Wednesday, July 5, 2023

We are in the COUNTRY!!!

We took yesterday to rest, recover and regroup from several busy days in a row.
While I meant to get up early this morning - and I did wake up at 8:30 - but I closed my eyes and the next thing I knew it was 10:30!!

Still.....we only had to get dressed, pack up the perishable groceries and the cats and Bible basket - and GO!
EXCEPT - when I went to put my wedding rings on - only my engagement ring was in the dish at the side of the bed where I put  them every night.
Looking for it delayed us a good hour and a half and we still didn't find it!
But I KNOW it is IN the bedroom!

I used to be a truly great housekeeper - but after getting two high powered flashlights - I am so ashamed! The cobwebs and spider sacks are worthy of being featured in a Halloween movie!
When we get home next week I am going to move everything and FIND my wedding band!

I was married for 41 years before and have a beautiful wedding ring set from then and I am thinking about taking them and my engagement ring to a jeweler and having a new set made.
That's IF I don't find my band.
It's not a really expensive one but Louis Dean picked it out all by himself and surprised me with a proposal on something like our third date.
It was at an Italian restaurant in Brownwood and I remember the diners setting close to us cheered when I said, "YES!"
We have had 18 wonderful years together and with or without my wedding band, I am so blessed.

It was early afternoon when we finally gave up and left.
We headed to Waco by way of Fort Worth to take a basket of entrees to Nita's Mike in Fort Worth,
Every time I have cooked or baked, I saved some to package up and freeze to take to Mike and his sister, Gail. We dropped them off on our way south and I am hoping I didn't accidently include some scraps I froze for the critters down here at the ranch!

We stopped at HEB for a few things and Louis Dean stayed in the truck with the kitties while I shopped.. He doesn't have a cell phone anymore and I could NOT find him on  the parking lot when I came out! 15 minutes of wandering around and a kind man asked me how he could help.
I described our truck and explained my husband does not have a cell phone but he does have some dementia. He was so nice and said, "I have a few extra minutes!" And off he went to walk the parking lot and he FOUND the big somewhat ugly white Dodge Ram pickup with a camper shell on it!
He called out to me and I was so relieved!
Praise God for all the sweet people He puts in our lives just when we need them!


I love it when we turn on County Line Road and I can take my seatbelt off!



I love the gravel Ranch Road even more!!
'Our' place is at the end and to the right.



As soon as we had unloaded all the important things - Louis Dean was out there mowing what he calls the jungle! We do have a lawn area and that's what he's mowing in this photo.


But where there are flowers - I do NOT want them mowed down!


It's important to keep what flowers we can for the bees!
There's not nearly as many flowers as in June when the 'other' Linda Chapman and I were here.
This is why we plan on harvesting out honey this weekend.

The next 'flow' of nectar and pollen will be bitterweed and the bees love that but we do NOT!

Our pumpkin patch is not dead but in need of some serious watering as is the watermelon patch.
Our tomato plants are alive and that's all I can say about that.
We have a surprise patch of okra or zucchini or squash - in front of the fire pit.
 


The rose garden is doing well in spite of needing a good weeding and watering!

We are HERE and unloaded and unpacked and put up and ready to enjoy our time!

It is 11:14 on July 5th as I write these words.
My sister Nita was alive this time last year....but in a coma and ready to go to heaven.
It will be a year tomorrow around 12:30 when she left this earth and went to be with the Lord.
I can hardly believe it's been a year.....I can still hardly believe she is gone.
I know with all my being that she is more alive this moment than she ever was here on earth....
but I still struggle and grieve and mourn that she's not HERE where we all expected her to be for years and years! She held all of us siblings together.
Nita was my biggest fan  and loved me unconditionally.
She always saw the best in me and gave me the benefit of any doubt and saw me in the best possible light. What an amazing blessing to have a sister like that!
I am blessed to have Deanie and Lonnie and Buster and Rita who all love me and think the best of me.

I'm so grateful that my Kansas City family met Nita last March.
 


God bless all of us who love Nita and give us comfort and peace in our hearts.



16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are right, Nita is so happy now!! And in perfect peace. I am glad you found Louis Dean, that was a scary moment!!!

Unknown said...

Don't worry about the cobwebs in your bedroom, October will be here before you know it and they'll add some ambience to your decorating.

I'm sure you'll find your wedding band when you get back home.

That crazy Louis Dean hiding from you in the parking lot. Glad you found him though.

I hope Mike is feeling better and I'm sure he appreciated the food and baked goods you left for him.

I can't believe it's been a year since Nita went to her forever home. But you'll see her someday when its your time. Hopefully that won't be for a very long time. God bless everyone who loves and misses her.

Enjoy your time at the ranch.

Elizabeth said...

Such a hard time to get through. Our grief at losing someone we love so much will never leave us, we just have to learn to walk with it every day.
My thoughts and prayers are with you today and always,
Big hugs,
Elizabeth

Donna said...

The ring! I think I would look closely under the dresser where the bowl is...My kitty used to love to go "fishing" in the little bowl I kept on my dresser for my rings, etc. Hope you find it!
I love walking around my house using a big flashlight! You can really see what needs cleaning! lol
When I go shopping, I get out of my car...line it up with the building (HEB) maybe I'm right in line with the H and that's how I know where I'm parked. I got tired of not being able to find my car! lol
So glad you made it to the ranch! And I'm SO sorry about your Nita...I know she's Always by your side!
Big hug
Donna

Brenda said...

Prayers
Brenda b

MadSnapper said...

I use a big flashlight to find pills we drop on the floor in the kitchen, they hide in plain sight on the white ceramic tile. you are right, things that are unseen come out of hiding when using the flashlight. I don't dare aim one up at the ceiling. LOL
so glad you are home in your bee country home, and that the nice man helped you find your truck. hope the heat doesn't bake you to hot and the rain doesn't make mud while you are there so you can enjoy all the critters and fun of a country visit
Hugs for your heart and Nita memories. a year has just blown by, I had no idea

Changes in the wind said...

Glad you made it to the ranch (your happy place) and hope your honey retriaval goes well.

Granny Marigold said...

I know today your heart is saddened because you no longer have your dear sister here on earth. I pray that God will comfort you.
Your roses seem to be flourishing in spite of the heat. When I think it's terribly hot here I think of Texas and I know what we have doesn't compare.
I'm so glad that kind man helped you find your truck on the parking lot. I hope he knows how kind we all think he is!! AND I hope you find your wedding ring.
Blessings, Granny Marigold

photowannabe said...

Enjoy your time in your Happy Place. Its such good medicine for you. Hope you will find that wedding band when you get home.
Don't work too hard and enjoy your flowers. Hugs to Louis Dean too.
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you are in the country and always find the peace and contentment there. You'll find your wedding band when you get back! Just enjoy your time in the country! Sweet hugs to you both, Diane

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh no. Hope you find your ring when you get back. It's probably in a "right under your nose" spot, like near the dresser where the bowl was sitting.
Enjoy your time in the country.

BeachGypsy said...

Welcome back to the COUNTRY, I've been waiting for you!! ha ha LOL Love all the pictures especially the pretty flowers! Your ring could be in the bed frame, sometimes tiny things fall into there. You will find it when you get back I am sure! Love the sunflowers and those COUNTRY ROAD pictures!! Enjoy your time there, and relax! Let us know how the honey harvest goes ok?

Deanna Rabe said...

Linda,
I hope you find your ring!

How can it be a year already? What a blessing that you have siblings that love you. What a gift!

Enjoy the ranch. I can't wait to see your honey harvest!

Wanda said...

The days turn into years. I can't believe its been a year since Nita took up residence in heaven. I do believe she is by your side and is loving on you as you are her.
That wedding band is being sneeky! Hope the cat didn't decide to eat it!!

It might be a nice thing to have a new set made!

What a happy place the Ranch is! We all need happy places. My and my dearest is the balcony...don't even have to pack up, except for the tray for lunch!

I'm like Donna, I try to line up my car with something at the store that will remind me where I parked! When Don's with me we can use the handicap! That a lot easier to find.

Have a great time at the Ranch!!

Anonymous said...

Hope that elusive ring shows up once you are home! Smiling about the ‘lost truck’ at HEB. I’ve done a little wandering myself at times. I try to park in the same general area every time, so that my white SUV can be found in a parking lot if white SUV’s. Enjoy your time at the ranch!

Judy (My Front Porch)

Carla said...

Love the pictures of the pretty flowers. I want some sunflower around here. Maybe I get some planted this fall for next year.
I love how you get to the country as often as y'all can. The Country is always so much nicer than the city. I'm so glad to be out of the Houston area.
I do hope you find your wedding ring.
Cobwebs... I looked up this evening at the light fixture over the table and saw some little gossamer web strings.

Hugs