Tuesday, August 27, 2024

So Many Blessings!!!

 Saturday morning found Louis Dean out on our kitchen deck singing old hymns to me.....


One of his favorites is 'I Know Who Holds Tomorrow' which is so special as that's the song he and Jutta sang on one of her visits here with us in Texas. She had some deep concerns of her heart regarding the health of her beloved son-in-law. They sang this song together all the way to the airport when she was flying back to Finland. It will always be 'their' song! And her loved one is now healthy andd strong again.


The temps have moderated somewhat and are now in the upper 90's - but it's still HOT!
I've opted for cold breakfasts and easy food choices not requiring HEAT!!


One of our daily chores is to hand water.
It is a never ending thing to do and no matter how much we water - things are turning brown right and left. We spend a lot of $$ putting in plants and they thrive and then struggle and then die in August.
I plant less and less as our finances squeeze a little tighter every year.
I try for Texas plants that survive heat and drought - but even they don't always survive.

Sunday morning Louis Dean and I went to church.


He said, "Linda, I do NOT want to get in the habit of NOT going to church!"
So we went and arrived while the music was still going on.
Next Sunday we will take two sets of ear plugs. It is so LOUD and that's fine for younger people.... and I would not change things at all.
But for us and our age and his heart situation - we need to protect ourselves from the music.


Louis Dean dearly loves Chinese Buffets.....especially this one!
So I suggested lunch out there and he was such a happy camper!
Now I seldom overeat.....I may go for another glass of wine or use three extra shakes of salt ....but I do not normally eat fried foods or too much of anything.
Until I DID!
Oh, my goodness! Everything tastsed so GOOD!
I drove home in a food coma - which I found to be a real 'thing.'
Louis Dean and I both went down for naps - he in the guest room and I in our bedroom.
The difference is HE got up and I didn't! I stayed in bed until 10:00 PM.
Moaning and groaning!
I won't be doing THAT again any time soon!

Summer drove in from Arkansas on Monday for a doctor appointment and to pick up Rayne.


We met up at Chili's for a late lunch together!


Rayne and her Mummers!!!


Rayne is stepping on her tippy toes here!
She IS taller than I am - NOT as tall as Summer!
BUSTED, Rayne!!!
I have to tell you she is such a cool kid!
Already has a life plan mapped out and I am in awe of her insights in what she wants to do in life.


She is absolutely amazing and I am so proud of her!

They headed back to the Bar-J Ranch in Eldorado, Arkansas and Louis Dean and I went to his appointment with Dr. Shashi Dharma who is his Ophtalmologyist. I OOPS in keeping up with Louis Dean's appointments as it was TWO YEARS past due! We saw her in May 2022 and was supposed to follow up in 6 months! I need to do better! And I WILL!


Turns out with some testing that day that he needs a iridotomy in both eyes as he has angled-closure glaucoma. Without this procedure he could go blind due to elevated pressure behind his eyes.

Good to know!!!
Appointment made and moving forward....
He was NOT a happy camper about this but once I read all the info - this is absolutely something he needs to do.

I praise God that Louis Dean knows I have his best interest at heart and am determined to take care of him.

So that was our weekend and Monday!

Tuesday is my my favorite day of the week and today was an absolutley GREAT one!!!

Brenda and I hit the Mothet Lode of bargain fall debris at Texas Thrift today!


My receipt was probably the longest one in my history of thrifting.....


So many treasures!!



I displayed my 'loot' all around the table.....


I had actually ran low on my decorating things and still have the gazebo to do.


No worries now!


I have lots to choose from!


It was like Christmas today!


And the day just got better and better!


Aldi was chock full of all things 'PUMPKIN!'
Be still my heart!

Topping off this perfectTuesday - it RAINED while I was writing tonight's journal entry!

It just doesn't get any better than THIS!!!

Tonight is Tuesday so just FOUR more days until  I wake up to the very first September Morn of 2024!!
I,Am.So.Excited!!!

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wat a haul! I think my favorites are the pumpkins and the tray. I did not know anything about this eye condition or the iridotomy. So I went and Googled it, very interesting! It is so good that there is a procedure like this that will fix his eyes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You got quite some haul there girlfriend! Like Ginny, I loved the tray! (I have thing about trays, I confess!) You really mopped up this time!
Rayne gets prettier and prettier!I

Anonymous said...

Rayne is so cute and growing fast! Summer looks great, too! You and Louis Dean are good for each other!
You found great stuff at the thrift and yes, it’s almost here!

Deanna Rabe

MadSnapper said...

Rayne has grown into a beautiful young woman and I am happy for her she has a plan. when I was her age I had no plan at all.
I am glad you went to the eye doctor, and that she caught this in time to correct it. Bob fusses about going once a year, I drag him there. he still at 89 doesn't need glasses but I tell him its not about glasses its about things like this.
some doctors there is no way to get him to go.
I giggled as I looked at all your autumn treasures and tried to think of anything I have bought other than supplies that have to be replenished. the only thing this year are those beloved lights in the nook. other than that, the last thing I bought was a cell phone a year ago. the only decoration I have bought is the tiny tree 2 years ago

Chatty Crone said...

You found some really great things - as usual. I am ready for fall too!

Changes in the wind said...

My favorite picture was of you and LD at church....cute couple!

photowannabe said...

I simply love you and Louis Dean and the photo of you two together. I'm glad he knows you have his best interests at heart and that his eyes will be fixed.
Yes, I'm seeing pumpkin everything ... everywhere.. Fall is definitely coming.
Love the pictures of Summer and Rayne. She is a real cutie that has a fantastic head on her shoulders.
The song about not knowing what tomorrow will bring is one of my favorites too. How perfect for LD and Jutta singing it. What a Promise!!
Sue

BeachGypsy said...

Love the " at church" picture--- yall look great. Love your hat! I can almost hear the " SEPTEMBER MORNING" Song--- its coming! 😃 😊 😀 😄

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a wonderful post. I love that song, "I know Who holds tomorrow"...yes...that is a special song and one to remember when things get difficult or scary. Praying for LD's eyes. Our eyes are a priceless thing that we cannot afford to lose. My hubby has some eye issues that are being closely watched and monitored right now. I told him this is so important...we take our sight for granted and when I think of the possibility of not being able to see all the beauty around us, well, that's just not an option! Praying all goes well. Love your pictures all the way through. Yes, September's coming!! Hooray! My favorite month...(my birth month, that's why, lol). Hopefully it will begin to cool off a bit sometime in September. We can pray that way anyway! Take care my friend. God is with you!

Anonymous said...

I had narrow angle Glaucoma, for which I had laser surgery about 20 years ago. Piece of cake! My doctor told me that he felt I would have regular Glaucoma also, which I do. I use drops in each eye at night. He is preparing to retire, which I dislike, but he deserves to do it. He has not done so yet, because UTSW has not found anyone to replace him.

Anonymous said...

This is from DeeDee Clark

Granny Marigold said...

You found such a lot of Fall-ish treasures! My favourite I think is Eat, Drink and Be Scary.

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad you are doing well! Praise God for good doctors! Love you, DeeDee!! Linda C

Susie said...

Linda, Love the family pictures. It's near your favorite month my friend. Seems August got by quickly. I like the cute things you picked up for decorating. Blessings, love you guys, xoxo, Susie

Donna said...

Pretty Rayne! And you did get a huge haul! Wow! Good on you! Glad the doctor can treat his eyes! Well done!
hugs
Donna