Friday, August 23, 2024

Louis Dean is a Great-GREAT-Granddad!!!

 We are SO excited!
Our sweet great granddaughter gave birth to Louis Dean's first GREAT-great-granddaughter earlier this week.

Meet Aliyah!


She is a perfect 4 pounds, 15 ounces of absolute charm!


That's to be expected since her mother is just as precious!
As is the GRANDMOTHER!!
We are so proud of Chandy and her husband, Chris and their children, Piercyn, Bella, Jaxon and Kaitlyn!

Originally they thought she was having a baby boy - so I started a real 'BOY' quilt using dark denim squares and planning to quilt it with seams on the outside and I'd already cut the blue plaid fabric for the backing. Just as I was ready to sew it all together - Chandy told me it was to be a GIRL!


Switch of plans and I flipped the quilt top over and used the wrong side of the jeans instead.
To make it more feminine, I had a backing sheet of roses.
Then I decided to do hearts and criss crosses......


and discovered some lace pieces when we cleaned out a linen closet today so now I will put putting lace behind the hearts!

It's a work in progress - but you know the BEST thing about it?
Aliyah's middle name is ROSE!
Win! WIN!!!

This evening we had the nicest phone visit with Chandy and she told us all the beautiful details of the birth event! Plus we talked about memories and good times and it was just wonderful!

Earlier today I had a nice long phone visit with Summer and yesterday I talked to Amber and caught up with her!


Son Dean posted some old photos he's recently discovered and I can't look at this one of Sherry and Louis Dean without smiling!
We are missing being down there with them - but it's still too hot in Texas!

ALL of Louis Dean's labs came back good and I am so grateful for that!
Today he was 'handier than a pocket on a shirt!'

I cleaned our window AC unit last week and it was in dire need!
We run it at night and shut our bedroom door so we don't have to keep the entire house as cool as we like to have it while we sleep.
Since the fan is usually ON when I look up from my bed - I was shocked when I finally noticed how absolutely FILTHY it was.


My Knight in Shining Overalls to the rescue!

And then there was the linen closet in the hall......


He helped me sort and fold and I even filled a sack to take to Goodwill!
These are all tablecloths and runners, and such.


I'm loving all my fall things and will make a video tour on September First.
The entire house is decorated and the front porch.
Next week I will address the gazebo - no matter what temps!
I want to be ALL done by the first - which is just 8 days away now!


I've been making only one meal a day lately and then we snack for the rest.
Tuna salad hits the spot when it's hot outside and you don't want to heat the house up by using the oven.


I've been working on a special Santa painting for our granddaughter, Faith.
It's been a fun challenge and I am just one session - maybe two - from being done!
Then I'm doing a Santa for my grandson, Levi , which is a charcoal or pencil drawing.
Next will be one for Sam - my very first grandchild! He hasn't told me what he wants yet but there's still time. I want to gift them all by Thanksgiving so they can enjoy them during the Christmas season.

Watering daily is just barely keeping things alive although we have lost quite a few plants.
Louis Dean has the patience of Job so he was out earlier this evening doing that job.
I took him a glass of wine as we sat together on the driveway.


I made myself a Jalapeno/Cucumber margarita and joined him.


It's been SUCH a good day and what better way to finish it off than a good hot soaking bath?
When he came in from watering, I had his bath all ready with fragrant oils and lit candles!
I told him if it was wintertime I would have put towels in the dryer so he could have warm ones to dry off!

I love days like this!
He's now in the den watching an old John Wayne movie and I am going to close tonight's journal entry and take my shower and go to bed to read for a few minutes.
Louis Dean likes to say, "I'll give you a head start before joining you!"
Another Win! WIN!!


Goodnight from the Chapmans!
Only 8 more days to September First!!




18 comments:

Kathy said...

I look forward to your September 1st every year. You even have me celebrating September. Sounds as if you had the perfect day. Congratulations on being great-great-grandparents. Not many people get to see that honor. The quilt is beautiful.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the green Santa! Aliyah is so sweet, tiny, and beautiful!!! Well, for once I have my house done for fall before you!! But it takes me so long that I started before you did. I cannot WAIT for your video tour!! I hope there are closeups as well.

Anonymous said...

That was a good day! That bath looks good and relaxing. Congratulations on the new great, great grand! Sweetness!

Deanna

Donna said...

I don't know how you do all the decorating! It takes me forever just to decorate for Christmas! lolol
Glad LD is being so helpful!
Congratulations on the new GGbaby!! How wonderful is that?!!
hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

Such good news. Beautiful baby girl. Congrats. Brenda

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a precious and sweet baby girl! And I love that her middle name is Rose, as that is what our sweet daughter in love's name is, and I just love her and her name! And that quilt will be so beautiful and perfect for her! I can't wait to see your fall expose'. Loved all of this so much. You always amaze me with what you are able to accomplish. I don't know where you get the energy, but it is wonderful to see! Thank you for sharing your Life's Journal with us. It is inspiring! Have a lovely weekend.

MadSnapper said...

I love that green suit on Santa, its beautiful. she chose well with the color green. that picture of sherry and LD is priceless. I wonder just how many quilts you have made in your life. I am jealous. since you can't go to your country home, it looks like you are enjoying your city home a lot.. that makes me happy. it is 13 days until my birthday and I am spending my time doing a stay away from my birthday hurricane dance. the week before and 2 weeks after my birthday there is almost always a hurricane out there threatening to come out way

Changes in the wind said...

This was a great post and loved the pictures of the baby....so sweet.

Jan said...

Congratulations to all-she is a beautiful baby! So tiny and perfect! We are so ready for fall too. I feel funny getting excited because the temperatures are going to be back in the 90's, but that's summer in Texas!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a precious little bundle of joy! I'm so happy for everyone and will keep this baby in my prayers. Hugs!

Chatty Crone said...

She is beautiful. Congrats. Great great granddaughter. AMAZING.

salemslot9 said...

almost five pounds...
happy for you

photowannabe said...

Oh, that sweet tiny bundle of joy makes we want to plant a few Grandma Kisses on her. Congratulations to all of you.
I do love the way you have adjusted to some new ways of living. It Looks Great on both of you.
I have been putting off dealing with my linen closet for far too long. I think that's going to be a project in the coming weeks.
Can't wait for your September 1st tour.
You my dear are always doing something Grand.
Sue

Wanda said...

Congratulations on your new precious "Rose" babe. The quilt is lovely and will be very "girly". Wow, don't think we can live long enough to see great-great grandchildren.
You are making progress on your Fall Decorations. Can't wait till next Saturday when the kids are going to help me clean our storage unit and get out all my Seasonal Bins. Then I will do a little decorating.
Celing fans get so dirty so fast...always cleaning ours.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new arrival. Jan

Carla said...

So glad LD's labs came back good. I love the quote about bath, sleep and of course wine. That picture of Sherri and Dean was a few days ago. Great pic.
Wanna come straighten up my house. My sewing room looks like a tornado came through. YIKES.
You know I haven't tried a bath in a long time. Used to be once I went down it was a major effort getting up but the one for LD looked nice. Now that I have a new knee and less weight maybe I'll have one. LOL
Hugs

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congrats to all on the newest family member, Aliyah,. The photos of her and her mom were so sweet and will look forward to seeing some of her and great granddad in the future. I will be starting the outside apt fall decos over the weekend. The scarecrows will be happy to be out of storage.

Anonymous said...

Rose will be sweet as sugar! Hope youall can see her soon! Love, Trudy