Monday, July 31, 2023

Monday at the Cabin....

I love waking up here at the cabin!
Jesse set up his coffee bar in the small cabin and when I woke us, Louis Dean was walking down the short path holding a fresh cup of coffee in his hand. 


Talk about FRESH coffee!
Jesse roasts the beans, grinds them and makes the coffee one cup at a time.


It's all in how you do it!


He used the expresso machine and turns out a perfect cup from start to finish in one minute!


Delicious!!!


I made a good breakfast for all of us!


I watched a movie while Louis Dean took a nap and when he woke up -  I took one!

We had a late lunch around 3:00 of tuna salad sandwiches and iced tea.
Easy peasy meals this week!


Louis Dean and I took a little walk down to the creek late this afternoon.


So pretty!!!
It was around 70 degrees at the time.







Louis Dean is enjoying being here as much as I am.


It is a wonderful break from the intense heat back home.


Everywhere I look is so peaceful.



Walking down this section of the road was a lot easier than walking back UP!


Louis Dean has spent some quality time 'loafing' as he calls it.
He's seen deer, hummingbirds, teeny tiny bees, and more!


We did our reading out on the deck early in the evening instead of this morning.

It's been a luxurious day of rest and relaxation.
I have had a slight headache all day due to the altitude I think.
I took some Motrin a little while ago so I think I shall go right on to bed.
We skipped supper tonight because we weren't hungry.




"Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax."
Mark Black

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful that you are having a long cool rest in a gorgeous new place. I love creeks, grew up with one.

Unknown said...

Yes the high altitude here in New Mexico takes some getting used to if you're not from here. Don't overdo. Stay hydrated. You should adjust in a day or two. The pictures are beautiful.

Ann said...

Sounds like the perfect day. What a beautiful area that is.

Donna said...

Nothing better than a babbling brook and pine trees in the mountains!
Drink lots of water! It stops that "mountain headache"!
Have fun!
hugs
Donna

Estelle's said...

How wonderful this must be...the sights, sounds and smells...pure tranquility...enjoy every minute!

MadSnapper said...

way back when we took vacations, we almost always had breakfast and lunch and skipped evening meals. it does look so peaceful and I can FEEL the cool air looking at the photos of the trees and creek and people wearing long pants and flannel shirts and jackets.

Arlene G said...

I am so glad you are able to get away to peace, quiet and a lovely cool temperature.

patty said...

Would you mind sharing your recipe for potatoes? They always look so good in the picture

photowannabe said...

Oh yes, resting is the best! I think this trip is good for both of you and for your son too.
Boy would I love a cup of that special coffee. I would savor every sip.
Love Louis Dean's "loafing" that's what this time in New Mexico is all about. He looks perfectly content sitting and watching nature go by.
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh that is so beautiful!! I could easily just stay there until the snow flies! So picturesque! I hope you just relax and enjoy every minute of it. Great place to read, write, paint, take walks, naps, wow, I could really enjoy that place! Thank you for sharing the beauty with us. God bless you all and have a wonderful time.

Rita said...

Loafing in the beauty of nature is good for the soul! What a lovely creek--a true babbling brook. Hope your headache disappears quickly. Enjoy! Enjoy! :)

Wanda said...

Your vacation at the cabin looks marvelous. We just got back last night from our trip to Tucson AZ. Can't wait to share.

Susie said...

Linda, Fresh coffee and a real taste of the good life. This break from the heat will do all of you some good. Blessings, xoxo,love , Susie

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for several years. I enjoy it so much and appreciate you sharing your daily doings with us.
I just wanted to say that if I could paint, I'd paint that picture of LD at the fire circle. It's just a perfect scene of a lovely man relaxing.
Enjoy the mountains!
Rose in Delaware

BeachGypsy said...

so glad y'all arrived safely Linda! Oh gosh, that place is really pretty! Those mountains, and those trees! love all the pictures and the dirt road, you and I both sure love the dirt roads, don't we? Enjoy your time there, continue to RELAX....and gosh, enjoy ALL THAT FRESH COOOOOOL AIR!! That must feel SO GOOD! hUGS!
PS....I do love your new hair-do, Linda IT LOOKS GREAT!! Very pretty.