Friday, August 2, 2024

We are IN the Mountains of Northern New Mexico!!!

 We left home at 2:00 on Thursday afternoon and settled in for the 10-12 drive to the cabin in New Mexico. Other than a potty break and filling up with fuel...


Our first real stop was at Paradise Coffee in Amarillo.
It's a tradition!


From Amarillo to the cabin is another four hours and this was our second main stop for fuel, potty break, snacks and walking about.


We arrived here at the cabin at 11:30 Mountain Time.....
unloaded and unpacked and sat up in bed with a glass of wine before turning the lights out at 1:00 AM~
We slept so well.


The first thing I did when I woke up was to look outside!


Fresh daisies everywhere!


It's so beautiful here!


I love spending my quiet time out on the deck.


Cooler weather!
And some rain every day - perfect weather!


Rachel and Jesse.....


I love this view and sat here for a long time just soaking in the cool fragrant air, listening to the sounds of thunder, wind in the trees, humming birds humming, magpies calling, chipmonks chattering all while peace and contentment wrapped around me like a soft cloak draped over my shoulders.


Louis Dean is loving it here, too!
He was out later in the morning collecting seeds from the daisies and other wild flowers to take home with us.


Life just doesn't get any better than this!


We have plenty of firewood left from the load Jesse bought during spring break so I'm sure we will have a campfire and/or a fire in the fireplace!

Earlier this afternoon, Jesse, Rachel and I went down to the village of Mora.....


I have been wanting to shop here at the Mora Valley Spinning Mill.


Can you spy my son, Jesse??

This is a fascinating shop and they have a wool spinning mill specializing in all kinds of yarns.


I bought a beautiful cape amongst other things as did Rachel!

From there we went 'exploring.'
Driving down really rustic dirt roads and meandering through fields of wildflowers and scenic spots.


Even abandoned houses were photo worthy!


This stream was way in the back woods!


Jesse is such a good sport and always up for an adventure!


We drove on through what had now turned into grassy trails....and when I thought we had come to a dead end - Jesse hopped out and opened a wire fence/gate which took us right up the main road.

Such a perfect afternoon!!


This is where we found Louis Dean as happy and content as he could be!

A late lunch of Tomato Bisque Soup and grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches followed by naps all around!

My bucket is filling up so fast!!

I'm happy to be here and so is Louis Dean!
Jesse is such an amazing son and so kind and thoughtful to us.
It's a beautiful thing to have a special place to spend a few days just being.
Thank you, Jim and Medina, for your hospitality and thank you, Jesse and Rachel, for all you do for us.


We have two more full days here!







14 comments:

Debby said...

Oh it looks so nice! What beautiful scenery. You and Louis Dean have to be the cutest couple! I’m happy for you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow that is a very long drive to make without stopping overnight! What wonderful photos! I love the daisies. And the light there seems so different and shimmering! Especially the one of Louis Dean looking for seeds and the one of the cabin amidst the big pine trees. Those are my favorites! Post your new cape! I hope you get lots of rest and good nature!

Ann said...

That was a long drive but the destination is all worth it. It's absolutely beautiful there. Looks so peaceful and relaxing. I would love to sit on that porch and look out at the view.

MadSnapper said...

I love that cabin and the porch and the fire pit. LOVE the fire pit and would really like your cool temps right now. It is truly a beautiful spot to laze and enjoy nature. you look adorable sitting in the chair. LD gets more handsome by the day

Changes in the wind said...

A breath of fresh air for sure!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Nice to hqve q break from the heat ! Enjoy your vacation in the mountains!

Chatty Crone said...

I agree - it was a long drive - but very worth it. The temperature alone is wonderful. So relaxing. Fun with your son and DIL. Lookes like Dean is enjoying it too. So happy for all of you. Sandie

Susan~aredheadonthego said...

Jesse is a great son. He obviously enjoys his Momma’s company. Smart man!

photowannabe said...

What a delightful place and you look so cute Linda..of course Louis Dean isn't too bad himself.
He looks like he is having a wonderful time in the cooler outdoors. That would be a dream for me!!
Sue

Deanna Rabe said...

You have eyes that see the beauty, not only of the scenery but of the hearts of people. I’m so glad you got to the cabin again.

Savor your days.

Donna said...

What a wonderful place to escape to...with family! How sweet of them.
Have fun!
hugs
Donna

Shug said...

Oh goodness....I am glad I found your blog. I live only about a 100 + miles from Irving. I'm glad to meet another Texas blogger. Enjoy your time...it is truly beautiful. Please stop by for a visit...

Latane Barton said...

I can't think of a more perfect place to be right now than where you and Louis Dean are. I would never want to leave!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

It looks like a beautiful place.