two in the kitchen - and they go so well with the tablecloth in there. As for that cute little hat - I took the tag off and put it on when I shopped Aldi later.


One can never have too many books!


I think this stylish top will go perfectly with a couple of slacks Nita gave me.


I imagine I will be wearing this top often!


I am a lover of pillows and have no earthly idea why.
The two matching ones are for the two white barstools I rescued from off the curb across the street.
Louis Dean cut the legs down and I put chair covers on them and am using them in the dining room until I can find better ones.The cushions soften the hard wooden seats.
The third one is for my sewing room chair. Again, another hard wooden chair.
The fall colored tablecloth was just $2 - I've retired several in my collection due to their age and some have faded and some I just don't like anymore.
In the back is a spring table runner which I have packed away until next spring.


Nothing lasts forever and Brenda found this treasure that will replace my older pair!
Plus - she found another one for her - just like this but longer!
I swear I am shrinking more and more. Yesterday I wore a dress Brenda gave me from Hawaii - and it touches the floor now when it used to NOT!


Last of all - a beautiful poncho much like the one I bought in New Mexico.


While I am so not a 'morning person' I do love my quiet time on the kitchen deck.
There's always something beautiful to see - like this butterfly.
We can't linger long outside, though!
Triple digits are here for the forseeable future.


Louis Dean has been doing an amazing job cleaning up our back yard.
I have to keep my eyes on him so I marched out there and said, "Young man! You get right in this house and go straight to your room until I tell you to come out!"
He got a good laugh out of that but he did come in.


This is the last of Sanford and Son!
Step by step!


I've been decorating for fall for a few weeks and finished up the den today.


I set up a puzzle table and Louis Dean sorted all the straight edges for a puzzle and now he's putting the frame together.
Around 8:00 we went out to water. I walked next door to water for Stephanie and LD did the front and then the back here.

I watched some of the Olymics today - the Artistic Swimming - so tonight Louis Dean suggested a western. John Wayne of course! McClintock for the win!
I'm getting to the point that I have it memorized!

Only 23 days until September First!!!





 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You found great things at the thrift store and I think that blue plaid is going to be a great color on you! The poncho is lovely too!

You and LD are a great team! McClintock is one of my favorites!

Deanna Rabe

Ginny Hartzler said...

You made a fall tree! It is so glittery and beautiful! And your bee/sunflower painting header is awesome! I would buy it if I saw it in a store. I love signs, too, and have a big box of them and change them out. I am still doing my fall decorating; it will take me a couple weeks. I used to be able to do it in a day or two!

MadSnapper said...

artistic swimming is what bob has been watching the past hour. they sure are good. the men track was really good yesterday and the men that are USA were a sight to see as they picked up speed. it has been a good sitter for bob, something on all day. love the paunch o
I hate when I get insomnia, mine is using my mind racing with scenairos.
I seem to go to sleep better if I nap during the day but only for 20 minutes, a long nap keeps me up. glad you are safely home and your fall tree is done.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you had such a good trip and got home safe and sound. You sure are making happy memories!

photowannabe said...

Love everything about your post and all the treasures you found at the Thrift shop. You always work so hard to get your home in order and I love the pictures of your knight in shinning overalls.
Sue

Anonymous said...

So glad to see y'all are home safely and Linda, I love that picture of you barefooted in the creek, so fun! You're a real Country Girl for sure! Those books you got look good, i have quite a few Francine Rivers, need to get started on those. You got some goodies at the thrift store, LOVE THAT HAT!! The backyard project is sure shaping up, no more Sanford and Sons!! ha ha LOL.

Anonymous said...

me, debbi at debbisfrontporch, not anonymous, LOL LOL

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I loved all of these photos and your story to go along with it. Loved the photos at the cabin in the creek, etc., How I'd love to wade in a mountain stream once again. I love the Cold water and the rocks are always so interesting. You certainly found some great stuff on Tuesday. Love the poncho and that blue plaid (is it flannel? I love flannel shirts). Size 2? Yikes! You ARE a tiny little girl! LOL. I guess I won't be asking for any of your hand me downs! LOL. Love the sunflower painting for your header. And oh my, is it time to decorate for fall? I've been thinking about it in the back of my mind, but usually wait until September after Labor Day. Right now it's just too hot to even imagine Fall. But I do look forward to it every day. I enjoyed this and the butterfly video and everything about this post. Thank you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda! I always love see your Tuesday Treasure thrift store finds! So fun! I saw some of your pictures from New Mexico on Facebook - looks like a lovely getaway for you and LD. I hope your temps cool down soon. We are still very hot here in Utah too, although now just in the high 90s instead of triple digits. You and LD enjoy the weekend. See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

You inspire me to get the Fall things out and replace the summer decor. We don't have the temperatures that you get but it's still too warm for comfort. I love love love FallđŸ’—đŸ’—đŸ’—

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I loved all of your thrift store finds. Your fall tree is beautiful. I would love to do something like that but our dog would make it into a play toy. :)

Donna said...

I love Rio Bravo and The Quiet Man...Wayne was one in a million!
Your Fall Tree is beautiful!
Glad you are home, safe and sound!
hugs
Donna

Susie said...

Linda, I love the pictures. I think I am shorter too. Yikes, I felt like I really wasn't done growing taller and now I am growing shorter. LOL. Crazy for the rack that LD put up for the ladders and such. Oh that sweet butterfly flitting around to feed. Blessings, love you guys, xoxo, Susie