Saturday, August 31, 2024

It's the Eve of September!

 I have spent every day this week preparing for September!
The house and gazebo are completely decorated and clean and spruced up for the first September Morn of 2024.
As I look back over the years, I have actively celebrated September First as my own personal holiday for at least 50 years! I am 75 now......and I am still as excited about this day as I have ever been!


The den is dressed up for the season!


Back in the 80's I started decorating in August and I remember mt friend, Jean Lancaster, saying that I had faith that fall was coming! It was 100 degrees and I was knee deep in fake fall garlands and plastic pumpkins!


Then there wer \e some years when I waited until September First to even get the decorations down from the attic.


Now all of my fall 'debris' is stored in a building outside and the attic of that building holds seasonal stuff while the bottom floor is where my tubs are kept. As in dozens of tubs! Plus shelves holding fall dinnerware and glasses and ceramic pumpkins and more.


As I have grown older I have started the fall process earlier.


July 6th, 2022, my sister Nita died and I was devastated.
Sometimes I still am.
To comfort myself I decorated for FALL and cried as I did it but somehow it helped.
By August first - it was all done and Jesse took me and Louis Dean to the mountain cabin in New Mexico.


That set the tradition to start earlier - right after the 4th of July.


My goal this year was to be DONE by September First - and I am.


I know I'm a little over the top but I decorate for ME!


If no one ever sees it - I would still decorate.


I hope I always will......


I love fragrance and beauty and warm and cozy are two of my favorite words!


Do you think everyone loves the season they were born in best?
I know Amber loves summer and all that goes with it - and she was born in June.
Ben may prefer summer as well since he was born in August. I need to ask him about that!


Summer and Jesse were both born in the fall - October and November.
I do believe this is their favorite season as well.


Today has been such a blessing as I tidied up the house and set out my clothes for tomorrow.


We will be doing church online in the morning and going to watch the Bell grands play hockey in the afternoon.


I made my fruitcake cookie dough and set out all the things for pumpkin muffins.


I even put parchment paper on the cookie sheets and the cupcake liners in the muffin pans.


I took a good long shower and washed my hair and painted my toes!


The only thing I did NOT do was blow out the gazebo - but it is what it is.


Louis Dean has had a nice long hot bath and is in the den watching a western movie.


I'm about to join him with a tray of meat and cheese and crackers and such for our Saturday night supper.


He's already watched two western movies so I will switch to something we both like.


The gazebo has not been used much this summer but will be more occupied once the weather is cooler.


We have four major 'sitting areas.'
The gazebo.....


and the driveway......


and the kitchen deck....


and now the patio and the deck outside our bedroom door.


This is one of my Happy Places!!

Love all of you who are reading my words and I pray for you.....
thank you for the encouraging and kind comments.
Wishing you all the Autumn Blessings for this season!


26 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

That's a lot of fall and I love it!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

We are very alike in this respect. I started fall decorating the first week of August, and am so glad I did. Because we have been sick. But it is all done!! And I still want to buy more. You must be the only person who has more fall decor than me! I have several huge tubs full. I have enlarged each and every photo!!! I think my favorites are the basket full of sunflowers, leaves and pumpkins and the fall tree. I wish you would give a blog tutorial on how to make and decorate a fall tree...for those of us who are not very artistic. Love seeing inside the gazebo!

Anonymous said...

Glad it is done! Now you can contemplate Christmas! It won't really be long! As I get older, the faster time goes!

Anonymous said...

I love decorating my home .. Many folks say my house is to crowded with things / stuff I also love antiques ..I am rather sad as next month I will be moving to independent living so I must down size .. Many of my treasures have been taken or must be sold .. I think folks think their helping me but it’s very overwhelming .. If you have a moment please say a prayer for me that my new charter in life will be a happy one for me I am very lucky that I am in good health at 86 ..

Anonymous said...

Oh you are one lady! Just lovely, grateful and saved by Jesus. He has been with you every step. It shows and shines in your golden years! Thank you Linda for your blog, from the bottom of my heart. Dee

Rita said...

I was born in early spring but fall has always been my favorite time of year. You are more than ready for it! Looks lovely. :)

Debby said...

I was born in March but have always loved Fall. Two of my three sons were born in the Fall and I also get those memory reminders of when I came home from the hospital with my baby boys. I just adore Fall.
I’ll be late putting up my decor this year but it will happen soon.
Everything looks lovely!

Shannon Hopps said...

I thought of you today! I know that tomorrow I will think of you first thing. And I love that you decorate for YOU! I had a few moments thinking so few people see our home because we live so remotely and no one will ever see these decorations but reading your words reminds me that showing them off is not the goal, it is enjoying them and I will! Thank you, Aunt Linda!

Anonymous said...

I get excited with you for fall! September Morn! I’m so happy it’s here!

Deanna Rabe

Anonymous said...

September Morn!!

Carla said...

I do love how you decorate. I can't say that I'm that good. You are one Fall driven woman. I never thought about the idea that I love spring because I was born in March but I do love spring when it's generally cooler and the flowers are starting to pop. You are a very special woman. Hugs

Granny Marigold said...

Happy First Day of September🧡💛🤎🤎💛💛🧡🧡🧡
I love that you've made it YOUR day.
I used to wait until Sept 1 to decorate my home but now I start mid August and I'm done by now. Why should we wait?

BeachGypsy said...

🎶 🎵 September Morning 🎶 🎵 it's here!!!!!!! Enjoy

Ann said...

I've always waited until after our local fair to do my fall decorating. To me that always marked the end of summer.
All your decorations look great.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Happy September 1st!! Your home looks lovely and ready to embrace the beautiful season. Yes, I am a "fall baby", (September 25) and I love all things fall. But I'm a bit slower about it than you. I usually wait until after Labor Day to start my decorations, which would be this week, if I can get some help to get the stuff out of the shed! You have inspired me to get a move on!! Enjoy your lovely fall days. You are amazing!

Estelle's said...

I want to be included in wishing you a happy September 1st...we made it, didn't we? Oh Linda, you have outdone yourself on spreading the joy the season brings...your home looks so, so pretty....I simply adore it all! We shall in all the bliss of the day....warm hugs across the miles...

Sharon said...

Oh Linda, as I opened my iPad I saw the date sept 1st ! Your holiday September morn
Went directly to your blog. There it was, your post from yesterday 50 years and still going strong. It all looks so warm and cozy. That’s a lot of debris so much more than I put up. You have more energy than anyone else that I know. Thanks for always sharing you’re heart. Enjoy ❤️ Sharon K. In New Jersey

Anonymous said...

Love your fall decorations. I usually start decorating for fall in mid to late August even though the temperatures are in the high 90’s or low 100’s! So thankful we survived another August here in Texas. RHill, TX

Betty said...

Happy September morn just listened to Neil diamonds beautiful song and sent up a quick prayer for you and LD enjoy this day and a start to a beautiful cooler season

MadSnapper said...

I like the last photo best, it says LInda perfectly. You need a pillow that says, In Love with Fall. Just sayin! Happy First day of Sept and you should be up by now playing your records.. I think I hear Niel Diamond out there towards Texas

Changes in the wind said...

Thank you for being you........

Chatty Crone said...

You are certainly ready for fall!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must take a long time. I bet Christmas takes even longer!

salemslot9 said...

Look at what you've done
Why, you've become a grown-up girl
I still can hear you crying
In a corner of your room
And look how far we've come
So far from where we used to be
But not so far that we've forgotten
How it was before

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy September! I do love all your decorations!

Susie said...

Linda, You go girl. I would just love to come and walk around outside even, so pretty. I love it. Enjoy every day my friend. Love you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Donna said...

Glad you're all ready for Fall...My favorite time of the year is Spring and Christmas...I was born in August but I have no love of a hot Texas season.
hugs
Donna