Thursday, August 15, 2024

Tuesday Treasures, Wednesday Dinner Party and a Pamper Louis Dean Day!

Tuesday Treasures!
Louis Dean was happy with the things I found for him....
three Wrangler short sleeved snap western shirts...a pair of pajama pants...bath salts ...and a book on Trump! Win! WIN!!
Brenda gave him a biography of  Carol Burnett and he immediately started reading it!


He was a happy camper!


I found some treasures, too...
a sheet for a quilt backing, candle lamp, brand new candle, red plaid runner for Christmas AND a Chico's red sweater that matches one Brenda has!
Last week she found Chico's black pants for both of us - so at Chrristmas we can be Twinkies!

After thrifting two stores, Brenda and I had our weekly lunch and visit at Chick-Fil-A nefore I shopped Aldi for a few things I needed for Wednesday's dinner party.


Louis Dean can't 'play outside' until the sun starts going down!
While I watered he pulled grapes from the stems....Nita taught me to do this so you can eat them easily.


We have visitors of some sort every morning and yesterday it was this gorgeous 'snake doctor.'


That's what Louis Dean calls them.

We had our morning reading time on the deck and then it was time for me to start prepping for the dinner party. I made potato salad, baked beans, cream cheese corn....and ribs and pepper poppers.

Right before I showered and dressed - 


I made a pitcher of cocktails.
My plan was to make blueberry/laendar mojitos - but no lavender - so I improvised.


I'll never be able to duplicate it - but it was good!


Cocktails at 4:00 and that's exactly when our guests arrived.
Bernie is Joni's husband and Joni is Nita's sister-in-love.
Nita married at 14 so she and Joni literally grew up together and loved each other like sisters....
and they love each other still.


My fall table all set.


Pepper poppers are a must!


Son Dean's smoked BBQ ribs were a big hit!!


Joni outdid herself with this huge homemade strawberry shortcake!
SO delicious!


I've been forgetting about taking pictures lately so I wanted on of Mike and me....
He's so tall I had to stand on a stool and we were the same height.


It was a magical evening.
Mike, me, Louis Dean, Joni, and Bernie.


And our sweet neighbor and friend who is like family - Ilene.

We lingered long at the table and visited and Louis Dean entertained us with some of his stories.
Bernie was looking around at how full my walls are and was talking about how he had several really large paintings he could hang to make a gallery wall for their home.
That's when I noticed a bare spot on the wall. The nail was still there but the picture was gone.
Disappeared! It was a mystery.


This morning Louis Dean found the picture in his room although he does not remember taking it down.
We play Scavanger Hunt a lot!

Today was a Pamper Louis Dean day!


Pedicures for both of us plus a manicure for him!

Since it was 103 degrees today - we put on a movie when we got home.


I've been writing in the den so I could watch it with him and it is just now over so he escaped out to the back yard before the last credit rolled!

I'm going to the kitchen to 'fix' dinner - which will be super easy since it's leftovers from last night - including generous portions of the amazing strawberry shortcake Joni left for us!


And I am so grateful to have BOTH!!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good friend, everyone loves you, dear Linda!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It was like a birthday for Louis Dean! What is this snake doctor? It is so huge that I thought it was a garden decoration! Is it a dragonfly?

Chatty Crone said...

I wondered what the snake doctor was too. Looks like you both found a big haul there. Dinner looked delish.

Debby said...

Well there you all go again - more fun at Linda and Louis Deans house! 🏡
Everything looks great.

MadSnapper said...

Snake doctor is what the people in Kentucky called dragonflies. love LD western shirts. I am betting the photo that disappeared into his room was one of YOU... he probably saw it and wanted it. all that food looks so good. and a couple of the men better be careful walking under the fan.

Changes in the wind said...

Love the new picture on your post and what a special time with friends and family.

Susie said...

Love the picture Linda. LD likes that pampering it seems. I tell people all the time, that blood isn't all that makes families, love does too. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

Donna said...

Sounds like you all had a fun time!
hugs
Dona

Wanda said...

Hi sweet Linda. It's been a while since I've commented but always visit. I'm not such a good blogger anymore, but I did post a few pictures of our granddaughter's wedding last week.
Love all your pictures and activities, and do keep you and LD in our prayers. Hugs.

Deanna Rabe said...

I've never heard of dragonflies being called Snake Doctors! You learn something new every day!

You've had an excellent summer and September 1st is only 12 days away!

Debbie said...

you have such a full life linda, i always feel happy after reading your posts. i do have to go back to the beginning before i comment, i can't quite remember ever half of what i read, you are so busy. ld always looks so happy, you bought nice things for him. your dinner party sounds amazing, you serve wonderful meals. i have a feeling that your home feels very cozy!! i enjoyed the pictures and the meme...i am also lucky to have both!!