Friday, August 30, 2024

My Knight in Shining Overallls.....

 Wednesday Louis Dean and I went to Home Depot and dropped $300 on lumber and nails and such for a deck in between two garden areas in our back yard.


I am so impressed with Louis Dean's ability to DO this!
He had to plan and measure and figure the materials he needed and design this deck and make it happen! I am beyond impressed with his ability to do this!
May I never underestimate what he can do!!


There may have been an 'OOPS' moment - but he figured it out!


He prefabbed it and had a plan.....


It was dark when he stopped last night but he knew what he was doing.....

 Today he was back at it and did a great job!


My hero!


Doing projects like this is good for him!
He's doing what he loves to do and it feels good!


No matter the cost of materials - It is worth every single cent for him to complete a project!


And it's a Win! WIN!! for me!!


 He's pretty amazing!!!


I absolutely LOVE my Knight in Shining Overalls!!

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I want photos when it's all done, and ones from aways back so I can see where it is! YES, he is amazing! He is a carpenter, a plumber, so many things!

Anonymous said...

He is amazing! You are lucky girl, Linda!

Debby said...

I’ve always liked men who can build and make things. My husband, my Dad - they don’t make men like that anymore. You definitely have your Knight in Shining Overalls!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, LD is pretty amazing for sure!

MadSnapper said...

the deck is beautiful and he is amazing. he is blessed with good physical health to be able to get up and down and crawl and do all that it takes. it is amazing he did the math for building it.. well done and he is a super Knight in shining overalls. and sometimes cammo overalls. ha ha

Changes in the wind said...

Amazing for sure!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! I think most men like to be working on projects...I know my hubby does too. I love what he's making and you will enjoy it so much this Fall!

Chatty Crone said...

He looked so happy and job well done.

photowannabe said...

You certainly have an amazing Knight in Shining Overalls!!
Crawling around on ones knees isn't for the faint of heart.
You are going to have another fabulous place to sit and enjoy God's Great Outdoors.
Can't wait for the finished photos.
AND... Tomorrow is YOUR BIG DAY ..I can't wait for that too.
Sue

Susie said...

Linda, Big hugs and kudos to LD. When you say he is your hero, I absolutely understand. My Ted was mine. Hiring others to do even that amount of deck would have cost way more than $300.
Blessings to all. Love you guys, xoxo, Susie

Stacy said...

Wow! He is definitely a "keeper" but you know that! I can't wait to see it done.

Carla said...

He is amazing. So glad he is so handy.

Anonymous said...

So great!

Deanna Rabe